Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I don't quite understand where I'd need video and music away from wifi, of course I don't understand why I'd need video or music. I carry plenty of music and outside of planes never watch video.

I use data like crazy, but rarely break a gig. Of course, zero music and zero video.

In that case, unless you're opening large email attachments regularly, it would be rather hard to break a gig.

Even then it needs video. Server limit to 25mb and I do have VPN access to the server so no emailing necessary. Obviously if I have to open something up it can be big, but indeed. I've never used more than 1.5gb. 2 weeks in Asia I used 500mb, but that included a lot of Google maps, lol.

Anyone use plex for media streaming or another software? I'm looking to stream movies and music from a linux server to computers or phones. Main goal is having all my music available on my phone like a personal pandora.

I use plex at home to stream to my roku. Overall the software is pretty good and the streaming is pretty good too. My only complaint is that updating the library can be painfully slow.

Facebook, picture messaging, and google make up most of my data.

When I go to interviews I usually check CL and google to see if there is an 'open house' interview nearby. Try and kill two birds with one trip.

J

Anyone use plex for media streaming or another software? I'm looking to stream movies and music from a linux server to computers or phones. Main goal is having all my music available on my phone like a personal pandora.

I use Plex. It works very well, but the initial set up is a PITA, it will take hours.

Remember that you will not get LTE like you would with something like a Moto X

Yeah...but it's either that or just not have a data plan. With needing 4 phones I really don't want to spend much more than $100 per phone or the cost of entry is just not something I'm willing to expend.
I assume two are for kids/teens? If you don't have wifi at home 2 gigs per phone won't be enough. My sister averages 3 gigs on Facebook alone. And don't plan on streaming music like pandora on 2 gigs. My phone is grandfathered in for unlimited data and I average 50-60 gigs. This is maybe an hr a day web, 3 hrs a day streaming music, and one movie every 3 days or so.
WTF do you do on your phone? I don't use 50gb of internet at home, no way no how.
I average 5-15 gigs on my phone plan monthly, and about 300+ GB/mo easily at home. Usually I'm on Reddit, youtube, netflix, and tons of Spotifiy.

Since we don't have cable here we either stream via netflix, hulu, Amazon Prime, or I torrent the episodes of tv we want to watch.

How do you burn gigs on a phone though? Only way I see is video and IMO that is rather sad. Get out and see the world.
50+ hours a week at work, and most of it as downtime.

Movies/TV in the background or as a distraction is nice.

I use Plex. It works very well, but the initial set up is a PITA, it will take hours.

I'm beginning to learn that. I got it setup and appeared to be working on the local network. Added a few songs to the library then they randomly disappeared. Tried enabling remote access via their "myplex" and now when I login to the interface it doesn't show the actual server anymore, just my plex account information. Ugh! I don't like that you have to have an account through plex.com and use them as a third party for connecting remote computers.

Just one of those days when you just can't get the muscles to work with you!

Never a good day to have.

J

Flat bench was just that today, but incline and decline kicked Ass. I will take it for today.

Just ordered 3 of those Moto E's you posted Sean. Should be here this week. They are newer phones but all of the reviews were very positive. Obviously for a $130 smartphone the screen isn't HD, the processor is comparatively slower and the camera sucks. But has a microSD card slot for up to 32gb addt'l to storage, the OS is unmolested and full featured and for what the 3 of us will be using them for the screen, camera and processor aren't huge deals. My wife and I both have tablets to use at the house anyways.

And according to their website ATT is waiving activation fees on bring you own phones this month, so that should save me another $120 on activation fees.

http://www.pandawill.com/h920-turbo-smartphone-mtk6589t-15ghz-50-inch-1080p-fhd-screen-android-42-black-p75740.html

I don't quite understand where I'd need video and music away from wifi, of course I don't understand why I'd need video or music. I carry plenty of music and outside of planes never watch video.

Different strokes for different folks. When I was working that 70 day refuel project almost every guy there was on a smartphone or tablet during downtime/breaks; Facebook, YouTube, Hulu, Netflix, et al. Me? I bought a giant crossword puzzle book from Costco.

Hell one guy was on his tablet (MMORPG), smartphone (music), and laptop (net surfing) at the same time, :lol:

I want some opinions from you guys.

Looking at going back to school but not certain about what is the best fit.

Looking for something useful more than 3 years after graduation, that pays well.

I truly suck at advanced math and know I need to learn more.

J

Got a CDL? Truck drivers are in incredibly short supply right now.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

AcC2owu.jpg

I want some opinions from you guys.

Looking at going back to school but not certain about what is the best fit.

Looking for something useful more than 3 years after graduation, that pays well.

I truly suck at advanced math and know I need to learn more.

J

Engineering and Computer Science are safe bets.

YwHy0Ni.jpg

Maryland yO!!!!