Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Thanks! How you doing dude? Been spending a lot of time shooting, loading, and working. Looking forward to varmint hunting coming up!

Been real well! When you dropped off the map I got worried you danced with the men in blue uniform.

Got close. I had to pull back. Lots of shaking down amongst my friends. Fortunately my name was low key enough that I am OK. It pays to keep your network tiny.

Miss me??

huh2.gif

You are the reason I stopped back here, Mikey!

I will take that!!!

Well my car is driveable again. Far from complete, but the rest doesn't require having the seats out.

Not that they take that much time to pull, it just doesn't feel like a car when they aren't in.

I do need a plug and of course last week the Rat Shack right by my house closed. I could cut the plug off the DC power supply I have for the pc in the house but thought that may come in handy later.

I have an LG Onstar/Handsfree package in the truck. Can I just remove it without ill effects? I'd like the real estate.

LG 20829984

Seth - any idea if my truck will complain if I take out the brain? I gutted the rest of the stereo today and figure that won't do anything for me so I'd yank it and use the space for something else if I could.

Pretty!

DSCN3013_zpsaonufvux.jpg

300 yards, working on a load. Roughly .6 MOA

DSCN3007_zps2wr3c22f.jpg

Not too bad. That is still taking the head off a woodchuck at 300 yards. These are hunting bullets (55 grain Hornaday V-Max), so not necessarily the best round for good groups. Looks OK. But wait...

DSCN3006_zpsugc7v2bm.jpg

Now we're talking. That is 5 shots at 300 yards, in .24", or under .1 MOA. That is an eyeball at 300 yards, with a hunting round! Each square you see is 1 inch square, for perspective.

Next I am going to work on some serious long range paper loads. I want to run 68-75Gr BTHP Matchkings. Not good for hunting, but I am hoping for better than .1 MOA at 5-600 yards with a .22 cal bullet.

Lordy lordy, that is one pretty rifle and even better shooting.

You gon tattoo some dicks on him huh?

I sneak one in on EVERYBODY'S tattoo! Would have to do multiple for Mikey though. smile.png
You realize I am double checking mine now right?

LOL

2 words, Pete Johnson. If he is involved, the stick is likely amazing. I have been plowing through his stogies lately. I don't smoke much, so it is taking a while. He does My Father, Tatuaje, L'Atelier... Best sticks IMO are L'Atelier Surrogates "Tramp Stamp", and Tatuaje Black Label. They are both around $8 a stick, and worth 3X the money. I can say I like both better than Padron 1926 #9. They are no Fuente/Fuente Opus X Lost City (my favorite stick), but they are fantastic. Pete blends a little heavy on the pepper, but the flavor is so nice and complex. I have tried almost all the L'Atelier sticks and like them all, same with the Tatuaje, although the Tat sticks do like to be a tiny bit too heavy on the pepper for an every day for me... I am getting ready to start on the My Father sticks.

Tonight's stick (I have to show off my nice stick Humi, too. Well over a grand in that hunk of Cedar.)

temp-1107460533_zpswqqppqos.jpg

Oliva Serie V Melanio double perfecto. Cigar Aficionado's #1 cigar of 2014. It is proof that CA is all about advertising dollars. With this boring stick besting many Pete Johnson, Fuente, Ashton, Davidoff, and Padron offerings, there is no question. Granted, it is not a bad stick, but it is nothing special, and certainly not worth the $15 retail on it. It is very monotonous, no complexity, no change, no depth... It was simply an OK, creamy stogie from head to cap.

I still just like my Cain Daytona in 660....

Sometimes I mix it up with a Spellbound or something special from diamond crown...... But the Cain Daytona and Cain F1 are still my go to sticks.

My only complaint is that one in 10-15 are not rolled well at the cap and air doesn't pull through easily. That's particularly annoying in the winter when it's hard enough to keep it lit. During the summer, I don't care. Small price to pay for the low price and really great long flavor.

You got too fancy for me Seth.

Still nursing that Pinot finish here too.

:)

Also glad you didn't go to jail. I didn't know that was on your radar even.

Girls and cola will always catch up with ya.

I sneak one in on EVERYBODY'S tattoo! Would have to do multiple for Mikey though. :)

LOL

2 words, Pete Johnson. If he is involved, the stick is likely amazing. I have been plowing through his stogies lately. I don't smoke much, so it is taking a while. He does My Father, Tatuaje, L'Atelier... Best sticks IMO are L'Atelier Surrogates "Tramp Stamp", and Tatuaje Black Label. They are both around $8 a stick, and worth 3X the money. I can say I like both better than Padron 1926 #9. They are no Fuente/Fuente Opus X Lost City (my favorite stick), but they are fantastic. Pete blends a little heavy on the pepper, but the flavor is so nice and complex. I have tried almost all the L'Atelier sticks and like them all, same with the Tatuaje, although the Tat sticks do like to be a tiny bit too heavy on the pepper for an every day for me... I am getting ready to start on the My Father sticks.

Tonight's stick (I have to show off my nice stick Humi, too. Well over a grand in that hunk of Cedar.)temp-1107460533_zpswqqppqos.jpg

Oliva Serie V Melanio double perfecto. Cigar Aficionado's #1 cigar of 2014. It is proof that CA is all about advertising dollars. With this boring stick besting many Pete Johnson, Fuente, Ashton, Davidoff, and Padron offerings, there is no question. Granted, it is not a bad stick, but it is nothing special, and certainly not worth the $15 retail on it. It is very monotonous, no complexity, no change, no depth... It was simply an OK, creamy stogie from head to cap.

I still just like my Cain Daytona in 660....

Sometimes I mix it up with a Spellbound or something special from diamond crown...... But the Cain Daytona and Cain F1 are still my go to sticks.

My only complaint is that one in 10-15 are not rolled well at the cap and air doesn't pull through easily. That's particularly annoying in the winter when it's hard enough to keep it lit. During the summer, I don't care. Small price to pay for the low price and really great long flavor.

You got too fancy for me Seth.

Still nursing that Pinot finish here too.

:)

Good sticks and nice humi seth. Get rid of the sponge humidifier tjo. Go with the gel beads bro bovida or humi care. Keeps the humidor more stable.

Glad to see ya back, away from john q law, and great grouping on one awesome rifle.

And i too am still nursing the pinot.

J

And :Doh: since I didn't shop that means I have a bigger power wire than ground :P

What size and how many ft do you need for the ground?J
All good, it is ran. Overkill for what I'll use anyways, just not even overkill LOL

Right on. Just thought I should ask.

J

I sneak one in on EVERYBODY'S tattoo! Would have to do multiple for Mikey though. smile.png

LOL

I knew you would be checking after I wrote that. I think I did little flying vagina's in yours too!!

Pretty!

DSCN3013_zpsaonufvux.jpg

300 yards, working on a load. Roughly .6 MOA

DSCN3007_zps2wr3c22f.jpg

Not too bad. That is still taking the head off a woodchuck at 300 yards. These are hunting bullets (55 grain Hornaday V-Max), so not necessarily the best round for good groups. Looks OK. But wait...

DSCN3006_zpsugc7v2bm.jpg

Now we're talking. That is 5 shots at 300 yards, in .24", or under .1 MOA. That is an eyeball at 300 yards, with a hunting round! Each square you see is 1 inch square, for perspective.

Next I am going to work on some serious long range paper loads. I want to run 68-75Gr BTHP Matchkings. Not good for hunting, but I am hoping for better than .1 MOA at 5-600 yards with a .22 cal bullet.

Only God, guns and ammo can save America now!

Good to see your alive and kicking Seth! 

I can't think of a better pan to deep fry proteins in than cast iron. It might even be an unwritten law.

I had been enrolled in the Kauai coffee club last year. (gift from the W). It is great that the beans are grown in Hawaii and are the only one's grown on American soil. But at best the coffee was medium roast and varying degrees of freshness. I am talking pre-ground coffee here. Having owned a coffee grinder for years, but had gotten away from using it out of laziness I guess. To lazy to track down the beans that is.

So I asked her to see if she could find a club that sends fresh roasted beans. Found this one that claims the beans are sent within days of roasting. Each sent from a different roaster. 

http://www.citizenbean.com/

And Doh.gif since I didn't shop that means I have a bigger power wire than ground tongue.png

All good, it is ran. Overkill for what I'll use anyways, just not even overkill LOL

Right on. Just thought I should ask.

J

Thanks. Just glad it is done. I don't particularly like pulling wires.

I can't think of a better pan to deep fry proteins in than cast iron. It might even be an unwritten law.

Fact. smile.png

Deep frying you want the "capacitive" effect as temperature changes are bad.

I had been enrolled in the Kauai coffee club last year. (gift from the W). It is great that the beans are grown in Hawaii and are the only one's grown on American soil. But at best the coffee was medium roast and varying degrees of freshness. I am talking pre-ground coffee here. Having owned a coffee grinder for years, but had gotten away from using it out of laziness I guess. To lazy to track down the beans that is.

So I asked her to see if she could find a club that sends fresh roasted beans. Found this one that claims the beans are sent within days of roasting. Each sent from a different roaster. 

http://www.citizenbean.com/

Looks much better

Very nice Seth.

Glad you have come back to visit.

Hey Neal! Hope you are doing well! I am planning on grabbing some of Paradigm's newest offerings the Reference 85 or 95F. I want to pair it with the Anthem MRX510. Saving my play money, hoping to have the flow by next spring.

That is an awesome combo! Anthem power is amazing! 

I sneak one in on EVERYBODY'S tattoo! Would have to do multiple for Mikey though. :)

LOL

I knew you would be checking after I wrote that. I think I did little flying vagina's in yours too!!

Lol nice.

J

And :Doh: since I didn't shop that means I have a bigger power wire than ground :P

Right on. Just thought I should ask.J
Thanks. Just glad it is done. I don't particularly like pulling wires.

Sure thing. If you end up needing it, PM me.

J

Do any of you know of a solid Porsche forum?

Or a forum with a super awesome sub forum.

I think I want to build some crazy race car, and Porsche is the dream in general. I want to see if it's possible.

Sean turned me into Panteras also, but I'm not sure I'm up for that much work.