Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

He will be aligning the Mustang once I get that bitch back together...

All the front suspension is out!! Brakes and steering pulled also. Most of the prep work done...working on getting the master cylinder/booster out. That MFer is a tight fit.

And it was parked almost all its life under trees. There is so much black crud on all seams and hard to reach places it's unbelievable. Yesterday I decided to clean up the tank lid and that area, it was the messiest. It cleaned up surprisingly easy with engine degreaser and a brush. 

Engine detailing next, I want to have things clean before I change the timing belt. 

Sounds like a serious project.

And it was parked almost all its life under trees. There is so much black crud on all seams and hard to reach places it's unbelievable. Yesterday I decided to clean up the tank lid and that area, it was the messiest. It cleaned up surprisingly easy with engine degreaser and a brush.

Engine detailing next, I want to have things clean before I change the timing belt.

Yes it does.

Is spray 9 available in your area?

The parts are piling up!!

You will be cruzing in it before you know it.

Hope i can start playing with my parts soon. Back in Singapore. Off to hang out at Raffles and then go out with the band after smile.png

They are incredibly simple and uncomplicated. Given no issues with rust or fasteners, it can be done in a couple hours.

Wish me luck. Two Malaysian air flights back to back

I imagine a VW bus with a propeller and wings.

Hope i can start playing with my parts soon. Back in Singapore. Off to hang out at Raffles and then go out with the band after :)

Always fun going out with a band.

J

Wish me luck. Two Malaysian air flights back to back

I imagine a VW bus with a propeller and wings.

Hey, I had one of those!

Hope i can start playing with my parts soon. Back in Singapore. Off to hang out at Raffles and then go out with the band after smile.png

Always fun going out with a band.

J

Understatement.

Google Orchard Towers and now imagine a backdoor tour where everyone welcomes you in. HOLY SHIT>

Man dem  feels

Growing up my dad always dreamed of owning a 57 chevy bel-air. He grew up poor in a family of 7 children. He never thought he would be able to own his dream vehicle but would talk about it all the time. 

When I was 8 years old I promised him that on his 57th birthday I would buy him a 57 bel-air. I never forgot and was able to fulfill my promise.

Here is his reaction.

Explanation on what he was doing. One of our cornhole boards was broken and we were trying to rig it to stay up, while he was occupied I opened my garage to show the vehicle. He was too intent on fixing the board that he didn't notice the garage opening which took my sister saying "theres something we can fix it with in the garage, there".

Also when he states thats the one you have been showing me, that is because I had been,I had showed him pictures of the Bel air. (I have had it for over 2 years waiting to give it to him) We would talk about older vehicles so to gauge how much he would enjoy it etc I would show him pictures of it from the listing I found. He would get so excited and talk about owning something like that but that he "knew her never would be able to".

What about Naughty Girl?

Hope i can start playing with my parts soon. Back in Singapore. Off to hang out at Raffles and then go out with the band after :)

Always fun going out with a band.J
Understatement.

All depends on the band.

Looks like it is, it's more than I expected. Good thing is all the exterior parts I need to buy new are around $500 (cowl cover, window channels, door window trim, turn signals, rocker panels, exhaust heat shields). 

Come next pay-day I'll sort out all the maintenance:

Plugs & wires

Engine & transmission oil

Timing belt and assorted seals

Water pump

Fuel filter

Found the front inner fenders in the UK. Passenger side is already cut and waiting for shipping. So it will be easier to fix the rust there, compared to forming new metal. 

I'm going to remove most of the black crud tomorrow. Good weather, pressure washer, brushes, degreaser and camera are ready. 

Parts are piling up since November (front lip, shifter overhaul parts, timing belt kit)

They are incredibly simple and uncomplicated. Given no issues with rust or fasteners, it can be done in a couple hours.

Guess what? Rust and rusty fasteners are a big thing in this car. Yesterday I broke a bolt holding one shifter boot. Time to buy drill bits and drill it out. And when I tried installing my front lip, I broke a lot of fasteners. Same with changing the radiator. I plan on changing the misc fasteners to stainless and call it a day. Same stainless fasteners have been on the bike for almost a year and are still super clean. 

Is there a reliable site for purchasing smartphones at less than full retail that the carriers charge?