Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

So this position opened up at work. Considering applying for it.

It's basically an auditor, which gets me out of the branch dealing with customers and selling/collecting which I'm pretty well over but since I'd still be with the company I would retain my full vesting in 401K/pension and 4 weeks of vacation. Another perk would be getting a company car, '14 Ford Fusion.

Downside is a ton of travel, probably gone 60 - 75% of the month but home on weekends. Still though, that's away from home a lot with 2 kids. Other downside is with the lost commission and bonus it would end up being a pay cut in straight pay, but that doesn't account for the benefits of company car and the company paying for all of my gas and lunches which would save me $100 a week right there. That's like a $5200 pay increase all on it's own.

Inside of the beetle is clean, almost like new. Now to wash and wax it Friday for the parade Saturday.

So this position opened up at work. Considering applying for it.

It's basically an auditor, which gets me out of the branch dealing with customers and selling/collecting which I'm pretty well over but since I'd still be with the company I would retain my full vesting in 401K/pension and 4 weeks of vacation. Another perk would be getting a company car, '14 Ford Fusion.

Downside is a ton of travel, probably gone 60 - 75% of the month but home on weekends. Still though, that's away from home a lot with 2 kids. Other downside is with the lost commission and bonus it would end up being a pay cut in straight pay, but that doesn't account for the benefits of company car and the company paying for all of my gas and lunches which would save me $100 a week right there. That's like a $5200 pay increase all on it's own.

Apply. The rest comes down to negotiation. Even if they offer you the job you don't have to take it, doesn't hurt to apply.

60-75% is a lot however and should come with a significant pay increase. Time is something you can't replace. Obviously internally they will try to sell that part short, but if you are truly gone on average 3-4 nights a week it should be a 50% increase in pay (including benefits) IMO.

Tomorrow the new muffler for the 4runner should be here along with the new brake lines for the 38.

So this position opened up at work. Considering applying for it.It's basically an auditor, which gets me out of the branch dealing with customers and selling/collecting which I'm pretty well over but since I'd still be with the company I would retain my full vesting in 401K/pension and 4 weeks of vacation. Another perk would be getting a company car, '14 Ford Fusion.Downside is a ton of travel, probably gone 60 - 75% of the month but home on weekends. Still though, that's away from home a lot with 2 kids. Other downside is with the lost commission and bonus it would end up being a pay cut in straight pay, but that doesn't account for the benefits of company car and the company paying for all of my gas and lunches which would save me $100 a week right there. That's like a $5200 pay increase all on it's own.

Apply. The rest comes down to negotiation. Even if they offer you the job you don't have to take it, doesn't hurt to apply.60-75% is a lot however and should come with a significant pay increase. Time is something you can't replace. Obviously internally they will try to sell that part short, but if you are truly gone on average 3-4 nights a week it should be a 50% increase in pay (including benefits) IMO.

If the office you are visiting is less than 2hrs from your home you can drive, if it's more than that they want you to stay in a hotel. The average visit is 3-4 days. There would only be a handful of offices within 2 hours of me, and you cover 60 to 80 offices.

We go by a "total compensation package", so I'm sure with the free brand new car, company credit card, etc they show a 50% increase in pay on paper but not in tangible money, I.e. pay checks.

They pay for relocation which would cut down on my travel significantly, probably in half. Issue is I don't want to relocate. Rest of the family is fine with it but there is one little girl that it would absolutely break my heart to leave, and she couldn't come with us

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/gallery/image/9214-dscn1430/

So really the problem is just that I don't live close enough to the job, and don't want to move.

I guess maybe I could move down near Indy, that would leave us in driving distance of home but closer to the offices

They pay for relocation which would cut down on my travel significantly, probably in half. Issue is I don't want to relocate. Rest of the family is fine with it but there is one little girl that it would absolutely break my heart to leave, and she couldn't come with us

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/gallery/image/9214-dscn1430/

Know that feeling of love for kids myself. It is the best!

I guess maybe I could move down near Indy, that would leave us in driving distance of home but closer to the offices

Just remember, nobody dies wishing they had spent more time at the office.

J

Don't just calculate your "work time". If your away from home at a hotel run your time away from the family around the clock and see what the pay looks like. Trust the word of someone that has worked 70-90 hrs a week. It's not worth it no matter the money.

Off to china

Enjoy the mirror floored sushi bars!

J

Don't just calculate your "work time". If your away from home at a hotel run your time away from the family around the clock and see what the pay looks like. Trust the word of someone that has worked 70-90 hrs a week. It's not worth it no matter the money.

I will second that.  I am job hunting for 40 hours right now.  I will gladly take a pay cut to spend time with my son again.

I will second that.  I am job hunting for 40 hours right now.  I will gladly take a pay cut to spend time with my son again.

Don't miss those hours at all. Glad my machine installing days are over.

Before work today I have to get the wife's tent and tables set up for the weekend.

How is this only 4 mins long?

Omg, that is hilarious.

It sucks those people got hurt. When working out you need to make sure the equipment is safe, and make sure you are safe enough to use the equipment.

In addition, you need to worry about form first and ramping up weight gradually with in the limits of your body.  Not this mental hyper over training and trying to dead lift and C&J way too much weight.

sigh.gif

Truth.

Some of those weights were insane. Swinging them around like that is absurd. Morons.

Truth.

Some of those weights were insane. Swinging them around like that is absurd. Morons.

Yea you should see our local clown fit club, they live on advil and think what they are doing is healthy.