Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I am going to take more pictures of the 61 and 38 at some point. I can post them if you like.

Would love to see some more.

Does the daughters beetle have a different colored rear bumper or is it just the lighting?

J

It was hit in the rear, so the bumper is new. The rest is just sun faded. Almost mint chip color.

I had no interest in Rome or Italy until recently.

Girl you cra cra. I would LOVE to go visit the ancient sites there. But money and not sure I could handle the plane flight hold me back. The money more so. But I'm a little claustrophobic and freak out when I feel trapped. Short plane flights I'm fine. That long in an enclosed space thousands of feet above nothing but water...ehhh...pretty sketchy.

Girl you cra cra. I would LOVE to go visit the ancient sites there. But money and not sure I could handle the plane flight hold me back. The money more so. But I'm a little claustrophobic and freak out when I feel trapped. Short plane flights I'm fine. That long in an enclosed space thousands of feet above nothing but water...ehhh...pretty sketchy.

When I flew to London I stayed up for as I could handle then popped a few sleeping pills and slept for nearly the entire flight.

When I flew to London I stayed up for as I could handle then popped a few sleeping pills and slept for nearly the entire flight.

That is the key. SLEEP. You can do that on a commercial plane. A C-130 not so easily.

J

I am going to take more pictures of the 61 and 38 at some point. I can post them if you like.

Does the daughters beetle have a different colored rear bumper or is it just the lighting?

J

It was hit in the rear, so the bumper is new. The rest is just sun faded. Almost mint chip color.

Gotcha. It kinda makes it pop IMO.

J

International planes are WAY bigger normally.

Hey, only 7 more flights for me until I come home a week from now. Doh.gif

Should try to be on their schedule before you get there.

Oh, and J. Paid $47 for 2 beers yesterday. tongue.png

That is the key. SLEEP. You can do that on a commercial plane. A C-130 not so easily.

J

I flew grey tale for my deployment on my plane (kc135) I ended up sleeping in the boom pod which happens to be not heated, luckily I had a -30 sleeping bag, but I was still chilly.

J

Gotcha. It kinda makes it pop IMO.

J

We were going to wrap it, but that has yet to happen. When you drive the beetle you get all kinds of attention, but it is the trucks drivers that are funny as hell when they see me driving.

Up a bit early today, got to get chest day in before work at 11am.

Not a fan of waking up before 9am.

Some how I was in poision ivy and have it on me :(

Well that sucks.  

I've never gotten poison ivy before.  I'm sure when I do it'll be nasty.  

Well that sucks.  

I've never gotten poison ivy before.  I'm sure when I do it'll be nasty.

me neither, but I've given it to other people. Nice to be immune to some things. Most people who haven't had it are pretty tolerant I think. At least in climates where it is prevalent.

View from dinner

Boat-Quay_zps9ba69fac.jpg

Sure I fucked up the shot in a multitude of ways and damn don't I wish I brought the wide angle sad.png

I'll fix the lens distortion later

Looks fine the way it is.

Poison ivy will runs its course, some get blisters other don't.

And back from the purple bridge showing where I sat.

Boat-Quay-2_zps6b92def2.jpg

Looks fine the way it is.

Crooked towers lah

2nd one is more pronounced. Easy fix when I am not durnk

Makes me want to buy a real tripod

Matt, that is 17mm on the shitty non L lens smile.png

Shot at f13 or 16. Could post up the one I shot at 2.8 by accident. Holy crap is it bad. sad.png Better spot, didn't take it off live view. Doh.gif Should have realized going from 30 second exposures to .5 meant something lol

but then I guess a few pitchers of beer may do that Doh.gif