hondakilla98

magnets came unglued on my hds tweeter. Is it repairable?

I have Scan-Speak Discovery D2608/9130 in mdf rings mounted to my dash and windshield with double sided tape. One of them came off the dash on a hot day. When I picked it up I realized the double magnets aren't glued together anymore. Here are some pics.

20120928_112846.jpg

20120928_112836.jpg

20120928_112731.jpg

20120928_112801.jpg

Can I just clean up the surfaces with some denatured alcohol, apply some CA glue and clamp the magnet back together?

are the magnets still like.. magnetic?

are the magnets still like.. magnetic?

Yes, they cling to each other. But they won't stay lined up. They want to be offset like in the second pic.

It looks like that magnet was added for a little more motor force. You should be able to glue it back together.

Honestly it looks like a bucking magnet for shielding to me, which wouldn't be necessary in a vehicle.

I would be a little more worried about the rear vent no longer being sealed......it looks like the plate on the rear side of the bucking magnet was creating a small sealed chambered.

sir where have you been!!!??? you came, gathered info, then hauled ass.... i feel like your using us :((

j/kin hows that lincoln doing.. when can i see some pics and vids?

sir where have you been!!!??? you came, gathered info, then hauled ass.... i feel like your using us sad.png(

j/kin hows that lincoln doing.. when can i see some pics and vids?

I have a lot of hobbies, and tend to focus on one at a time. When I get burnt out on one of them, I cycle to the next. Lately it's been my garage remodel taking up my time.

I never seem to finish my stereo installs. They are up and running but never completed. I emailed Jacob about the SA8 recones and I'm looking for some fountek fr88ex's to demo in my front stage before I fiberglass my pillars. Here are a couple pics of my garage progress.

Before

1198.jpg

1201.jpg

1202.jpg

And now

20120913_141930.jpg

20120926_184631.jpg

20120925_213844.jpg

Honestly it looks like a bucking magnet for shielding to me, which wouldn't be necessary in a vehicle.

I would be a little more worried about the rear vent no longer being sealed......it looks like the plate on the rear side of the bucking magnet was creating a small sealed chambered.

I'm going to get some glue and clamp it togther. After it's setup, I'll try it out and see how it sounds compared to the other one.

That car is going to be a collectors item before you ever drive it again.

That car is going to be a collectors item before you ever drive it again.

Hey, we both know a neon will never be a collectors item. Unless you're talking about it collecting dust. Lol

That 2nd magnet is for shielding, won't change the T/S too much on or off. But like others have said, it provides the seal for the volume that loads the tweeter. I would try a strong epoxy. Even JB weld. Clean things well first.

wow that garage looks great! im jealous of your work space, i have heard about that neon,