Sencheezy

I want Google Fiber Now

:finger: Kansas! Come to Nashville damn it!

why Kansas city of all places? and i wonder what kind of hardware connection will be needed. i wonder if new lines will needed.

why Kansas city of all places? and i wonder what kind of hardware connection will be needed. i wonder if new lines will needed.

I have no idea why Kansas. They provide the hardware. A reciever for both internet and cable box. The new lines are needed. They are starting from scratch. All new lines. Thats why you need a community effort. Because they run the fiber to the house.

its not kansas..

its Kansas City, Missouri...

Because we're fucking bad ass.

too bad i live where i do, we'll NEVER see that here. looks pretty bad ass though

its not kansas..

Because we're fucking bad ass.

HAHA X2 !!

its not kansas..

Because we're pucking bad ass.

Kansas City Kansas. Bro. Not Kcmo, it is at least a year away before it is offered... To some of the other post, they have been laying fiber optic s throughout Kansas City metro area for the past ten years,

No.. It's KCMO.. That's why Westport got it first,

I have 1gb fiber direct to home here in Japan. The US is way behind on this internet stuff.

I have 1gb fiber direct to home here in Japan. The US is way behind on this internet stuff.

post your speed test results!

Haha, the lower right of the pic-  Faster than 91% of Jonathan Price..  uh uh.. I mean Japan.

That is fast but yea.. US is gay when it comes to the internet.

It's probably mainly due to piracy prevention.. but hey.. We have OnLive now, companies are going to be streaming full 1080p HD non-visually compressed, all 6 kids play xbox 24\7 in some houses.. 

We need that fast ass internet access damnit.

Yeah man, the US is a little behind but Verizon and Google seem to be on the right path with things. I have a huge network, to include accessing a VPN into work back stateside, 2 Xbox 360's, 5 PC's, 4 tablets, etc. Granted everything isn't always sending and receiving all at once, but no problem with speed slowing down. I'm using a really fast router to run everything. Fiber comes out the Japanese side and into my Asus RTN66U router. From there I go into a 1gb switch that makes each room "hot" for 1gb/s access via lan ports.

Lol, the way you worded that, comes out the Japanese side.. 

Made it sound like the whole country's Network infrastructure was created and the Master hardline is ran to your house through this massive Router that distributes bandwidth at a level that's incomprehensible.

Although.. i'd be happy with paying for it if i had the whole country's bandwidth at my fingertips, hehe.

Lol, the way you worded that, comes out the Japanese side.. 

Made it sound like the whole country's Network infrastructure was created and the Master hardline is ran to your house through this massive Router that distributes bandwidth at a level that's incomprehensible.

Although.. i'd be happy with paying for it if i had the whole country's bandwidth at my fingertips, hehe.

Had me laughing on that one bro.

Isn't Kansas one of their HQ??? And I'd like some. Lol

It's a small town, it's low costs on their part. It gives them a chance to test run it, work out any kinks before introducing it to much larger cities. This is coming from a Business/IT student's perspective.