Dangercdv

New rear speakers

2000 Mustang Convertible, rear 5.25 speakers dont really work anymore since the car has been redone with new audio.

I need new budget 5.25 speakers (or even a large tweeter) that I can replace them with.

Pretty pointless to even have rears in that car.

Not the answer im looking for, please just recomend a cheap 5.25 or something i can replace the nearly non working speaker with.

I had the same problem with my front 5x7 speakers and replaced them and it is SO much better,

Then just buy a working speaker, any working speaker would be much better than a blown speaker. M5 is correct, installing rears in that car is pointless.

Will it matter if I get a 2 inch tweeter to put in the 5.25 hole?

As long as i secure it enough that its not rolling around will it still sound good?

Yes it will matter. What do you want to spend. I will recommend a nice 5.25" set for you

A kicker KS series at my local best buy for $60.

Show me something a better price AND quality and il go for it

Seems like you have your mind made up. If you like the price and the availability of those kickers go for it

you know, in my Cadillac I had a set of components in the rear and it sounded amazing. love the sound of it much more than my Hummer that only has a set in the front. when I overhaul my system in there yet again I will be putting a nice set of comps in the back. they will only be getting half the power of my front stage, but I do like having rear fill. I know I like having sound coming at me from all sides, humans don't hear uni-directional. that's just me though and my preference.

My mind is certainly not made up. Theres not many options where i am and thats the only one just about. Im looking for any deals online for half price that will make me just as happy

you know, in my Cadillac I had a set of components in the rear and it sounded amazing. love the sound of it much more than my Hummer that only has a set in the front. when I overhaul my system in there yet again I will be putting a nice set of comps in the back. they will only be getting half the power of my front stage, but I do like having rear fill. I know I like having sound coming at me from all sides, humans don't hear uni-directional. that's just me though and my preference.

That has nothing to do with anything. And yes humans hear direction.

Rears are only good when the rest sucks.

OP, not to be an @ss, but how do we know what you'll be happy with and why do you expect to pay $30 and get great sounding speakers?

I get what your saying, but the point is to get MORE sound, i have tweeters back there already, I just wanna replace the big void where I might as well fill it in.

I dont care for crystal clear or perfect bass, i ahve everything, i just want MORE sound

thanks but im actually looking for more high than low, I have two subs in the back that drown out the front bass.

My front speakers provied some bass but I dont even care about it, i just want more highs than anything now, thats what im looking for. Thats why I wanted to know If i could just hook up a tweeter with the same wires... its cheaper and more along the lines of what I want. Why would this be a problem?

ALSO, I need something with a bit of RMS, the stock amps are old but will still pump, so I need each speaker at least 50rms or my car will destroy it.

Edited by Dangercdv

I doubt you will hear tweeters over the subs if placed in the rear, that is if you cant hear your front door speakers already. Just replace the speakers in the front doors with better speakers and amp them if you dont have an amp on them yet.

okay, let me rephrase that... the bass in the trunk doesnt drown out my speakers, it only drowns out the "bass" produced by my 5x7s (the only non-tweeters hooked up)

My car shakes and moves some air so I dont feel its bass, but I hear the sound very clearly, i just want MORE of it.

I could care less about adding more bass to the car, thats taking care of, i want some high notes now.

What is wrong with putting a tweeter back there?

the best way to get more sound is to amplify something. to get louder and more sound is as easy as replacing the speakers in the front with a nice set of component speakers and get a good amp on them. even though you have the "mach audio" system and it has a factory amp, that amp puts out no more power than a normal alpine, kenwood, or pioneer headunit.

okay, let me make this clear for everyone. I am done amplifing my system, im done upgrading, im done with all the bass and electrical...

I JUST WANT TO REPLACE MY 5.25 BROKEN REAR SPEAKERS WITH SOMETHING, that is all.

YES, i understand the benifits of amping a new componet set, yes I understand why rear speakers arent that useful.

I like the way the tweeters are back there and want more sound other than my 4 current tweeters and 2 5x7 speakers. My system is very loud, no doubt there, i would just like a little more without any upgrades, once again, just tell me what I can put there to fill that 5.25 gap. whats wrong with a tweeter? Its covered by a grill so nobody will ever know.

if your not going to take anybody advice and you just have your mind stuck on what you want to do then just go ahead and do it. placing a lot of tweeters in your vehicle is a bad idea because I doubt that you have any processing on them to eliminate any frequencies that can be bad to them also tweeters aren't meant to play in the range that i'm thinking you want them to play. i'm sure the tweeters that you have and are looking at aren't designed to play in the 1khz range, but since you don't have a x-over or anything like that on them they are distorting like shit and screeching like crazy, like nails on a chalk board. I have 2 sets of tweeters in my Hummer with a good set of mids with a HELL OF ALOT BIGGER sub stage than yours and it's just about right. having what you have for a sub stage, a good set of components and a nice amp that runs around 75rms or so would sound great with aproperly set up system

okay so il get the kicker 5.25 then so its mids and highs...

I will take advice its just that iv already done so much im just trying to cheaply replace my rear speakers, im not going overkill, its not even a needed thing i just would like to enjoy a bit more sound. I dont want the "best sounding" car, i just want a loud one, and its doign good where it is but id like to fill in that hole of a speaker in the rear.

Edited by Dangercdv

I think getting a 2 way coaxial speaker like the kickers would be a lot better option than putting a set of tweeters back there

It'll give you as much less as more, but go ahead you've obviously already made up your mind.