Kangaroux

Kangaroux's Remixes

For the record I remix quite a few songs and I'll post em up here whenever I do a new one. I don't like having zip files with all of them so I typically just upload them all to my kiwi6 account. All the songs I've recently remastered have a bass line that sits right around -5dB, so you may have to adjust your gains to get the most out of them.

Here's a link to all my stuff: http://kiwi6.com/folders/wrg8208rg4

And here's a link to all of the songs I've gone through and remastered (I have a LOT to upload...I've remastered 65 songs so far but only have a few uploaded): http://kiwi6.com/folders/oaqnh8ntf0

Just did this one for Julian cause he wanted a remix of this song that wasn't clipped.

http://kiwi6.com/file/8maq7sy8y5

you should post the peak freqs lol

thanks!!!

Yeah the frequency would be nice. Thanks for sharing!

The main peaks for that In For The Kill remix are 41hz, 33hz, and 55hz. I don't really keep track of what the freq's are of each song but if you guys really want to know I'll write them down when I post up a link.

33, 41 and 55 Hz.

track has 0.3db of clipping. Nothing to worry about, just letting you know.

Also, try to alter your basslines without slowing the song down. It's more enjoyable, :)

33, 41 and 55 Hz.

Also, try to alter your basslines without slowing the song down. It's more enjoyable, smile.png

For the record that clipping goes away once your amp lowpasses it...that 0.3dB is just on the vocals :)

I do rebass some stuff but I prefer just slowing it cause I prefer how it sounds slowed, that and rebassing is a wicked PITA since I do it by hand in audacity (including completely remaking the kicks).

Gonna try a bunch of these low hitters, thanks

no no.. not "rebassing" i'm assuming you mean adding your own lines?

I'm talking about using what is already in the recording and simply altering it, like you do with slowing down songs, but not the whole frequency range.. Just part of it.

I use a multitude of software as Audacity can only do some stuff..

I stopped hosting songs once i started doing this.. I'll let you hear some of it sometime later. I'm gonna be busy for next several days.

33, 41 and 55 Hz.

Also, try to alter your basslines without slowing the song down. It's more enjoyable, smile.png

For the record that clipping goes away once your amp lowpasses it...that 0.3dB is just on the vocals smile.png

I do rebass some stuff but I prefer just slowing it cause I prefer how it sounds slowed, that and rebassing is a wicked PITA since I do it by hand in audacity (including completely remaking the kicks).

Yep, takes me like one hour per song or more if I add treble, lol sucks

no no.. not "rebassing" i'm assuming you mean adding your own lines?

I'm talking about using what is already in the recording and simply altering it, like you do with slowing down songs, but not the whole frequency range.. Just part of it.

I use a multitude of software as Audacity can only do some stuff..

I stopped hosting songs once i started doing this.. I'll let you hear some of it sometime later. I'm gonna be busy for next several days.

I've tried playing around with just certain frequencies but it never sounds that good. But I am curious as to what you do to slow down just a part of it and have it not sound like garbage.

Gonna try a bunch of these low hitters, thanks

No problem. A song a lot of people seem to like is the remix of hood nigga. When the bass hits it's actually a sweep from like 37hz down to 33hz iirc. It sounds pretty cool. Keep in mind the original remixes I did have a loud bass line cause I never really paid too much attention to consistency and making sure all the songs had a moderate sounding bass line. With that being said, the songs shouldn't clip, just the vocals will be a bit quieter and the bass a bit louder. I may start uploading some of my mastered versions tonight

33, 41 and 55 Hz.

For the record that clipping goes away once your amp lowpasses it...that 0.3dB is just on the vocals smile.png

Yep, takes me like one hour per song or more if I add treble, lol sucks

Lol tell me about it. It's not too bad though. If the song has a repeating beat I make the part for the beat and then just copy and paste it wherever else it's used.

Divide your work into 2 sections.

You need to attack the LOWS.. not the highs.

X-over the Low band between 48-96db around 100-175hz dependent upon possible peaks in that range and their amplitude.

X-over the High band between 48-96db(must be same as Low band and Hz too).

Export High Band as a single .WAV file unaltered.

Export Low Band as a single .WAV file.

Now, Change Pitch of the Low band negatively. This will give the sense of slowing down the bass by lowering it's peaks without changing it's speed.

Add all other necessary Processing afterwards as intended.

Now resave.

Now, using whatever software you gave, Open both WAV files and MIX them together then resave as .WAV

Now, reopen in Audacity and Execute HARD LIMITER at Value -0.1dB

Go through and listen for any audible distortion. If any exists, it's because your LOW.wav file has too much information in it and needs to be attenuated.

IF you feel this is unacceptable, then attenuate the entire HIGH.WAV file and remix the files together.

This will give the LOW.WAV file more headroom for bass.

Divide your work into 2 sections.

You need to attack the LOWS.. not the highs.

X-over the Low band between 48-96db around 100-175hz dependent upon possible peaks in that range and their amplitude.

X-over the High band between 48-96db(must be same as Low band and Hz too).

Export High Band as a single .WAV file unaltered.

Export Low Band as a single .WAV file.

Now, Change Pitch of the Low band negatively. This will give the sense of slowing down the bass by lowering it's peaks without changing it's speed.

Add all other necessary Processing afterwards as intended.

Now resave.

Now, using whatever software you gave, Open both WAV files and MIX them together then resave as .WAV

Now, reopen in Audacity and Execute HARD LIMITER at Value -0.1dB

Go through and listen for any audible distortion. If any exists, it's because your LOW.wav file has too much information in it and needs to be attenuated.

IF you feel this is unacceptable, then attenuate the entire HIGH.WAV file and remix the files together.

This will give the LOW.WAV file more headroom for bass.

40.jpg

confused?

confused?

Nah just a whole lotta saving and resaving....I'll give it a shot later and see how it works. Thanks!

yea, it's raw format saving so it's not degrading the quality.. Only thing that could possibly degrade is the processing itself(eqing, etc...) but that's why we do it, hehe.

IF you want, i will post up a song i did so u can see how realistic it sounds..

Lil Jon - I don't give a F*ck. gimme just a moment.

If you remember, this song peaks around 50hz, mine peaks in the mid 30s.

Yep that's how I do my songs as well. I save often, because I change it back and forth until I like it. Sometimes I get it so screwed up it's easy to just reload the save lol.

I used to hate slowed stuff, but it kinda depends on the song. Megaslow I think is awful. But I heard the real version of I cook and think it's terrible. Although I've also heard megaslowed and thought that was equally as bad. In for the kill decaf version I love, but I think Laroux is kinda grating in real speed.

Enough rambling. I do like some of the songs you mixed and dl'd them. Thanks!

Yea, some songs do sound good slowed, i just wanted to point out it's not the only way to go about it if u wish you didn't have to.

Yep that's how I do my songs as well. I save often, because I change it back and forth until I like it. Sometimes I get it so screwed up it's easy to just reload the save lol.

I used to hate slowed stuff, but it kinda depends on the song. Megaslow I think is awful. But I heard the real version of I cook and think it's terrible. Although I've also heard megaslowed and thought that was equally as bad. In for the kill decaf version I love, but I think Laroux is kinda grating in real speed.

Enough rambling. I do like some of the songs you mixed and dl'd them. Thanks!

Thanks! Yeah some songs sound terrible slowed, others sound awesome. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of how much this la roux song sounds slowed, but I'm hesitant to rebass it. I don't like rebassing songs that have too much midbass in them because I have to cut that out in order to rebass it and have it not sound bad. As a result, any mid bass you get from the vocals, drums, etc. all get taken out, and it makes the vocals sound wicked hollow.

Looking forward to trying the "On my level" Gotta feeling thats gonna be slappin, :)

How would that sound any better? unless you want some home theater bass...

Stock peaks are 3147hz

Looking forward to trying the "On my level" Gotta feeling thats gonna be slappin, smile.png

That's one of my favorites. It hits right at like 40hz on that high note and it grabs you lol. I love demoing it.

If you're feeling ballsy, give this a shot. Put on slowed down to 21hz. God does that flex everything LOL

http://kiwi6.com/file/pwm293ivv6