tac2137

What guage wire should i use for Two JL audio 12w6 and a headunit for

Right now im slowly building my system and so far i have Two 12w6 and a JL audio 1000/1v2 amp. Id like to know what guage wire i should use and if anyone had any advice on a good headunit for the subs

Your only going to be able to wire those subs to 4ohms. Your amp isnt stable to 1 ohm. So at this point youll only be driving them with 250w each. Which is OK. Your a bit vague on your wiring question. But for power and ground you should use 4awg. 12 awg will be fine for the speaker wires, 10 if you want.

As for the headunit, well you need to research what kind of features you want. For the subs, you want a sub output.

Not to be mean, but you really should research alot more before even attempting this. Learn how the audio system and all its components work and work together.

W6's are dual 4. And the slash series provide the same power from 1.5-4 ohm.

Not to be mean but you should really do a little research before trying to help others out.

Edited by Quentin Jarrell

So youd tell him to go ahead and wire that to 1 ohm? ...

Cant edit on mobile. Too much coffee not enough sleep. I did my research, just didnt register when i read the stable output over the range.

The point is still necessary that more research is Needed.

Two dual 4 ohm speakers = 4 ohm.

Exactly and at 4ohm that amp outputs 1000w.

Not sure if you are referring to power gauge wire or speaker wire. Both somewhat depend on the length of the cable as longer runs need more juice. I'd use a minimum of 4ga on the power/ground and 14ga for the speaker. Max 1/0 and 12ga and most likely that is overkill.