Sign in to follow this  

Remote wire issue

Ok so when its warm out my amp turns on just fine... Now that its been cold out my amp doesnt turn on.. No prot. Light. No lights at all.. The HU remote wire is reading less than 1 volt... I hooked up the remote wire to the red wire on the cd player... The amp turned on but it was making weird noises when I turned the car off.... Is the remote wire on the HU goin out?

Try wiring the amp remote to a different 12v source and see if it acts normal.

How many amplifiers do you have?

I tried hooking it straight to the battery and it made a loud noise from the subs lol so I unhooked it quick...

Only 1 amp..

I tried hooking it straight to the battery and it made a loud noise from the subs lol so I unhooked it quick...

Only 1 amp..

A popping noise from the subs is normal because it instantly turns on the amp were as a deck has a soft turn on so it doesn't pop.

Lol the noise is constant... Its more than a pop. Its actual bass from the subs like a constant 50hz tone.

Its not like a full tilt burp but like half way up...

I have a cd player in my other civic im gonna try...

Edited by 16K

I was going to suggest you try it in a different vehicle. The amp shouldn't act weird just being wired to the battery, which makes me wonder if maybe the amp didn't have a problem which took out the remote wire on the CD player as well.

You have a signal issue.

Run another audio source to the amp and see if it still does it.

Kinda hard when the subs I have are in the wall and all 6 batts are together lol..

I just went out and the amp would keep turning on and off like 5 times..a minute inbetween... Then it finally stayed on for good.. its 25* here so not sure if weather has anything to do with it..

You have a signal issue.

What do u mean another audio source?

You have a signal issue.

What do u mean another audio source?

Try an iPod or your phone.

Well im running off a usb hd... I went out to try a cd or my phone and ofcourse the amp kicked right on and stayed on... Like I said it works sometimes and sometimes it doesnt...its random lol

Well im running off a usb hd... I went out to try a cd or my phone and ofcourse the amp kicked right on and stayed on... Like I said it works sometimes and sometimes it doesnt...its random lol

Connect your phone or ipod directly to the amp.

Connect your phone or ipod directly to the amp.

How?

They make headphone jack to RCA adapters.

Its pretty sure it doesnt have anything to do with rca cables... I Went out and unplugged them and the amp stayed on.. then while they were unplugged for a min the amp turned off and kicked back on... Im sure it has to do with the hu... Its weird that the remote wire will read 12v sometimes then .5 other times...and thats with the amp unhooked reading from the HU remote wire

Edited by 16K

Bypass the hu completely. From the amp straight to the battery, and straight to your phone.

the rca cables is to test your humming issue