Sign in to follow this  
CharlieP

Single Cab F-150 Speaker Wall? Help

I'm not sure how I could fit a wall in a single cab. It doesn't have a bench seat which makes it more difficult. It's two separate seats with a console. So far I have two 6 inch earthquakes and a 10 inch selenium with a quantum audio equalizer and a 1,000 watt DHD amp. Any advice will help on how to build or what I need. I was thinking two 6's two 10's and two 8's and fabricate the wall in camo and paint the grills orange. I'm not sure if it's possible and if so let me know how. Thanks!

1zebg9t.jpg

What are you trying to accomplish?

If I can fit two 8's two 6's and two 10's in a wall and how. It's difficult because the space behind my seat is limited.

What is your goal with this setup? It sounds like a bad idea to me. Cramming PA speakers behind you is not going to sound very good.

I have a friend that has a single cab but with a bench seat and his whole back glass is a wall of four 8's and two 6's and it sounds decent and loud. My problem is I have a console so there's a gap and my head rest are further up so where would I cram these speakers? In the middle? Is a 1,000 watt 4 channel DHD amp enough to power this? And should I install the EQ? I was looking for someone who had a single cab truck with a wall so I could get some ideas but if it's not a good idea the i'm open to any advice I just don't know where i'd put two 10's two 8's and two 6's at in my single cab other than making a wall.

Edited by CharlieP

This is my buddies truck i'm trying to accomplish something similar

ip5wnn.jpg

Your buddy has subwoofers which are much different than PA speakers.

Yeah I just want a PA wall. I don't know what I need to accomplish it. Lol

It doesn't look like you have enough space for a wall. Maybe think about another route to take. Perhaps separate wedge enclosures behind the seats could work well.

Do a blow thru with the subs in the tool box

He doesn't have or want subs just PA speakers located on a wall behind him.

This is my buddies truck i'm trying to accomplish something similar

ip5wnn.jpg

This truck has a third door, meaning this is an extended cab ... You have a Standard Cab truck. BIG Difference ...

You do not have nowheres the room as this vehicle, regardless of what you want to put behind the seats ...

Anyways ... best of luck with your project !!! I'm tuned in !!!

I've seen it done before i'll have it finished within a month or so.

Here's a single cab wall but poorly done does anyone have advice to BUILD the wall any better with two 6's two 8's and two 10's?

o6z335.jpg

Why do you want to use 6" drivers, 8" drivers, and 10" drivers?

There is no good reason--unless it's aesthetically pleasing to you.

All of that looks and I bet sounds horrible. You need to get out and hear some good setups.

i have the same type of truck as you and dont see any reason to do a wall behind the seat. just try to fit a couple 8's or 10's behind your seat and try to do some custom speakers in your door panels.

All of that looks and I bet sounds horrible. You need to get out and hear some good setups.

i agree. no offense but theres no way i could ever do something like that behind my seat. i would definitely try to go more practical here

Here's a single cab wall but poorly done does anyone have advice to BUILD the wall any better with two 6's two 8's and two 10's?

o6z335.jpg

That doesn't look like a wall to me. It looks like a board with speakers mounted on it sitting on the back of the rear seats and leaning against the rear window. You do not want to do what is pictured there. Pretend you never saw that picture. And if that's another friend's setup, don't take any advice from them or follow in their footsteps.

You don't have enough room to do a true "wall" in your truck in the sense it's typically used in car audio. Your plan for a "wall" of PA speakers behind you isn't very good either unless your idea of "sounding good" is simply loud and without any regard to actual reproduction of the music.

It's a poor setup but it's decent to me. It's loud and clear. I didn't wanna ruin my doors and put speakers in them when I haven't even finished my payments but it seems like making a wall isn't a good idea so I guess i'll find something else.

It's a poor setup but it's decent to me. It's loud and clear. I didn't wanna ruin my doors and put speakers in them when I haven't even finished my payments but it seems like making a wall isn't a good idea so I guess i'll find something else.

Why do you think you have to ruin the doors to install better speakers? That doesn't make any sense to me. I've done many installs for people that when complete looked just like stock and quite a few were returned to stock when they decided to sell/trade the vehicle with no (or little and hidden) permanent damage.

If you're wanting a better sounding stereo system there's MANY ways to go about it that don't involve tearing up the vehicle. A little sound deadening, a decent set of components, a sub or two and a decent amp to run it all can go a LONG way to sounding great without causing permanent damage to the vehicle just to install it.

Wear headphones.

Aren't there speakers in the doors already.Put in better ones and a amp.