Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

If you get agitated you sholdn't switch between them. It takes a good 10 shaves with an electric to get your face accustomed to it. After that it should be more gentle on you.

Electric only this year. Other than one time for an interview.

But it doesn't leave me smooth unless I really rub it in. And then of course I'm causing irritation.

I'd never try to get smooth with an electric. Hell in 2 hours it won't be anyways so why bother.

Only smooth route is to lather 3x. Shave down twice and up once.

This is true, but I can get as smooth as once over with a cartridge. Maybe even closer.

Interesting read on this shaving topic. I am strongly considering the single blade now myself. I have extremely sendistive skin & generally end up with some irritation regardless to steps currently taken.

I'm not completely convinced it's better.... But it makes sence. It also means you are using a safety razor though, and that is an investment just to find and get blades for.

I doubt a single blade Bic will be as awesome. I'm fairly sure the cheapest are designed to irritate more so they can sell more expensive cartridges.

Part of me thinks it's like tube amps.

:)

Lots of magic pebbles and flimflam. But it is well known that King Gillette is one of the first to push selling the replacements and making a reoccurring cost.

Who knows I'm just bitchy.

Peng have you used a safety razor or straight razor?

I won't touch a straight razor. Double edged safety razors will give just as good a shave as any of the cartridge based contraptions on the market for a fraction of the cost. If I ever got the notion to maintain a clean shave, a DE safety would be my go to. Since I'm a lazy bastard, though, I just stick with electrics.

If you want to get into exhaustive detail on the subject, check out this Wiki/FAQ on Reddit.

If you get agitated you sholdn't switch between them. It takes a good 10 shaves with an electric to get your face accustomed to it. After that it should be more gentle on you.

But it doesn't leave me smooth unless I really rub it in. And then of course I'm causing irritation.

I'd never try to get smooth with an electric. Hell in 2 hours it won't be anyways so why bother.

This is true, but I can get as smooth as once over with a cartridge. Maybe even closer.
Seriously? If you mean by pushing and going over and over sure, but then ou are just stripping off all sorts of skin

Adrian, keep in mind your car is noisy, very noisy. I'd venture there will be a lot of information lost. I'd consider just running a full range driver and skip the tweet.

It's very noisy indeed :)

A full-ranger works only if I remove the dash. A-pillars are small, I need the space in the kicks. So yeah..it's probably going to be the Vifa. 

The Illimunator is way nicer than the Vifa. I don't know about the SB, but am doubtful it'll compete.

But then again, the car is loud, I don't plan on making it quieter. So I'm not sure atm if the price difference will be useful. For a nice sound system I still have the Jeep, which works a treat with the extra power on tap.

Time to chop around the box for Project Stupid. I made it fit entirely in the cargo area, easily below the window line. 

Aaaand I'm trying to convince the redhead to join me for the road-trip. 

Seriously? If you mean by pushing and going over and over sure, but then ou are just stripping off all sorts of skin

I don't push hard at all really. Just a lot of strokes against the grain. That Braun is amazing.

I used to only use a straight razor until I deployed. It wasn't really an option over there because you're already 10 times prone to infection. So while deployed I tried the Gillette and Schick 5 blade. Found I was happier with the simple Mach 3 blade. My beard is VERY thick.

I shave my balls...

I used to only use a straight razor until I deployed. It wasn't really an option over there because you're already 10 times prone to infection. So while deployed I tried the Gillette and Schick 5 blade. Found I was happier with the simple Mach 3 blade. My beard is VERY thick.

Now that you are back do you stick with the mach 3?

I never knew there was so much subculture about shaving and bearding. Lol

Who doesn't?

You don't shave my balls.

Who doesn't?

You don't know what happens when your asleep.

Who doesn't?

You don't know what happens when your asleep.

And he's a DEEP sleeper.