Sign in to follow this  
Dangercdv

Sundown SA12 Boxes help

2 SA12s, ported to about 30-33hz, whatever you think is best.

I would like two seperate optimal boxes to go in the back of a Dodge Charger, with 1200rms.

Im looking for decent SQ (at least at low volumes) but mainly SPL

I was reading your topic about what setup to choose. What Im going to do for my 2 12 setup is drop seats down and slide a box in through the cabin into the trunk. Doing this for me at least made it so I had more depth because the trunk opening wudnt allow me to yet a good box on there.

This should allow you to get more depth and still keep width. Note that I am going to have the port and subs front firing sealed off.

Edit. Just build one box. It will be easier and less work. Also it will save a lot of room since you don't have as many side walls.

Edited by tbPerez

Ask Ryan at RAM Design. Or DC something

They are both members here.

Yes ask them! Also go to Ryan's website and he explains why a custom box is beutter that those shitty prefabs.

http://www.ram-designs.com/info.php

lol....thanks for the mention on that one eek5wavey.gif

Thanks for the help, one thing tho is im not good at making boxes. Id MUCH rather buy a box (custom or otherwise)

If its that big of a deal il use one box. Im not looking for 100% efficiency but just allot more than I have now. (2 CVR 10s on 500 or 600 rms)

It's really not that hard at all. Jus need a T square (only like $15) circular saw, some clamps, drill and some patience and you will be good to go.

I'm going to be building a box soon. I can make a vid and take a bunch of pics for you if you'd like. I can show pretty much how to build the box.

This will save you so much money and it's pretty fun. Also you will get better as you go.

Edited by tbPerez

I was very happy with Ryan, got back to me fast, answered all my questions and box sounded amazing!

Iv built a box before with allot of help and it was decent. It was sealed and rather small tho. Not my fave thing to do, id rather buy... is there an optimal box for me to buy?

Not really a prefab. Go to an audio shop and have them build you one then. Take in a design.from someone on here so they don't f*ck you over.

Lol okay, im good at designing boxes, just not building them. I could build a nice design then get somebody to build it?

I was just hoping to find a good prefab. Whats a good box building site thats free? I lost my link

Click the link in post #4. Ryan explains why prefabs are shit. To actually design I don't really know. I have used the Torres calc to get an idea and ask someone and give then all the info I got so it was easier for them. I know a lot of people use Google sketch up to create a 3D model of the box.

there was a site iv used before, its online and free. It would be allot of help if I could find it, thanks tho.

I will probly get my friends and myself to end up building a box instead of buying one.

Are you talking about RE calculator?

http://www.reaudio.com/box.php

It isn't super accurate but it's ballpark. I'd rather use Torres box calculator. It's a free download.

There is also WinISD which is a free modeling download as well.

that was what I was looking for, thanks.

Il do my best with a custom box I guess. Thanks for the help

Dont use the re calc. it's not that accurate. Use torres if anything. Also you can have others design a box for you as well.