frogcase2002

what now

alright well i have a zcon 15 in my trunk in 4.5cf tuned around 31,32, ap3000,ho alt. 2 runs of 0 and 2 80ah batts,,, just did 143.2 at 31hz , just trying to see what all i can do to gain dbs without tuning higher cause i really like the lows,, will alot nicer amp help? more batts? what, i know deadening will help, should i just put it on everything thats metal? i did gain over a db with my girl sitting on the trunk so is there a way to make the trunk more sealed or something?

Lots and lots of deadening. I also stuffed foam and carpet in the very back of trunk that had open spaces. I now have two layers of deadener on my trunk everywhere i could get it and it makes a difference. Only other thing i can do at this point is weld the trunk shut. also trunk lid now weighs alot so its hard to open for the wifey so be careful.

I have better numbers firing my subs forward with the trunk sealed from the cabin than I ever have firing them towards the rear or upwards.

You can tune higher and keep the lows. I wouldn't go higher thatn ~35 though. As stated turn the box to fire in the cabin if it's not already. I've seen a few trunk builds with external aeros and the box all the way to the rear of the trunk port towards cabin.

Just have your girlfriend sit on it all the time. Problem solved, extra deebeez gained.

You can tune higher and keep the lows. I wouldn't go higher thatn ~35 though. As stated turn the box to fire in the cabin if it's not already. I've seen a few trunk builds with external aeros and the box all the way to the rear of the trunk port towards cabin.

Everything this^^

I have better numbers firing my subs forward with the trunk sealed from the cabin than I ever have firing them towards the rear or upwards.

Agreed, I already suggested that you do this in another thread.

Agreed, tune a bit higher.

Just have your girlfriend sit on it all the time. Problem solved, extra deebeez gained.

Agreed lol