Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Don't just calculate your "work time". If your away from home at a hotel run your time away from the family around the clock and see what the pay looks like. Trust the word of someone that has worked 70-90 hrs a week. It's not worth it no matter the money.

Don't just calculate your "work time". If your away from home at a hotel run your time away from the family around the clock and see what the pay looks like. Trust the word of someone that has worked 70-90 hrs a week. It's not worth it no matter the money.

I will second that.  I am job hunting for 40 hours right now.  I will gladly take a pay cut to spend time with my son again.

I'm all about work. I work 70-80 hours a week, but I expect solid compensation. Work is everything, it provides us with the tangibles that we need for every aspect of life... money drives those tangibles. It allows us the ability to enjoy more with our friends and family. Contrary to many opinions money does drive everything.

But if the work, and the time away from the family are not compensated, it isn't worth it. A promotion should involve more pay. More time away from the family involves more pay, fuck the "benefits" and artificial compensation, it MUST be cash in hand. If not, then it isn't a promotion. I have turned down "promotions" that didn't involve pay increases worthy of the extra hassle.

There is nothing that can compensate for time lost with my son.  No amount of money will ever make it worthwhile. 

Wait until your son asks you to go to Italy and you can't afford it.

So....... All the hotels I'm seeing around there are $3400 for a week.....

Any other tips Sean?

Rome was $200 / week / person. 4 people in the room, clean hotel, with breakfast. 

Damn. I usually get an apartment from Marco Umbaltini about a block from the Colosseum on Via LaBicana. I pay ~$1400 a week, nut it is 3 huge bedrooms with 3 baths. Nice joint, good people.

I will second that.  I am job hunting for 40 hours right now.  I will gladly take a pay cut to spend time with my son again.

I'm all about work. I work 70-80 hours a week, but I expect solid compensation. Work is everything, it provides us with the tangibles that we need for every aspect of life... money drives those tangibles. It allows us the ability to enjoy more with our friends and family. Contrary to many opinions money does drive everything.

But if the work, and the time away from the family are not compensated, it isn't worth it. A promotion should involve more pay. More time away from the family involves more pay, fuck the "benefits" and artificial compensation, it MUST be cash in hand. If not, then it isn't a promotion. I have turned down "promotions" that didn't involve pay increases worthy of the extra hassle.

There is nothing that can compensate for time lost with my son.  No amount of money will ever make it worthwhile. 

Wait until your son asks you to go to Italy and you can't afford it.

He'll never ask and I can afford it right now.  To me, money is nothing.  I have no desire for money outside of making sure my bills are paid and I can clothe and feed my son.  He is raised the same way.   There is no need for anything else aside from each other.   Sure I would like to buy nice things now and then, but it's not a necessity. 

Again, there is nothing more valuable to me than time spent with my child.  NO amount of money is worth losing that time.

Am leaning towards SS Crager 5 spoke rims with BFG T/A shoes. Not a fan of chrome but they are about the only rim I can find that I care for the look of on the ol' Mustang coupe's.

I love the Crager SS wheels. I had them on my GN for a while. But I kept breaking them. While the look is classic, the quality sucks balls. I had to go with Weld Drag Stars.

I don't understand Europe.

This is frustrating.

LoL

Defeated by the French, how will I ever hold any respect ever again?

I know Sean loves France, but I fuckin hate the country and the people. The galleries are awesome, the food is good, but nothing else is, IMO, worth a fuck. Rome is so much nicer. While it is totally commercialized, the reality kicks ass.

I don't understand Europe.

This is frustrating.

LoL

Defeated by the French, how will I ever hold any respect ever again?

I know Sean loves France, but I fuckin hate the country and the people. The galleries are awesome, the food is good, but nothing else is, IMO, worth a fuck. Rome is so much nicer. While it is totally commercialized, the reality kicks ass.

I had no interest in Rome or Italy until recently. Maybe Tuscany would have been on my list. Only 3 things in Italy that I love, Lamborghini, Ferrari and Wally.

From what everyone has said though I may love Italy more. I have a week in each, so we shall see.

:-)

I need to book an apartment soon though. We leave in 10.days lol.

Picked up a bag for the flight to hold all my camera schtuff.

http://www.tenba.com/Products/messenger-dna-15.aspx

Well, the wife did. Excited to see how well everything fits.

Really nice bag. I want to buy a new Camera eventually.

Anybody have great reasons to sell my gear and go Cannon over my Nikon?

J

just upgraded to win8. I needed a fresh install of windows. maybe i should have stuck with 7. lol

Edited by lithium

SHoulders and neck fauking hurting this fine morning!

reads this from a massage parlor

Any other tips Sean?

Rent an apartment, not a hotel. $275/night is expected in Paris. Makes a week tough.

How can I rent an apartment?

sure you are doing a week? I will ask my mom where she found apartments. When I go there I stay with friends or the company pays

In this video you will see a guy waving two riders buy, that guy is my manager at work. This video was made by his buddy. All the guys lived, but the worst one has a punchered lung and 5 broken ribs.

http://youtu.be/DkaKU8yzt3g

quoted to watch later

I think I'm going to be forced to listen to hip hop at work today. My brother is like a human karaoke machine, but he is a terrible vocalist. thought it funny when I was 5, but not anymore. He hates rap/hip hop so is the only solution as I refuse to work in silence. I don't know how I have worked with him almost 10 years without strangling him.

Go with the older stuff. At least it is easier to deal with.

J

The prick just got back from Rocklahoma. Nothing worse than working with your boss on his monday. ALWAYS full of stupid shit to say. 

Wonders what kind of massage ;)

Am leaning towards SS Crager 5 spoke rims with BFG T/A shoes. Not a fan of chrome but they are about the only rim I can find that I care for the look of on the ol' Mustang coupe's.

I love the Crager SS wheels. I had them on my GN for a while. But I kept breaking them. While the look is classic, the quality sucks balls. I had to go with Weld Drag Stars.

None of the Weld Drag Star appeal to me. All are to modern looking.  Any other suggestions Seth or anyone for that matter? 

Had the SS wheels on a Firebird... Only time one broke was from the tire guy NOT removing the center cap and blowing out the hub throwing it on the tire machine. Being as the early Stang isn't really build for mad power, I don't see ever having that kind of torque.  

Wonders what kind of massage wink.png

Asian foot massage of course. :D

Magnum 500s are a staple to the Mustang.  You can always go with good old Torque Thrusts too.  Personally, I like the standard GT wheels on those cars.

24345446.jpg

428024_462207290509729_1147626495_n.jpg

A pic of the current rims. 

66_grille_horse2.jpg

As the car will be painted blue, this is a decent example of the SS's on a coupe. 

Magnum 500s are a staple to the Mustang.  You can always go with good old Torque Thrusts too.  Personally, I like the standard GT wheels on those cars.

24345446.jpg

Thanks Ryan! The Magnum 500's are my first choice if I do a stamped wheel as they definitely keep the classic look. The Torque Thrust's are about the only other rim I have found that compares to the SS's in looks. I am hoping to make it to a car show or two in the near future to feel them out in person.

Any other tips Sean?

Rent an apartment, not a hotel. $275/night is expected in Paris. Makes a week tough.
How can I rent an apartment?
sure you are doing a week? I will ask my mom where she found apartments. When I go there I stay with friends or the company pays

Fly into Paris on the 16th and leave from Paris on the 23rd

Picked up a bag for the flight to hold all my camera schtuff.

http://www.tenba.com/Products/messenger-dna-15.aspx

Well, the wife did. Excited to see how well everything fits.

Really nice bag. I want to buy a new Camera eventually.

Anybody have great reasons to sell my gear and go Cannon over my Nikon?

J

I think Cannon makes much better gear if you want to buy the best of the best. But if you have money invested in Nikon, no reason to switch.

They are both fantastic and have their own advantages.

If you want to do a lot of studio portraits the Nikons have the ultra high mega pixels. I have never done studio shots so the ultra mega pixel thing doesn't make up for how much easier the Canon products are to use.

Sean, have you ever flown easy jet? Is it going to be hell? They have weird bag restrictions and it sounds like the seats will be.... Small...

I got the bag I did specifically to avoid problems with them and carrying all the equipment. They need an extra inch or so shaved off every side to guarantee I can bring it as a cabin bag. I wanted the think tank rig, but this bag is more versatile and smaller external with the same internal space.

None of the Weld Drag Star appeal to me. All are to modern looking.  Any other suggestions Seth or anyone for that matter? 

Had the SS wheels on a Firebird... Only time one broke was from the tire guy NOT removing the center cap and blowing out the hub throwing it on the tire machine. Being as the early Stang isn't really build for mad power, I don't see ever having that kind of torque.  

The Cragers will be a great fit, then. I love the looks of the SS (still my favorite wheel), but with any real horsepower or heavy lateral loads they just have not proven to be a real sturdy wheel. I have had 5 different sets of SSs on 5 different cars of mine. My 442 and GN both broke them, though. They actually held up to a lot of abuse from my 76 Cutlass (350 Rocket, bored .090 over, stroked Crower... a strong build), but the GN and 442 just had too much power and grip.