Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Looks sharp brother!!!

J

So we played in an early bird softball league where we paid $75 "sponsor fee" and $15 per person. Even though we all work at the same company our company will not pay for intermural sports so we soaked up the cost.

This next season is $120 "sponsor fee" and $20 per person. After realizing a local bar has a team we were thinking of approaching our favorite local watering hole to see if they would sponsor our team.

I don't know what the best way to pitch it to the owner. We do have a friend of the owner, so that helps. It would be "advertising" (and even better advertising if they provided shirts). I'm trying to think of things that we could offer that would be of value to them.

Any ideas?

Go to them with a total cost. Ask them if they would be interested in sponsoring a softball team for the bar, and providing shitprts (with their name/catch phrase on them.

In turn, the team will go in there after each game, and if you go to the championship and win a big party there afterwards. They will get to keep the trophy there as they paid for it.

In NY bar's sponsor all the softball, pool, and darts teams. Its a great way to make back the investment quickly, and if you figure 15 guys at 20 a pop thats 300 and the 120 fee and 420 is the total. Just in 'word of mouth' advertising, and guys buying beers afterwards they make that money back in spades.

I've done this pitch for a few wrestling shows and have only been turned down once.

J

EH? Oh yah!

P1t96E0.gif

Is that a gif from a real video?

New TV series on FX: Fargo. It's pretty good.

Watched the first one, forgot to continue. Sort of funny since it is my hometown.

Did I say BIG?ZOE_0013_zpsf51ac3bc.jpg

How is the e-brake setup on Wilwoods? Is it the inner drum style on the rear hubs?
No idea...so I assume it works as stock since it was a kit made exactly for my truck. I've assumed incorrectly before.

So we played in an early bird softball league where we paid $75 "sponsor fee" and $15 per person. Even though we all work at the same company our company will not pay for intermural sports so we soaked up the cost.

This next season is $120 "sponsor fee" and $20 per person. After realizing a local bar has a team we were thinking of approaching our favorite local watering hole to see if they would sponsor our team.

I don't know what the best way to pitch it to the owner. We do have a friend of the owner, so that helps. It would be "advertising" (and even better advertising if they provided shirts). I'm trying to think of things that we could offer that would be of value to them.

Any ideas?

Go to them with a total cost. Ask them if they would be interested in sponsoring a softball team for the bar, and providing shitprts (with their name/catch phrase on them.

In turn, the team will go in there after each game, and if you go to the championship and win a big party there afterwards. They will get to keep the trophy there as they paid for it.

In NY bar's sponsor all the softball, pool, and darts teams. Its a great way to make back the investment quickly, and if you figure 15 guys at 20 a pop thats 300 and the 120 fee and 420 is the total. Just in 'word of mouth' advertising, and guys buying beers afterwards they make that money back in spades.

I've done this pitch for a few wrestling shows and have only been turned down once.

J

Which is paying them more than my worst case scenario.

So we played in an early bird softball league where we paid $75 "sponsor fee" and $15 per person. Even though we all work at the same company our company will not pay for intermural sports so we soaked up the cost.This next season is $120 "sponsor fee" and $20 per person. After realizing a local bar has a team we were thinking of approaching our favorite local watering hole to see if they would sponsor our team.I don't know what the best way to pitch it to the owner. We do have a friend of the owner, so that helps. It would be "advertising" (and even better advertising if they provided shirts). I'm trying to think of things that we could offer that would be of value to them.Any ideas?

Go to them with a total cost. Ask them if they would be interested in sponsoring a softball team for the bar, and providing shitprts (with their name/catch phrase on them.In turn, the team will go in there after each game, and if you go to the championship and win a big party there afterwards. They will get to keep the trophy there as they paid for it.In NY bar's sponsor all the softball, pool, and darts teams. Its a great way to make back the investment quickly, and if you figure 15 guys at 20 a pop thats 300 and the 120 fee and 420 is the total. Just in 'word of mouth' advertising, and guys buying beers afterwards they make that money back in spades.I've done this pitch for a few wrestling shows and have only been turned down once.J
Which is paying them more than my worst case scenario.

Paying the bar more? Or asking the guys to pay more out of pocket?

J

Giving the bar $120 for $120 is a lot cheaper than a promise of a couple hundred dollar tab after every game. MK wants even less of a commitment. Your reality is perhaps more normal as what bar wouldn't do that, but he just doesn't want to pay a fee which of course no business wants to do. I offered up a minimal guarantee to get. And as I said, I'd rather have to spend $120 on a bar tab than throw it away. Having someone give it to me free is of course better.

Giving the bar $120 for $120 is a lot cheaper than a promise of a couple hundred dollar tab after every game. MK wants even less of a commitment. Your reality is perhaps more normal as what bar wouldn't do that, but he just doesn't want to pay a fee which of course no business wants to do. I offered up a minimal guarantee to get. And as I said, I'd rather have to spend $120 on a bar tab than throw it away. Having someone give it to me free is of course better.

Fair enough points Sean. I can see the sense that makes.

J

I feel like the most pathetic man ever. I was able to do 10 min on the elliptical. Personal best in 2 months or so.

It's nice to have done it, but I feel terrible that something like that is an achievement.

I feel like the most pathetic man ever. I was able to do 10 min on the elliptical. Personal best in 2 months or so.

It's nice to have done it, but I feel terrible that something like that is an achievement.

Not pathetic at all bro. You are making the effort. There is nothing pathetic in doing it.

J

Gotta start from scratch--nothing pathetic about it, it is humbling though. :P

OH YEAH THATS WHAT DADDY LIKES

If it makes you feel any better, by my 3rd sit up my stomach muscles shake from over exertion. Hernia surgery wiped me out, had no idea that I was avoiding using those muscles so much.

I feel for you though, never understood being in a state like that before and now will do everything I can to avoid it again.

It's tough to deal with how much has been sapped from me. I think I could have done more than 10 min, but this is a huge sale weekend and I can't risk being bent out of shape.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

:-)

Now that I am able to manage the pain better it's much better.

It's tough to deal with how much has been sapped from me. I think I could have done more than 10 min, but this is a huge sale weekend and I can't risk being bent out of shape.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

:-)

Now that I am able to manage the pain better it's much better.

ANy start is good as long as you keep going. Never feel down about where you are starting from. :)

As luck would have it the 4runner rolled 99k and the muffler rusted off.

Hellcat?

Not bad idle, but otherwise sounds like shit.

Looks and sounds pretty cool, but damn still so heavy.

As luck would have it the 4runner rolled 99k and the muffler rusted off.

Borla time!!!!

If it's the hellcat that's why. It's more than likely running a corsa mopar "track exhaust". The boost makes it sound like that.

I feel like the most pathetic man ever. I was able to do 10 min on the elliptical. Personal best in 2 months or so.It's nice to have done it, but I feel terrible that something like that is an achievement.

If it makes you feel any better, by my 3rd sit up my stomach muscles shake from over exertion. Hernia surgery wiped me out, had no idea that I was avoiding using those muscles so much.I feel for you though, never understood being in a state like that before and now will do everything I can to avoid it again.

Try this. Much better for the spine and neck than sit ups.

http://www.runningandcupcakes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/DRILL-flutter-kick_thumb.png

J

If it's the hellcat that's why. It's more than likely running a corsa mopar "track exhaust". The boost makes it sound like that.

Seems like it 'favors' the drivers side pipes. Doesn't seem like a great idea.

J