TheGreatMonkey

Which subs would you choose

So, i've downed to 3 subs, IA Death Penalty 12", SSA Xcon 12" or Fi BL 12". Will be getting 2 subs. The amp that will be powering them will be the Crescendo Audio BC3500D. Max box size is 52x24x17. I listen to pretty much anything but mainly rap and hard rock. If theres something else I forgot to mention let me know.

I have heard the bl and it's a great sub and sounded really good. I can't say anythin for the death penalty but I did have the ia warden and was very nice sub. I do have some zcons on the way soon. I've never heard a bad thing about any of the SSA subs. I really don't think you can go wrong with any of the the 3.

I've had 2 xcons, and Ive had 1 bl. Personally I liked the bl ported better, the xcons sound great sealed, also pretty good ported. But my vote would be bl's

I do the believe the xcons have been heavily upgraded as of late. But I've heard nothing but great things of the BL. In concerns of CS, it would be the xcon for sure.

I'm biased... xcon! But bl gets great reviews!!!

I do the believe the xcons have been heavily upgraded as of late. But I've heard nothing but great things of the BL. In concerns of CS, it would be the xcon for sure.

Have you dealt with IA customer service? Their top notch as well.

OP you cant go wrong with any of the listed subs, its hard to pick a subwoofer for someone else since everybody has different needs and preferences.

Yes as jay put it all three brands are top notch, which sometimes makes the decision three times harder.

my also biased vote would be the xcons

I've owned a Bl and several XCONs, and they are both very good subs. I'm sure the IA would be up there too, but I don't have any first hand experience. You have done a good job narrowing down your options, now the hard part will be to pick one. I vote XCON though.

sweettt

After looking at all 3 and watching some videos and that, I've decided to go with the Xcon.

:winning:

Yes as jay put it all three brands are top notch, which sometimes makes the decision three times harder.

Edited by Aaron Clinton
removed spam link

After looking at all 3 and watching some videos and that, I've decided to go with the Xcon.

:Doh:

Picking a sub because of youtube videos is ridiculous but to each its own. Enjoy the Xcon

i had the same problem but i also chose the xcon...

just cant wait for it to get here..

the xcons sound great sealed, also pretty good ported. But my vote would be bl'sa128.jpg