alain

crescendo ft1

Hey swift, hehe, where in the hell did you find a product that can highpass 12-15khz and up?

I didn't know there were processors out there that went that high unless it's completely computer controlled and i've just never read specs.

The Pioneer DEX-P99RS has 4 way capability and can do it. My 80prs is acting goofy, I may upgrade.

The main reason for me actually adding them isnt necessarily because the horns arent doing what I want. I just want to add tweeters to my doors and the only way to blend it will be to cross them super high and cut off the horns up higher where they arent as efficient. I have noticed if both doors are open and I am demoing or at a event then the horns under the dash dont do whats needed outside.

So I want the ability to play music at a large event and have full sound coming straight off the doors. Each door is getting 3 8in Crescendos and 2 Ft1's. I want alot of flexibility at my fingertips for different situations. Large 4th of July party, no problem, turn the horns down, and go much wider on the 8's and FT1's. But daily and normal demos the FT1's will only do very high end duties and the horns will be my main source from 1k+

Sorry OP for any derailment.

You can do that with just the horns, though.

Maybe it's my ears, but my front stage is brutally loud.

It can run you out of the car at low volumes..and you can hear me coming from blocks away(I don't blast music in residential areas)

I couldnt have described it better its the sparkle up high that I can't go with out and douth the horn could supply my needs.

I couldnt have described it better its the sparkle up high that I can't go with out and douth the horn could supply my needs.

And you also thought that supertweeters were a reasonable solution.

EQ is your friend. There is no need to supplement. In particular at high volumes you won't even hear up where the "sparkle" is.

Stop believing all the brainwash nonsense you've read elsewhere and open your mind and ears. They will thank you later.

That's where you are wrong. They do everything you want, my reasonings are alittle different. Trust me, people can't believe when I tell them no tweeters are in my truck right now. You need to hear some to understand

What do you think they use at loud live shows? If you answer horn loaded compression driver you'd be right.

If you need top end sparkle, you can EQ for that.

Are you using any processing?

M5, are the ID drivers better than the stuff from b&c and other brands?

I bought my full bodies with de500 drivers, but was always curious about the ID drivers.

I bought my full bodies with de500 drivers, but was always curious about the ID drivers.

Pretty sure ID has always rebadged their compression drivers. I believe they claim slight modifications were made to them, but on the whole I'd expect them to perform nearly identically to the original product.

Definitely just rebadged, I seriously doubt they could afford to tweak anything. Either way, best is subjective. Every driver is different. For the application at hand though a reasonable frequency response with the capability to play low is what is required. The beauty of the compression driver is ridiculous sensitivity compared to non-loaded configurations. Pretty much making other alignments useless paired with it as well. Obviously it'd be great to load up the whole frequency range and not just the mid/tweet, but space is what you run out of then. This is exactly why adding the morel tweet is absurd. Assuming you choose a driver that can play low enough to make with a pro-audio midbass also alleviates the need for two different sized cone drivers as well.

To get the same performance with a super tweet you'd have to run a very complicated 4 way front stage instead of just a two way. If there were NO space considerations perhaps you could do it as a three way, but in most cars that isn't happening. At the same time, if you can run the horn confusing the setup with other drivers will not improve the sound or the output, but just muddle the response into a mess that is not fun to try and eq into something worth a shit.

I like this topic. I wish my local car audio friends could read English !

Here, like in Fl, and South America, people love screaming sound ! Caribbeans love to run lots of speakers in their cars, they love bass but they focus more on highs & mids.

I guess SXM is like Martinique on this point, Alain (from SXM).

Bonne chance, et j'espère pouvoir écouter ta voiture un de ces jours. :)

@///M5 the only reason I was considering a pair of 8 and a 10 is that the 8 are louder off axis than the 10. That's close up over 15 feet away then the 10 take over. So installing the 10 in the door aiming is important were the 8 are more forgiving. But tuning Is difficult that's why I've decided to go with the 10s. I just hope that those horn are gonna be able to keep up with those 10's.

@ notorious from f.w.I salut mon frere

I was considering a pair of 8 and a 10 is that the 8 are louder off axis than the 10.

The roll off will be less sure, but I think you are extrapolating things again that don't really relate to what is happening.

That's close up over 15 feet away then the 10 take over.

Holy hell, how big is your car? I really don't understand the whole statement...

I like this topic. I wish my local car audio friends could read English !

Here, like in Fl, and South America, people love screaming sound ! Caribbeans love to run lots of speakers in their cars, they love bass but they focus more on highs & mids.

I guess SXM is like Martinique on this point, Alain (from SXM).

Bonne chance, et j'espère pouvoir écouter ta voiture un de ces jours. smile.png

It's really is a caribbean thing.

Lot of hispanic folk have setups like this

DSC01416.jpg

They sound awful, but they're just meant to be concerts on wheels.

Sorry for hijacking, OP.

That's where you are wrong. They do everything you want, my reasonings are alittle different. Trust me, people can't believe when I tell them no tweeters are in my truck right now. You need to hear some to understand

I've heard them and understand that you guys need to listen to this man. I was surprised myself to hear them keeping up and sounding that good.

I plan on doing 4 6.5's in my front and back along with 4 FT1's in each front door. Overkill I know, but I am thinking outside the box.

Sorry for not explaining but i play with doors open and judge from outside that's why we run p.a speakers.

Sorry for not explaining but i play with doors open and judge from outside that's why we run p.a speakers.

Then you should build boxes you pull out of your car. Absolutely stupid to put anything in your doors or under your dash. And NO you still won't run bullets.

I've heard them and understand that you guys need to listen to this man. I was surprised myself to hear them keeping up and sounding that good.

I plan on doing 4 6.5's in my front and back along with 4 FT1's in each front door. Overkill I know, but I am thinking outside the box.

You quoted someone using horns NOT supertweets. Ft1's are stupid without doing a multi-way front stage and if you think differently you have regrettably never heard a good sounding setup.

I've heard them and understand that you guys need to listen to this man. I was surprised myself to hear them keeping up and sounding that good. I plan on doing 4 6.5's in my front and back along with 4 FT1's in each front door. Overkill I know, but I am thinking outside the box.
You quoted someone using horns NOT supertweets. Ft1's are stupid without doing a multi-way front stage and if you think differently you have regrettably never heard a good sounding setup.

Well, I've also regrettably never said I was copying him. I simply added a statement on what I planned on doing myself after making a statement on how his setup sounded currently. I don't doubt supertweets sound better at all. I am just saying don't say that horns sound like crap because this is what you've "heard" from other people until you hear them yourself. I apologize for any misleading information you may have gotten from that. I personally am not going for the end all SQ system with 4 18"s either though. I can agree that each serve their own purpose and would understand running both at separate times depending on the occasion.

I've heard them and understand that you guys need to listen to this man. I was surprised myself to hear them keeping up and sounding that good. I plan on doing 4 6.5's in my front and back along with 4 FT1's in each front door. Overkill I know, but I am thinking outside the box.

Well, I've also regrettably never said I was copying him. I simply added a statement on what I planned on doing myself after making a statement on how his setup sounded currently. I don't doubt supertweets sound better at all. I am just saying don't say that horns sound like crap because this is what you've "heard" from other people until you hear them yourself. I apologize for any misleading information you may have gotten from that. I personally am not going for the end all SQ system with 4 18"s either though. I can agree that each serve their own purpose and would understand running both at separate times depending on the occasion.

Ugh, backwards again.

Supertweets = crap in a 2 way

Horns = loud as hell and sound good in a 2 way

Only purpose supertweets have is to curdle your ears.

And no one EVER thought this was a conversation about SQ.

Ugh, backwards again. Supertweets = crap in a 2 way Horns = loud as hell and sound good in a 2 way Only purpose supertweets have is to curdle your ears. And no one EVER thought this was a conversation about SQ.

Understood, not about sound quality between the two. I was always under the assumption that horns cross better anyways. So it was under my assumption they would sound better. I'm glad you clarified. Thanks!

No worries. Your state that you are going to use FT1's which are not horns. That plan is terrible. Get some horns, it'll be plenty loud and sound way better.

There is really almost no place in car audio for supertweets. They seriously fit a VERY small niche that includes absurdity at all levels. Do yourself some simple math and calculate the required midrange to keep up and then the midbass. You'll find you rapidly run out of space for the cone area required. And then when you look at the frequency response and what drivers will be required to do this you'll see that it is not possible in a 2 way. Funny since it is so much easier with a horn.