Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

The new surface pro is nice though too. Digging the new ultra light form factors.

Time for a 2hr massage smile.png

That's actually reasonably priced.

So I could buy 4 of those, take them in to ATT and sign up for their service?

Indeed they're unlocked phones so you could bring it to either ATT or Tmobile.

Just not Verizon as they don't have CDMA. I would verify the antenna for at&t before buying as I don't know them

Remember that you will not get LTE like you would with something like a Moto X

I actually really like the new plans from ATT. I'm considering getting my Dad and I on our own plan, which will cost me about as much as prepaid.

I have found with prepaid ATT there has been multiple times where my wife has fast service (ATT postpaid) and I have not (Net10 with ATT Sim).

Running a Singapore SIM atm and see that as well, not as bad as in Malaysia but sometimes it rips other times UGH.

I am using a Nexus Google 4 though which was $200

I am using a Nexus Google 4 though which was $200

I just recently upgraded from my Nexus 4, to the Nexus 5. I love the Nexus line.

The main differences between LTE and HSPA+ are speeds and penetration (heh). LTE has better penetration into homes but is one directional. HSPA+ is able to "put together" multiple signals into one usable one, but the penetration is pretty poor. Speed wise HSPA+ can go up to 168 Mb/s and LTE can do somewhere around 1 Gbit/s. HSPA+ is much more established vs LTE and can (usually) lead to better coverage.

Just switched back to DirecTV. Got the wireless mini Genies. Hoping this wasn't a mistake. DirecTV pissed me off 9 tears ago, but Dish Network has been having issues with my billing for months now. My card expired and I was on paperless billing with autopay. So my account goes past due and I was not aware until I got a nasty letter with a late fee. I called, paid, set up my new card and everything was fine... for 2 months. Another nasty letter, another phone call, another late fee, another time trying to set up my new card again because "they had no record of it". Last Monday was our 2 month run and guess what? If they are that inept, I cannot continue to do business with them. My savings is only ~$10 a month with Dish over DirecTV after our promotional price expires. But I am saving $20 a month for the first year, getting free NFL Sunday Ticket (essencially, at $240, it means I am gaining that extra $10 a month for 2 years), plus I got a referral discount of $10 for the first 10 months to add to the discount. So I have almost 5 years at the same price. However, if you consider I do not have DVR with Dish, the savings per month would be almost nil.

Yeah...but it's either that or just not have a data plan. With needing 4 phones I really don't want to spend much more than $100 per phone or the cost of entry is just not something I'm willing to expend.

Just switched back to DirecTV. Got the wireless mini Genies. Hoping this wasn't a mistake. DirecTV pissed me off 9 tears ago, but Dish Network has been having issues with my billing for months now. My card expired and I was on paperless billing with autopay. So my account goes past due and I was not aware until I got a nasty letter with a late fee. I called, paid, set up my new card and everything was fine... for 2 months. Another nasty letter, another phone call, another late fee, another time trying to set up my new card again because "they had no record of it". Last Monday was our 2 month run and guess what? If they are that inept, I cannot continue to do business with them. My savings is only ~$10 a month with Dish over DirecTV after our promotional price expires. But I am saving $20 a month for the first year, getting free NFL Sunday Ticket (essencially, at $240, it means I am gaining that extra $10 a month for 2 years), plus I got a referral discount of $10 for the first 10 months to add to the discount. So I have almost 5 years at the same price. However, if you consider I do not have DVR with Dish, the savings per month would be almost nil.

I love calling directv. One of those love hate deals, but they always make things right with me. I will ask to make sure our conversation is recorded and provide me with the case number so when I call back they can refer to it.

Finally figured out this ass sucking sync system. It was a bad idea to use a pac loc because the sync will roll most all low freq off and never make to the speaker. I have been talking to a couple people who have figured this out and they are pushing us toward this http://www.audiocontrol.com/17612/748663/OEM-Integration/LC7i----Six-Channel-Line-Output-Converter-with-AccuBASS.html

They system sounds good, but I can tell it is missing something and not reaching it's full potential.

I love calling directv. One of those love hate deals, but they always make things right with me. I will ask to make sure our conversation is recorded and provide me with the case number so when I call back they can refer to it.

Don't forget to add in the $10 fee a month for genie. It ain't free.

I'll be going back to them when I move.

J

Yeah...but it's either that or just not have a data plan. With needing 4 phones I really don't want to spend much more than $100 per phone or the cost of entry is just not something I'm willing to expend.

I assume two are for kids/teens? If you don't have wifi at home 2 gigs per phone won't be enough. My sister averages 3 gigs on Facebook alone. And don't plan on streaming music like pandora on 2 gigs. My phone is grandfathered in for unlimited data and I average 50-60 gigs. This is maybe an hr a day web, 3 hrs a day streaming music, and one movie every 3 days or so.

Just got an email saying she's used 75% of her 2 gigs. And the month doesn't revolve until the 26th.

I assume two are for kids/teens? If you don't have wifi at home 2 gigs per phone won't be enough. My sister averages 3 gigs on Facebook alone. And don't plan on streaming music like pandora on 2 gigs. My phone is grandfathered in for unlimited data and I average 50-60 gigs. This is maybe an hr a day web, 3 hrs a day streaming music, and one movie every 3 days or so.

WTF do you do on your phone? I don't use 50gb of internet at home, no way no how.

We have wifi, so that'll be 75% of the usage. I won't use shit nor will my wife, and my son is only 10 so I don't think he'll use much either. So really most of the 10gb plan will be available for my 15yr old daughter to use

You need to stay at home more.

image_zpsb0ecd8db.jpg

And I still have 19 days left to this period.

I don't lie.

uMpkCAc.jpg

Fuck, I'll go along for the ride any day!

After 64 long years, it looks like a machine has finally passed the Turing test for artificial intelligence. A supercomputer in a chat-based challenge fooled 33 percent of judges into thinking that it was Eugene Goostman, a fictional 13 year old boy; that's just above the test's 30 percent threshold. Developers Vladimir Veselov and Eugene Demchenko say that the key ingredients were both a plausible personality (a teen who thinks he knows more than he does) and a dialog system adept at handling more than direct questions.