Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Yuck. Time for 20hrs in a plane

vCyQmkq.png

I saw the post on reddit..ew..

Remember that you will not get LTE like you would with something like a Moto X

Yeah...but it's either that or just not have a data plan. With needing 4 phones I really don't want to spend much more than $100 per phone or the cost of entry is just not something I'm willing to expend.

I assume two are for kids/teens? If you don't have wifi at home 2 gigs per phone won't be enough. My sister averages 3 gigs on Facebook alone. And don't plan on streaming music like pandora on 2 gigs. My phone is grandfathered in for unlimited data and I average 50-60 gigs. This is maybe an hr a day web, 3 hrs a day streaming music, and one movie every 3 days or so.

WTF do you do on your phone? I don't use 50gb of internet at home, no way no how.

I average 5-15 gigs on my phone plan monthly, and about 300+ GB/mo easily at home. Usually I'm on Reddit, youtube, netflix, and tons of Spotifiy.

Since we don't have cable here we either stream via netflix, hulu, Amazon Prime, or I torrent the episodes of tv we want to watch.

I'm sure we do a bit more than you at home Julian, but yeah, when out and about I used the same. Data.

If I had a larger phone I would probably use even more bandwidth.

Yuck. Time for 20hrs in a plane

I feel for you bro.

You will be landing as we are getting ready to take off.

Still find it funny the lead singer of Fastway is the lead singer of Flogging Molly.

Yeah...but it's either that or just not have a data plan. With needing 4 phones I really don't want to spend much more than $100 per phone or the cost of entry is just not something I'm willing to expend.

I assume two are for kids/teens? If you don't have wifi at home 2 gigs per phone won't be enough. My sister averages 3 gigs on Facebook alone. And don't plan on streaming music like pandora on 2 gigs. My phone is grandfathered in for unlimited data and I average 50-60 gigs. This is maybe an hr a day web, 3 hrs a day streaming music, and one movie every 3 days or so.

WTF do you do on your phone? I don't use 50gb of internet at home, no way no how.

No shit. I can't believe these figures. I have used ~400mb on my phone this month, and that is a big month. At home, constantly streaming on ROKU, and computers running all the time I doubt we use 10gb.

No clue on home usage, but under 2gb on the cell. Half way thru the mth.

J

Just ordered 3 of those Moto E's you posted Sean. Should be here this week. They are newer phones but all of the reviews were very positive. Obviously for a $130 smartphone the screen isn't HD, the processor is comparatively slower and the camera sucks. But has a microSD card slot for up to 32gb addt'l to storage, the OS is unmolested and full featured and for what the 3 of us will be using them for the screen, camera and processor aren't huge deals. My wife and I both have tablets to use at the house anyways.

And according to their website ATT is waiving activation fees on bring you own phones this month, so that should save me another $120 on activation fees.

Anyone use plex for media streaming or another software? I'm looking to stream movies and music from a linux server to computers or phones. Main goal is having all my music available on my phone like a personal pandora.

I average 5-15 gigs on my phone plan monthly, and about 300+ GB/mo easily at home. Usually I'm on Reddit, youtube, netflix, and tons of Spotifiy.

Since we don't have cable here we either stream via netflix, hulu, Amazon Prime, or I torrent the episodes of tv we want to watch.

How do you burn gigs on a phone though? Only way I see is video and IMO that is rather sad. Get out and see the world.

In Japan again. Sitting in the Skylounge...trying to not drink beer. Free. Doh.gif

Might have one to video tape the machine that pours them. Some parts of Japan are awesome

300 GB a month is doable if you pirate movies and games on BitTorrent.

Edited by Penguin4x4

I do ~150 a month just torrenting foreign TV shows/anime

I use data like crazy, but rarely break a gig. Of course, zero music and zero video.

I use data like crazy, but rarely break a gig. Of course, zero music and zero video.

In that case, unless you're opening large email attachments regularly, it would be rather hard to break a gig.