Why is it not an acceptable topic on this forum.

I'm Will by the way.

Welcome to SSA!!!

"Sql" is looked at as silly because once your sub setup reaches a certain loudness sq goes out the window. If you want a loud sub setup that can blend with the front stage when turned down, and get loud enough to "keep up" with the bass, that is what most people consider to be "sql".

Sq and spl are opposite spectrums.

"""SQL""" is looked at as silly because once your sub setup reaches a certain loudness sq goes out the window. If you want a loud sub setup that can blend with the front stage when turned down, and get loud enough to "keep up" with the bass, that is what most people consider to be """SQL""".

So If I wanted to ask about this where would I ask.

""SQL"" is looked at as silly because once your sub setup reaches a certain loudness sq goes out the window. If you want a loud sub setup that can blend with the front stage when turned down, and get loud enough to "keep up" with the bass, that is what most people consider to be ""SQL"".

So If I wanted to ask about this where would I ask.

Right here, or start another thread in general.

Please tell us about that 88 Chevy S10 Extended Cab ...

big 3 upgrade 1/0

1 ad244 alternator

Only stereo part I have now is a cheap kenwood headunit.

I listen to almost anything, (in no particular order) rock, various metal, country, alternative, rap, jazz, swing, orchestra, punk rock (old), dub step, electronica, and reggae.

Edited by William_White

Please tell us about that 88 Chevy S10 Extended Cab ...

big 3 upgrade 1/0

1 ad244 alternator

need any more info?

I'm a Chevy truck Guy ... Is it a daily, street rod, Low rider, 4x4 sky jacker ???

Also, what plans do you have for the "SQ" part ??

currently standard height daily driver, soon to be dropped 3"/4" just waiting on my local parts store to get 3" blocks in.

For the SQ part I haven't figured that out yet I figured I would figure the SPL to get a target for what it has to keep up with.

SQ is not related to output. You can have something be loud and sound good, doesn't mean your ears can tell at those levels. However, to build an SPL box and an SQ box they are at opposite ends of the spectrum (ie peaky or flat). This of course means a term somewhere in between is absolutely stupid.

As for your choices, it's easy.

SSA XCON 18 - Yes

Ascendant Audio Havoc 15 - No, why a BM sub when you are comparing to internet only

Incriminator Audio Death Row 18 - No, I like your other choices better

Fi audio Q18 - No, by your tone so far if you were looking for an Fi, it should be a BL

Dayton Audio HO 18 - No, they've had quality issues on the 15's and my guess is that it follows to the 18's. Plus it really isn't at all comparable to the rest of your list.

Welcome!!! My vote goes for the Xcon!! :D

SQ is not related to output. You can have something be loud and sound good, doesn't mean your ears can tell at those levels. However, to build an SPL box and an SQ box they are at opposite ends of the spectrum (ie peaky or flat). This of course means a term somewhere in between is absolutely stupid.

As for your choices, it's easy.

SSA XCON 18 - Yes

Ascendant Audio Havoc 15 - No, why a BM sub when you are comparing to internet only

Incriminator Audio Death Row 18 - No, I like your other choices better

Fi audio Q18 - No, by your tone so far if you were looking for an Fi, it should be a BL

Dayton Audio HO 18 - No, they've had quality issues on the 15's and my guess is that it follows to the 18's. Plus it really isn't at all comparable to the rest of your list.

I was leaning toward the xcon. Also what's bm sub and why do you say i want the BL not the Q

BM = Brick & Mortor I think. He's referring to the fact you'll pay more for the Havoc because it's a dealer based product than you will for something VERY close to it from an internet only brand like Fi or SSA.

The BL will have more output per watt applied than the Q in almost any scenario. It will still sound fantastic tho and is the better choice for a person who's looking for something that gets loud AND sounds good. There's been several people who've bought the Q's, didn't get the output they were wanting and ended up destroying the sub trying to get to that point when a BL would have sounded just as good and gotten them the output they wanted in the first place. That's basically why the BL is recommended over the Q just about any time someone asks about one over the other.

So his choices now should be BL or Xcon.

Welcome to SSA. Between those two, it is a win win. But, refining the needs of the install a little will help on which is the best choice for you.

my competition is a JL W7 13 and I want to blow this out of the water in Sound Level and Sound Quality.

I listen to Metal, Rock, Country, Reggae, Dubstep, Electronica, Swing, Jazz, Alternative, and a little bit of rap and orchestra.

The XCON would work very well. I love mine.

I listen to a wide range of music as well. After researching for a while I settled on the 18" XCON and I'm going to be running it in a sealed enclosure. After speaking with NEM I was sold!! He gets nothing but compliments on his set up, which is with a sealed enclosure and 18" XCONS.

Now that I have a Sub picked out (XCON). I need help with powering it. What amp should I get, I am totally clueless when it comes to amplifiers except I should get a class d for sub duty. Budget is 350$ but would go up to 400$.