Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Though when I met up with him after parking the car, a couple nurses or teaches were cleaning s whole pile of blood splatter on the floor.

Despite them extorting money from me, the DoD sounds like the best option Jordan.

Despite them extorting money from me, the DoD sounds like the best option Jordan.

They reneged on a contract?

No, can't say publicly, PM if you want.

Me too Stefan. It also makes me worry about my stomach pain more and more. On the days when I was doubled up in pain, and like a dummy I touched it out, what if mine had been something similar.....

Freaky.

Everyone here is super happy it was a really boring ER trip.

Yeah not knowing whether to man up the pain, or if it's something serious has to be terrible.

Last time I was in ER it was fucking stupid, just a way for them to do some practice and make some $$$.

I'll start a Build Log in Off Topic when I start building his new tank and snag as many pictures of him as I can. He's a little bastard. If he was an Emperor I'd pick him up, but all desert scorpions are bungholes so I pretty much leave him be. According to a local he's one of three breeds. I'm waiting for some experienced people on a ScorpionForum to identify it. He could be:

Giant Desert Hairy Scorpion - Easy care, somewhat agressive, but an ok beginner scorpion.

Arizona Bark Scorpion - Poisonous as all hell, might have to be re-homed.

Deathstalker - Somewhat poisonous, mean as hell, but very interesting.

Hairy would be the best option, but I secretly hope he's a Deathstalker LOL, don't tell the wife.

ABS is one I have seen before, and I doubt it is. They usually don't have that darker body color.

J

It's a giant hairy desert. Nice little beginner scorp, should be a nice little addition to the family.

I'll start a Build Log in Off Topic when I start building his new tank and snag as many pictures of him as I can. He's a little bastard. If he was an Emperor I'd pick him up, but all desert scorpions are bungholes so I pretty much leave him be. According to a local he's one of three breeds. I'm waiting for some experienced people on a ScorpionForum to identify it. He could be:

Giant Desert Hairy Scorpion - Easy care, somewhat agressive, but an ok beginner scorpion.

Arizona Bark Scorpion - Poisonous as all hell, might have to be re-homed.

Deathstalker - Somewhat poisonous, mean as hell, but very interesting.

Hairy would be the best option, but I secretly hope he's a Deathstalker LOL, don't tell the wife.

ABS is one I have seen before, and I doubt it is. They usually don't have that darker body color.

J

It's a giant hairy desert. Nice little beginner scorp, should be a nice little addition to the family.

Be sure to post pictures of it glowing under UV light. :D

Me too Stefan. It also makes me worry about my stomach pain more and more. On the days when I was doubled up in pain, and like a dummy I touched it out, what if mine had been something similar.....

Freaky.

Everyone here is super happy it was a really boring ER trip.

Yeah not knowing whether to man up the pain, or if it's something serious has to be terrible.

Last time I was in ER it was fucking stupid, just a way for them to do some practice and make some $$$.

Same here. I had crippling pain in my chest, vomiting and sweating right after I got to work. I thought for sure Heart attack and I was working at the hospital so I popped an aspirin and headed down to the ER. Took a lot of blood gave me a few bags of water wouldn't let me get up to urinate and gave me a nitro.

Blood work showed no enzimes so they sent me to the cardiologist via ambulance. The wanted to stress test me and video my heart. So they have you lay on your back and pedal at a light pace until your heart hits 180bpm or so...

At the time I was pedalling a few hours a few times a week on a recumbant stationery. So k heart wouldn't bump up. Then they decided to give me adrenaline. I pedaled but only got to 140. Dilated blood vessels meant slower beats. So they decided to give me a second and final max dose of adrenaline, and try again. After about 15 seconds they told me to just pedal as fast as I could and ignore the pace light.

On the second down stroke my juiced up body pumped so hard I snapped the restraints on the bike knocking the whole machine off the bed and breaking the clamps. The machine fell catching all the cables they had on the advanced heart monitor machine pulling it over and smashing onto the ground and knocked over the poor cute tech running that machine. They they just hoped my bpm was high enough shot in the contrast, and took their video.

The head of cardio was the only guy left, came in and said I should have heart issues by looking at me and the fact I have had high bp and cholesterol before, however my heart was in better shape than most people and should be thankful.

I ended up in the ER children's waiting room at the other hospital as all the rooms were taken and they found nothing wrong. My attending thought maybe panic attack and acid reflux. Nurse came in I signed discharge paperwork get the IV line taken.out and was ready to go.

As I got up my wife noticed my hand wad bleeding a bit out of the bandage. I checked it and pulled under the bandage to re adjust and just SPRAYED blood like I super soaker in what felt like a slowmo horror montage. I was dilated like crazy, ultra hydrated and then pressurized with a work out and adrenaline.

I felt so horrible. Thomas the tank books, the kids slide, everything was spattered.

I felt fine physically, but not so much emotionally.

That and my chronic bouts with low abdominal pain that no one can figure out make me suspect of docs in general.

Now I am sure that everything had to do with my immune disorders, but at the time, it made me so mad.

Room mate has no insurance either I think. So for him, the decision to go in has finance problems. We told him no rent for a bit and as the wife did billing for the hospital we took him to hopefully we can get his costs down a bit.

Our local hospital saved our ass with some financial aid when the wife went in.  the 20k+ bill just went away.  

No, can't say publicly, PM if you want.

I couldn't agree more, but wanted a few other people's thoughts as well.

J

Our local hospital saved our ass with some financial aid when the wife went in.  the 20k+ bill just went away.  

Nice to see a hospital do that.

what appalls me is that my insurence pays out maybe 10- 35% of what the billed price is, and that satisfies them. It's just odd.

J

Room mate is home sleeping on the couch.

One appendix lighter. Surgeon said it was about to pop and roommate was lucky. Poor fucker. He gangstered up. I would probably have been in tears.

Glad all is okay, spooky.

He's way under size and weight. He was in a glass tank, stuffed in a closet. He hadn't eaten in over a month. Poor thing looked like a cracker when we got him. Dropped him a shot of crickets and he nailed about 6 of them. Considering he's the size of a zippo lighter, he definitely stuffed himself. Now he seems content rearranging the tank all night. Kind of wasting his time though cause he's a desert scorpion and should be in sand. As soon as I fab up his new tank, he'll have a little post-apocalyptic wasteland to wander.

Keep the pictures coming man. While I would never own an insect or reptile, and am not really a fan of holding them, they still fascinate me, and are cool to see.

J

I wasn't too keen on my son's tarantula at first, but it's actually a very beautiful creature. He's still a bit skiddish though and does not like being handled.

Give her time. Handle her a lot. She will become very docile. Chilean Rose Hairs are the easiest to deal with, as long as they are taught to deal with handling.... and they get very large and quite impressive.

Nice to see a hospital do that.

what appalls me is that my insurence pays out maybe 10- 35% of what the billed price is, and that satisfies them. It's just odd.

J

When I got sick we contacted the hospital. Due to the fact that I had no income, and my wife was going back to school, they eliminated my first year of debt. The second year they dropped 50% because I went back to work. Most hopitals will work with you. They know they will get shit on by easily 50% of people, so if they can collect from 25% it is a win from them. My out of pocket the first year was roughly $6K, my total costs were over $250K, so you can figure the insurance company paid $150K. My second year was roughly $150K, my out of pocket roughly $6K as well... their total from insurance take was roughly $100K. They scored no matter what.

I roll my box and equipment out of my old shop and into the new tomorrow. My pay increase is solid, plus my bonus schedule is extremely strong. I should be seeing a boost of roughly 30%. I am excited, to say the least. I have never made this much money, and when I was closest I was not in charge...

Good times.

woot.gif I'll have a drink for you tonight. Cheers!

Awesome news Seth!

woot.gif I'll have a drink for you tonight. Cheers!

Please do... I have 1/2 a bottle of Woodford Reserve Double Oaked in me now, but IMO a lot more needs to be enjoyed for this occasion.

Awesome news Seth!

Thanks, bud. To me, this is huge. This is such a big move to an extremely progressive shop and the opportunity for advancement is tremendous. A new location is in the works by the end of next year, and the possibility of promotion are massive. The guy who's job I am taking is currently running the show, and I am much better at my job than he is, and I have a lot more experience then he does in my current position. Hopefully I will be running a shop, completely, by the end of next year.

:woot: I'll have a drink for you tonight. Cheers!

Please do... I have 1/2 a bottle of Woodford Reserve Double Oaked in me now, but IMO a lot more needs to be enjoyed for this occasion.

Awesome news Seth!

Thanks, bud. To me, this is huge. This is such a big move to an extremely progressive shop and the opportunity for advancement is tremendous. A new location is in the works by the end of next year, and the possibility of promotion are massive. The guy who's job I am taking is currently running the show, and I am much better at my job than he is, and I have a lot more experience then he does in my current position. Hopefully I will be running a shop, completely, by the end of next year.

Congrats again man!!! I'm sure this will be a great job for you.

J

Sounds like you are planning ahead. Hope it works out in your favor.

Everyone I know with a new diesel pickup spends ~5k every other year on maintenance.  With the reliability and power of modern gas engines, you can't get me to drive a diesel that costs that much.  One of the other shops over here has a '04? F-350 that just dropped 8k+ at the shop for getting it worked on the last two months and had to have it towed 3 times.  I know of couple more people with newer ones that drop serious coin on it on fuel injectors, controllers, glow plugs, etc, etc.

My BIL hasn't spent that on his Ford in the 7 years and 150k miles he's driven it. Not even close.

I can introduce him to many people around here who have.  smile.png

Indeed. The 6L is a horrible engine

>How'd you crack the oilpan?  

Based on the motor mount write up, I bet he jacked it up by the oil pan...

I followed a write-up on ls1gto and did it exactly how a lot of people had done it. put a board on my jack that stretched all the way across the oil pan, jacked it up after I unbolted the motor mounts, got the passenger side mount out then struggling with the left side I ended up hitting the board and moving it enough so the weight wasn't distributed equally and it cracked right at the edge of the board. wish I would have used the damn cherry picker!

the car feels great with the scss motor/trans mounts, mgw-p rally shifter and monster stage 2 clutch though! way better and a lot more solid now

whoa chill when the fuck did you get back?

i was wondering what happen to you

yesterday man. I've been trying to learn more about my car and ended up not learning too much at all. you should jump over there and teach this kid what it takes to really hit 150db out of a trunk! dumb ass has 2 15's with a single Cendo 5500 in his gto (gas tank in trunk behind rear seats) and keeps claiming to do 50's. none of them know absolutely shit about car audio so I had to come back home. bunch of teenagers over on the ls1gto boards