Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I got 4 hours sleep last night.  Woke up and went right to work on Lincoln number 3.  Worked on it all day, showered, cooked dinner, called my son, cut my hair, showered again, and tried to relax.  I could not relax, so I got up and started a bunch of laundry and cleaning.  Finally got a bit tired.  Laid down, and bam, wide fucking awake.  Finally started to drift off and I hear some banging downstairs.  I grab the flashlight and run downstairs and don't see anything, so I go back upstairs, shut my music off and just lie there and listen.  10 minutes later I hear the noises again, so I creep downstairs again sans flashlight.  Again, the noise stops.  I have come to the conclusion there is a rodent in my basement somewhere.  I searched outside and found a broken basement window and part of the glass lying on the ground, so that is the point of entry.  Motherfucker.

Time to get a boxtrap.

Somebody trying to break into your home? Time to get a Doberman

I actually want a Dobe, but they are out of my budget.

Look for a rescue organization. They may be able to help you find one. Hell troll the Crigslist animals section.

J

The new amp vendor looks promising as they are honest. No Sundown hate....Skar still sucks.

ah, same stuff then. The new amps sound like they are pretty beastly units. I was looking for a price list somewhere, but couldn't find one though.
Just more shit thrown at the masses.

The new amp vendor looks promising as they are honest. No Sundown hate....Skar still sucks.

Meh, another company bringing nothing new or filling any niche in the market.....just bringing more rebadged product to the market from overseas. Doesn't seem to really know or understand anything about his product beyond what the build house told him. Pulled a Kevin with his "these are underrated" nonsense when they've never been tested as such. Sure, seems like a nice guy and I can appreciate his enthusiasm. But naive and really no need to be in the market.

I'm just old and crabby, but really the market is so flooded with these types of companies that I see little to be impressed with in any of them. It takes nothing but capital to order product from Asia. No knowledge, no defined niche to fill, no product differentiation. Just money and the ability to order from a menu.

Just wait till. I get my 5k amps with 500 watts rms screen printed on them. They gonna be so under rated I'm gonna be able to get $1,300 for them.

That's why I said it didn't sound like they would last long here.

It takes nothing but capital to order product from Asia. No knowledge, no defined niche to fill, no product differentiation. Just money and the ability to order from a menu.

That's the truth...nobody does anything special. 

J - find a Nordstrom Rack. Boss/Armani/RL etc and such go for $300-400 there versus $800-1000 in the main store. Same suit too, usually just last years.

I forgot about the rack. Really good place. I just cannot find boss or Armani in my size.

Sounds perfect.

J

It takes nothing but capital to order product from Asia. No knowledge, no defined niche to fill, no product differentiation. Just money and the ability to order from a menu.

That's the truth...nobody does anything special. 

If SSA decides to introduce Amps that could be something special.

J

Knowing what are the options, they will be special. But you can't beat Korea for raw power. 

I park my moped between 2 cars, right next to an ATM. I get the cash and bump into an old friend. As we were talking one of the cars starts to back out of the parking lot and begins to push the moped, which falls on the second car. 

The driver thought she could push the moped and get out of the parking space. I traded paint with both cars and killed my turn signal. 

At that point the situation seemed so stupid I could only laugh...

Supposedly I need to drive some PA gear by car 200 some miles away, get payed to set up the gear and drive there. On the plus side I haven't seen that part of the country so I might as well do it. 

Knowing what are the options, they will be special. But you can't beat Korea for raw power. 

Raw power is great if the amps are consistent in build quality. Korea has yet to master that.

I'll take a slightly higher price for a better made product.

J

they would probably take the time to make something worthy of an sq quality amp instead of just point, click, order high power boards.

I park my moped between 2 cars, right next to an ATM. I get the cash and bump into an old friend. As we were talking one of the cars starts to back out of the parking lot and begins to push the moped, which falls on the second car. 

The driver thought she could push the moped and get out of the parking space. I traded paint with both cars and killed my turn signal. 

People are stupid aren't they

Raw power is great if the amps are consistent in build quality. Korea has yet to master that.

I'll take a slightly higher price for a better made product.

J

I don't know what you've seen... what I have seen are actually consistent but lacking in some departments. And extreme stress from running hours at full tilt in hot weather will show any problems :) 

they would probably take the time to make something worthy of an sq quality amp instead of just point, click, order high power boards.

People are stupid aren't they

I wouldn't call them stupid, just not caring enough. I admit I could be called reckless when parking the moped in tight spots. 

Hey man, my mom-in-law does rescue for all sorts of dogs, she has had like 3 dobies and she kept one. If you want I can ask her to peek around for you bro. Get me a city/state and I'll see what she can do, if you want.

Also I'm glad to see I'm not the only skeptic here as far as amplifiers go.

I wouldn't hold my breath on SSA making amps. They either hire designers here in the states and the amps cost significantly more than what's already out there, or they sell out and follow the trend.

Only one sounds profitable.

IMG_20121118_141757_zpsb61f9ad4.jpg

Fuck Jon, I was drinking water, now it's all over my keyboard!

Also I'm glad to see I'm not the only skeptic here as far as amplifiers go.

same. why pay the same/higher prices as a product line i already have faith in.

lol momma of the year!

she made his stand out of the way when she shoot the front view lol

That's just so fucked...

yup

There is a baby in that pic too

If only he was waving.