Kangaroux

Kangaroux's Remixes

Sounds pretty good. Though you can tell there is a slight wobble to it which is a result of the slowing. Just rebassed the song at 35hz so you can compare it if you want.

http://kiwi6.com/file/8nz3ti840y

Here's the audacity file if you wanna take a peak at it. I mixed all the rebassing together so I could work on it easier but you get the idea. http://fbe.am/boE

I can tell your version has a sharper emphasis on the frequency itself rather than a blend like the one i did.

We have different output goals, hehe.

I can tell your version has a sharper emphasis on the frequency itself rather than a blend like the one i did.

I use a cheap pair of $20 headphones that I can't hear anything under 50hz with to remix these songs so I can't really pick up on much of that lol. Just noticed the main track itself needs to be highpassed a bit higher to get rid of some of that 50hz cause it's giving the rebassed line some wobble to it from the 2 waves interfering with eachother

How would that sound any better? unless you want some home theater bass...

Stock peaks are 3147hz

That would make sense had I ever actually heard the regular song in my truck or on a system, LOL

I use a cheap pair of $20 headphones that I can't hear anything under 50hz with to remix these songs so I can't really pick up on much of that lol. Just noticed the main track itself needs to be highpassed a bit higher to get rid of some of that 50hz cause it's giving the rebassed line some wobble to it from the 2 waves interfering with eachother

I use a 15$ pair of earbuds that will play down to 20hz very very well. You need something in your ear to hear the low notes clear and loudly. Sometimes I wish my truck played down as well as the earbuds

oh, well then go to bestbuy and buy these-

Sony MDR-XB500

They should be under $80. Specifically geared toward reproducing ridiculous amounts of bass.

We tested them on test tones and could audibly hear down to NINE, yes, 9 HZ before it started going mechanical. They are beefy as hell but worth it.

I use a 15$ pair of earbuds that will play down to 20hz very very well. You need something in your ear to hear the low notes clear and loudly. Sometimes I wish my truck played down as well as the earbuds

Yeah ear buds are way better for that. Ideally I would want to get like a 10 or 12" dcon to use but I don't have a receiver or any speakers to use, plus I've tried running subs in my room and I can't find a spot where it sounds good.

Sony MDR-XB500

They should be under $80. Specifically geared toward reproducing ridiculous amounts of bass.

We tested them on test tones and could audibly hear down to NINE, yes, 9 HZ before it started going mechanical. They are beefy as hell but worth it.

Yep I've heard a lot of good from those. Other problem is I don't have a sound card on my comp so I would be rocking onboard lol. Would probably be way better than just using these headphones though

Sony MDR-XB500

Yep I've heard a lot of good from those. Other problem is I don't have a sound card on my comp so I would be rocking onboard lol. Would probably be way better than just using these headphones though

no worries about the sound card... onboard audio can reproduce way more than enough signal and current for those headphones... I don't really like the 500s, my fav from that line was the 700s... But that is just me...

Sony MDR-XB500

no worries about the sound card... onboard audio can reproduce way more than enough signal and current for those headphones... I don't really like the 500s, my fav from that line was the 700s... But that is just me...

It's not the strength of the signal I'm worried about it it's the background static you get with onboard that bugs me, but I guess so long as I'm listening to something I won't notice it lol. And yeah the 700's is what I hear a lot of good from.

Damnit! Why didnt you guys tell me about the 700s before i bought these last year!

bigger motor and twice the power handling..

Hell, i'm listening to gcons on my ears right now.. I WANT ZCON HEADPHONE POTENTIAL!

Damnit! Why didnt you guys tell me about the 700s before i bought these last year!

Hell, i'm listening to gcons on my ears right now.. I WANT ZCON HEADPHONE POTENTIAL!

Ask yourself, do you really want to hold up 150+ lbs of subphones when you listen to music?

Edited by Kangaroux

Sony MDR-XB500

It's not the strength of the signal I'm worried about it it's the background static you get with onboard that bugs me, but I guess so long as I'm listening to something I won't notice it lol. And yeah the 700's is what I hear a lot of good from.

If you really wanted to you can get a USB/headphone amp and not have to deal with that....

lol.... more research.. I cheat though, I worked for Sony for over 6yrs....

Ask yourself, do you really want to hold up 150+ lbs of subphones when you listen to music?

I think his head is big enough ! ZING!!!

Sony MDR-XB500

If you really wanted to you can get a USB/headphone amp and not have to deal with that....

lol.... more research.. I cheat though, I worked for Sony for over 6yrs....

I think his head is big enough ! ZING!!!

Thing is if I use the headphones with my comp that means I still have to get the signal from the onboard sound. Amp or not, it will have a slight static.

Thing is if I use the headphones with my comp that means I still have to get the signal from the onboard sound. Amp or not, it will have a slight static.

Nope... USB DAC will NOT go through your onboard sound or even if you had an add-on card.... The USB bypasses that and goes directly through the unit...

Check this out:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st?keywords=fiio&qid=1346044221&rh=n%3A172282%2Ck%3Afiio&sort=reviewrank_authority

Nope... USB DAC will NOT go through your onboard sound or even if you had an add-on card.... The USB bypasses that and goes directly through the unit...

Check this out:

http://www.amazon.co...wrank_authority

That's pretty pimp.

Also, I'm uploading the rest of the songs right now. According to kiwi6 I can only upload 5 files at a time. I beg to differ.

jlIdU.png

not sure which model Sony's I have but I love them. they are huge and look like princess Leia when you where them. super comfortable and sound good. ear buds aren't comfortable after about 30 min for me.

not sure which model Sony's I have but I love them. they are huge and look like princess Leia when you where them. super comfortable and sound good. ear buds aren't comfortable after about 30 min for me.

Same, and I'll be damned if I can find a pair that don't like to slip out of my ears when I move around. Those 700's only cost around $20 more than the 500's, I think I'll give those a shot and see how they sound. A lot of reviews say they don't get muddy when you turn up the volume which is a huge plus for me.

Same, and I'll be damned if I can find a pair that don't like to slip out of my ears when I move around. Those 700's only cost around $20 more than the 500's, I think I'll give those a shot and see how they sound. A lot of reviews say they don't get muddy when you turn up the volume which is a huge plus for me.

I personally went for better cans than the XBs... I have a set of Beyerdynamics.... Even without a headphone amp sounds great.. I am using a Marantz receiver output for it though.... But yea, try out the XBs...

I personally went for better cans than the XBs... I have a set of Beyerdynamics.... Even without a headphone amp sounds great.. I am using a Marantz receiver output for it though.... But yea, try out the XBs...

I'm not too much of an audiophile to need anything better than the 700's lol. (Not saying I can't appreciate a nice set of cans, but I don't listen to enough uncompressed music for me to get the most out of them)

Been wanting to remix for a little bit now but was having trouble trying to find the best method of lowering down the volume of the kicks to match the volume of the bass without using compression (using compression causes the bass to seem quiet then get louder every time there is a bass kick). Finally figured out a method that works great and is easy to do, so you should be seeing more of this stuff from me hopefully lol.

Song peaks at 32hz. Bear in mind there are little 23hz notes here and there so make sure your subsonic is set accordingly.

http://kiwi6.com/file/fyeh706z9c

You better go out and buy u those sony 500s...

It will motivate you to do more editing being able to hear the bass effect right at the pc.

I will when I get some cash lol...the only thing that seems kinda off with this method is the kicks aren't as pronounced on the lower end of them but that isn't too big of a deal

Now that the long weekend is coming up I'll have time to go through and finish a lot of the remixes that I never got around to remastering. Expect some more stuff soon