Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

For instance I've never been in a car that I can remember where the stock stereo didn't need the highs reduced. Usually that is about the only required tweak. Sure they suck ass at lows and you can crank them but it ruins much of the rest of the response so just foregoing the bass is better.

MN is not Cali...although sometimes it tries. I didn't mean I want it Cali legal, just want to make sure that emissions wise and legality where I live is okay now.If we copy CARB, I bet they will grandfather IF YOU pass emissions.

One perk about Kansas, I only had a police officer check my VIN. Otherwise no body looked at my vehicle during registration.
Ha, here I can ride my bike less than a 1mi with a signed title and register whatever.
Are there not emissions checks in MN yet?
We had them years ago, stopped doing it in 99

Sean what was your year and price point for the chili pepper?

2008 or 2009 Cayenne Turbo (non-S). $35k and less than 60k miles and I would still do it. $40k and 60k I am not interested. $45k and 40k with Certified warranty for at least 4mo and I would do it as well. Only Black interior and Black, Silver exterior. maybe white/red/blue if it were PERFECT.

Ah okay, I grew up with them and then when I moved away from Houston I didn't need it anymore. It was a big surprise.

Figure though that to own it I'd be nearly $5k/yr of my own money in it. (includes brakes/tires and all personal money). If I buy the Cadillac I will spend $5k a year as well but at the end of the lease I will own the car for $1. The Porsche I won't.

Was going to take the Turbo and do the S upgrade+ on the motor. Ultra cheap and 2008-2010 the S and non were very similar with the S though including some brakes that are a ridiculous $6k or something dumb.

Full Wilwood kit for the Caddy is $4k

So brakes are a get to, not a have too.

2008 or 2009 Cayenne Turbo (non-S). $35k and less than 60k miles and I would still do it. $40k and 60k I am not interested. $45k and 40k with Certified warranty for at least 4mo and I would do it as well. Only Black interior and Black, Silver exterior. maybe white/red/blue if it were PERFECT.

Saw one that met all the criteria... except the turbo.

w is gone so I returned the rental car and am driving the XC90 V8. Super boring but I forget how nice it is.

Saw one that met all the criteria... except the turbo.
2008 non-Turbo's with $60k go for $25

Musically I am eclectic but I have a soft spot for classic rock and the likes. Jack johnson, mae. I will listen to anything but what I am after is making things sound natural.

I don't listen to opera or much jazz.

I never boost anything with an eq rather I remove to get things closer to flat. I also prefer a smooth transition into the sub bass frequencies, I hate booming cars that use booming bass and turned up treble.

Also to help, the sub stage will most likely be a 15 or 18 inch ssa icon in a 24-28 hz ported box.

Musically I am eclectic but I have a soft spot for classic rock and the likes. Jack johnson, mae. I will listen to anything but what I am after is making things sound natural.

I don't listen to opera or much jazz.

I never boost anything with an eq rather I remove to get things closer to flat. I also prefer a smooth transition into the sub bass frequencies, I hate booming cars that use booming bass and turned up treble.

Also to help, the sub stage will most likely be a 15 or 18 inch ssa icon in a 24-28 hz ported box.

Unless you are SUPER conservative on the gain you will be in dire need of midbsas IMO

How big of diameter tweeter can you fit?

*goes to check other thread again

The wife is looking for a crossover/SUV that will better fit our travels with our pups.

However, she hates the look at SUVs and when she Google searched SUV she kept pointing out the cayenne lol

I always shop for cars nationwide. I've never been interested in a car that had choices locally.

M3 - Chicago, M5 - KC, ML - Ann Arbor

My Silvy was local, lol

Sean if it is in the interest of acoustics, I will make any tweeter fit.

And I'll keel the speaker talk in the other thread to avoid cross talk.

Does a turbo really matter? tongue.png

The V6 is god awful, the 8 very boring, the GTS handles nice but is slow, the Turbo actually feels a little wimpy as well but it drives so nice otherwise.

The Turbo is the most reliable as well if driven equally with the other trucks as all other logical upgrades also occur on it. Buying a non-Turbo is a bit of a mistake.

Otherwise I'd be interested in the new body style as the interior in those is fucking perfect.

Rented an mkz today and I'm fairly impressed with it.