bassahaulic

I was warned........

To buy extra windshields for the Isuzu, we should have listened.

I don't think it's legal, and not sure if this vehicle is towed or driven, but have you thought about using lexan or bulletproof type glass?

it's 100% not legal, already looked.. Although, i do know that it's also only lightly tinted, about 10-15% darker than a normal windshield...

In my opinion, it would be impossible for an officer to determine you were using illegal windshield unless you were in a wreck so bad that it involved cutting through the windshield to get to you.

I don't see any other way an officer could possibly fine someone for it..

it's 100% not legal, already looked.. Although, i do know that it's also only lightly tinted, about 10-15% darker than a normal windshield...

In my opinion, it would be impossible for an officer to determine you were using illegal windshield unless you were in a wreck so bad that it involved cutting through the windshield to get to you.

Why is it illegal? Cause it's slightly tinted?

Fuck da Police.

Seriously though sounds like something I'd consider, especially since it could improve the score on the meter.

Well, Normal glass has to stay in so we can break it when wanted. And I think have to have glass in Bass Race or Pipo and Tommy would have it already. And the truck never leaves the shop not on a trailer.

Sunroof coming out, stripper pole going in, as well as steel bracing in doors and firewall. But stiffening all that will just make it easier to break windshield.

Edited by bassahaulic

I'm with ya Stefan!

It's illegal because in a scenario where the driver needs to be freed, the windshield will not break free. that's the ONLY reason.

I'm with ya Stefan!

It's illegal because in a scenario where the driver needs to be freed, the windshield will not break free. that's the ONLY reason.

Might be nice for drive-bys too.

Why is it illegal? Cause it's slightly tinted?

It's not DOT approved.

it's not DOT approved because.... well nvm, hehe.

But seriously, can anyone think of a potential reason that they could get finedticketed for having such windshield because i have been unable to?

it's not DOT approved because.... well nvm, hehe.

But seriously, can anyone think of a potential reason that they could get finedticketed for having such windshield because i have been unable to?

Umm, because it's not DOT approved. Simple as that.

Dickhead cops. They are rampant. Simple as that.

Dickhead cops. They are rampant. Simple as that.

H

Holy shit I ninja'd ya on the last part.

That inserted layer of PVB is what allows the glass to absorb energy during an impact and gives the glass resistance to penetration from flying projectiles. It also deflects up to 95 percent of ultraviolet (UV) rays from the sun [source: Reuters]. Laminated glass can break and be punctured, but it will stay intact because of its chemical bond with the PVB.

Laminated windshields also provide strength to a car's roof. Windshields keep the roof from buckling and crashing down on passengers completely during a rollover. Without the rigidity and strength of laminated glass windshields, many roofs would pose greater risks to passengers in certain kinds of accidents.

seems it was the goal, thats the only reason i can see playing it sealed up like that,

it was cool to watch :P

i get why the shop would want to break a shield

seems it was the goal, thats the only reason i can see playing it sealed up like that,

it was cool to watch tongue.png

I get it too, but seems like it would limit any progression?

Yep gotta sell that RF gear.

Playing sealed up like that is about the only way we could break it. So doors open or window down will not do it, which is how we demo.

It's metering frequency doesn't move the windshield hardly any. So the ability to break it doesn't hinder our scores.

Playing sealed up like that is about the only way we could break it. So doors open or window down will not do it, which is how we demo.

It's metering frequency doesn't move the windshield hardly any. So the ability to break it doesn't hinder our scores.

Okay that makes sense.

that was my point.

....oh well, there always will be a weakest point

lovin it , I'd love to have a car thats tearing stuff up .

popcorn2.gif

That was bad ass!!! :slayer:

Adding a second alt, and three more 1/0 runs to the rear to it this week, soon to be followed by 4-6 XS D3100's and removing the sunroof.

crazy!