Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

So Harry hasn't eaten in a month.  I assumed this was due to the changing of seasons.  Anyways, I came home earlier and he was upside down and not moving.  I quickly grabbed him and flipped him over and he was motionless.  A second later, I saw movement, but he just seems lifeless.  I quickly get online to find a diagnosis and apparently this is a what they do when molting and I totally fucked up by flipping him.  I hope he is okay and I didn't do him  any harm.  Gavin will be devastated if he dies.

So Harry hasn't eaten in a month.  I assumed this was due to the changing of seasons.  Anyways, I came home earlier and he was upside down and not moving.  I quickly grabbed him and flipped him over and he was motionless.  A second later, I saw movement, but he just seems lifeless.  I quickly get online to find a diagnosis and apparently this is a what they do when molting and I totally fucked up by flipping him.  I hope he is okay and I didn't do him  any harm.  Gavin will be devastated if he dies.

parrot?

parrot?

Tarantula.

I hope he makes it!

500 miles in about 8 hours flat. A new personal best.

Good news!  Harry has molted!  He is a beautiful black and pink spider now.  It's amazing!  I literally watched him shed his skin!  It was freaky, but just so awesome I could not stop watching.  He's on his back again resting.  I will leave him alone for a few days then clean his old carcass out.

And I'm going to buy SPD pedals and shoes. Gave it a try on a friend's bike, it's awesome to both push and pull on the pedals. And having a stiff shoe helps comfort on long rides. 

Time Attak and similar styles >>> SPD's.  Getting a floating binding is much better on your knees.  I use the Look equivalent that I bought used on CL.

Seems like this is the way to go. Glad I asked, time for some research :)

No late night chatters around?

I'm here! About to crash though.

Bah, you know damn well you've got the insomnia.

I've done 415 in a hair over 4.  :Doh:

And I'm going to buy SPD pedals and shoes. Gave it a try on a friend's bike, it's awesome to both push and pull on the pedals. And having a stiff shoe helps comfort on long rides. 

Time Attak and similar styles >>> SPD's.  Getting a floating binding is much better on your knees.  I use the Look equivalent that I bought used on CL.

Seems like this is the way to go. Glad I asked, time for some research smile.png

I hate SPD's as much as I hate road bike pedals.  My boss tore his ACL thanks to road bike pedals.  Effin' slippery in a bakery part way through a ride. 

Bah, you know damn well you've got the insomnia.

Nah, jet lag

I've done 415 in a hair over 4.  Doh.gif

Had an 8:30 in Kansas City and woke up at 4am.  Boogie time.  I was a bit young and stupid at that point though.

Not good! You got lucky. Keep the cage extra humid right now so the new exoskeleton does not split as it dries. Give him a week before you try to feed him. Spiders can go forever without eating.

Yeah, after I read about it, I was shitting bricks.   I've read in depth about the molting process, but don't recall anything about them being upside down.  I just freaked when I saw that last night.  Gavin's going to shit when he sees him.  I just checked on him and he's back chilling in his log. 

I've done 415 in a hair over 4. Doh.gif
Had an 8:30 in Kansas City and woke up at 4am. Boogie time. I was a bit young and stupid at that point though.

One time on a little solo night time bike ride trip I did the math and averaged about 125 mph or so.

I never ever rode like that again, as I wasn't really aware I was speeding so much.

When you can get to 120 in a second or 2 from 55 you don't really notice.

My fastest was 165.

Stupid stupid stupid. At least I never rode in in traffic like that.

Not what I would call a proud moment. Obviously nothing happened and I'm glad it didn't take an accident to learn that mistake.

Going over 150mph is pretty damn freaky! Its fun as hell, but you know if ANYTHING happens your dead.

179 on a cbr929rr..those were the days...only did it once, to see how regearing the sprocket

I did 175 in my GTO before I let up. I pussed out