Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I don't know anyone interested in complex drivetrains and motors. No one. They want better ecology, not even economy.

And it's a lie. There is no savings of energy in an electric or hybrid vehicle. Zero energy savings. Most have a larger ecological impact than the drivetrains that run on liquid dinosaurs.

most don't care about energy savings...they want to pay less for their gas each month. More fuel economy means less out of pocket. That is as much a pressure on the auto makers as gov't standards. Net ecological cost means nothing...net out of pocket cost is important. I see it every single day, I make car loans for a living. People get rid of their old gas hogs for more fuel economy. Truck guys drive around in Aveo's and shit because it uses 1/2 the fuel. I see it, daily.

As for the comment about voting next week... Your comment about federal minimum wage has nothing to do with anything that Seth is talking about in regards to that vote. The 5th is not presidential and thus has less to do with federal, so the federal minimum wage is not a valid point. If you would like to introduce it as one, then Seth's story paints a much more grim future as the local increase is hurting those who work harder as described in his statement.

Then your point is that Seth's entire rant was meaningless..because the whole thing was a giant rant about left wing federal programs and specifically pointed at Obama. His "main point" question there at the end even specifically mentions Obama. He mentions federal programs several times, and specifically Obama throughout the post. If my response to his rant was irrelevant, then his ENTIRE rant was equally meaningless and maybe he should have left Obama and those federal programs you cite as meaningless OUT of his post. But he didn't, so fair game.

SSD increase in one president is still absurd. But that's not the point here. The point is it was loosened and shouldn't have been Obama isn't tightening things up so he is just as big of a schmuck as the other idiots.

If you are going to complain, don't make shit up. Don't bitch about SSDI tripling under Obama when it HASN't. That's what is absurd. People using bullshit statistics to try to validate their political views or to validate their dislike of some political party. The ONLY reason I even responded to that section was because his figure was a fucking LIE and WAY the hell off from the truth.

LoL......:confused:

Ooooooooooh, politics!

I had that CD in my car the other day.

My household's out of pocket cost of healthcare as of January 1, 2015 will now officially be higher than my mortgage payment including escrow. I make too much to be considered for subsidies. However, the cunt that worked at Wendy's whom I will discuss later is likely not paying a fucking dime for better insurance than my family has... and it is all on me to pay for!

While I am highly paid for my industry in this location, I still make less than I did 8 years ago, but my cost of living has increased tremendously. I think it is important to point out that since then I sold my big home and bought a small house in an area where taxes are significantly lower... and 3 of my 4 boys have moved out of my house and are supporting themselves. FWIW my pay 8 years ago relied strictly on commission, where today I am paid on commission and bonus based on total shop hours turned and productivity percentage. When that fact is considered, you can see that the shitty economy has affected my pay negatively. People don't have the money required to maintain their vehicles anymore.

That shitty economy was the result of the 8 year republican reign prior to Obama...

The number of people receiving social security disability has almost tripled since Obama has been in office. The federal government decided it was too hard for people to go on the government lamb, so they softened the requirements.

From a Google search, this appears to be FALSE. The most common number I could find was 20% increase under Obama. The number of recipients has tripled, but it has tripled since the number of recipients in 1980, not 2008 when Obama took office. They loosened the requirements to receive SSDI decades ago, long before Obama. And it's still not easy, I talk to customers every week who've hired an attorney because the gov't has denied their SSDI claims.

8 years ago I could go to Wendy's and grab a fat burger, large fries and large drink for ~$5. I went there Thursday and grabbed a baconator triple with large fried and a drink for almost $12. Fortunately for the stupid. fat, ignorant cunt at the window who was rude and unprofessional, the pay for her position has gone up over the course of those 8 years almost $3/ hour.

Then that is a local/state issue, nothing to do with Obama. I see people's income for a living, and I see fast food employees weekly applying for loans. In my state they are all still at or VERY close to minimum wage which in my state hasn't risen in many, many years. If your state has seen a nearly 50% increase in their wages, then that is a state and not a federal issue. Federal minimum wage has only went up $1.40 since 2007, and hasn't increased at all since 2009

The cost of new cars is going up, up, up thanks to the left leaning CAFE standards forced upon manufacturers today. The really awesome thing about that is, that while vehicles get more expensive so too does my tooling. I am so glad that I can make less than I did 8 years ago so I can pay more for the privilege of fixing these cars! Gone are the days of a $1500 scan tool doing everything you need it to... Now I get to spend $15-20 grand every 5 years.

Let's not ignore the complexity of today's gadgets in those vehicles. Consumers are as much in favor of hybrids/fuel efficiency due to cost of gas as the gov't. Also, cars today are much more complex in features and systems are much more technologically advanced...when you start to add more options to every vehicle like heated fucking steering wheels, cars that park themselves, navigation, etc..CAFE standards are VERY far from the only reason new car prices have risen. Blame your fellow consumer who can't park their car without a backup camera or requires a car that will park itself or can't drive anywhere without the car telling them how to get there. As the cars get more complicated and technologically advanced the tools to fix them become equally complicated and complex which likewise makes them expensive.

LOL, let's keep blaming Bush! I didn't realize Obama was a member here. This "recovery" has been the slowest in US economic history. Why? Obama. Increases in taxes for industry, increases in regulation in all industry, increases in government involvement in all industry, and basic increases of government oppression in all industry.

Sorry, as far as the 3X the total disability recipients, I forgot to add the word "annual" into the growth figures. It doesn't change the fact that SSID is facing insolvency in 2 years, by most accounts. I am looking forward to additional taxes paid by me to shore that up!

So you think that Obama's desire to drive up the minimum wage to $12 isn't going to affect the national average, or even the federal minimum wage? I had no idea you were so naive!

The complexity of these gadgets is really nominal with regards to repair needs and tooling requirements. Stop being a tool (sic).

Yes it is Seth!

My area is filled with unemployed and welfare people mostly because they are lazy and know how to work the system. My taxes go up and they get cell phones, nice cars, and free repairs.

Makes me wonder why I work sometimes.

Yep! I get seriously pissed because 95% of my industry earns based on performance. We either get straight commission, flat rate (pay based on actual hours turned), percentage of total profit, etc. I see a ton of apprentices in my shop with no drive. I hear "I don't want to work hard", "This is harder work than I expected", "I didn't know you got paid like that", etc. The kids in this country are expecting everything to be handed to them... Fuck hard work, just give it to me because I deserve it!

Fucking losers.

I don't know anyone interested in complex drivetrains and motors. No one. They want better ecology, not even economy.

And it's a lie. There is no savings of energy in an electric or hybrid vehicle. Zero energy savings. Most have a larger ecological impact than the drivetrains that run on liquid dinosaurs.

There are energy savings, but most of those buying the hybrids are all about their impact on the environment. The truth is, a Prius... the bastion of green driving... has nearly 2.5X the carbon footprint of an H2, and 3X the total cost of ownership over the life of the vehicle.

As for the comment about voting next week... Your comment about federal minimum wage has nothing to do with anything that Seth is talking about in regards to that vote. The 5th is not presidential and thus has less to do with federal, so the federal minimum wage is not a valid point. If you would like to introduce it as one, then Seth's story paints a much more grim future as the local increase is hurting those who work harder as described in his statement.

Wow, someone who understands what this election is about. Leftists are trying to paint this as a presidential election. Interestingly most of the grey areas in the country are running away from Obama's policies, and saying this isn't about him or his policies... Obama hurt many Dems by stating this election is about him.

SSD increase in one president is still absurd. But that's not the point here. The point is it was loosened and shouldn't have been Obama isn't tightening things up so he is just as big of a schmuck as the other idiots.

Even more so with the annual growth of recipients and the aforementioned insolvency.

What frustrates me is most people see a difference. There isn't. On every major subject Obama and Dubbya voted the same.

They are both chickenshit fuckfaces. Bush was at least funny and could dodge a shoe. Obama is at least black and we'll spoken most of the time. But it's all arbitrary.

I don't need statistics to prove that neither pass the sniff test for making the country better.

What is the bullshit is that Romney or McCain may have had a positive impact, or been at least different. I didn't support either one of those schmucks either, but I'm fairly certain they would have been smarter than who is in office now and who preceded him.

GWB was just as liberal as Obama. He was a fucking disgrace to his party. While I follow more libertarian views, I am aware that throwing a vote that way is throwing a vote in the trash. We live in a 2 party society, and I need to pick my battles well. I am more of a social liberal, but I am a firm economic and political conservative (to the literal sense of the word conservative, not the Rush Limbaugh/GWB neo con liberal version of conservatism). I do believe the federal government is intended to deal with interstate commerce, international commerce, Immigration, and the military, and that is all. The complete overreach of today's federal gvt is stunning. Bush showed me he had zero conservative values when the Terry Schaivo incident occurred. What a fucking hypocrite!

Maybe a infection from the SNAP card "aka" food stamp card...It gets passed on from contact from the card?And targets the tax paying citizen's That don't get no tax refund..And gives the non-employed with a football team of kids a $10,000 refund and makes the working man pay them...

This is why I don't vote. The whole left/right is pure bullshit to begin with. None of them give a fuck about anything other than their own and friends. It's simple.

The only way any of it will change is with revolution. Unfortunately the blind an uneducated multiply exponentially, and this plays into the hands of the powerful as they use the middle class to shower the lower with these entitlements effectively controlling the majority.

Been making my own old fashioneds tonight. I grabbed up 2 bottles of double oaked, a bottle of orange bitters, a bottle of plain bitters, a box of brown sugar cubes, a box of white sugar cubes, a bag of brown sugar (light) and a bag of white sugar. I always wanted to try them, and never have... I figured I would stay in tonight, and get fucked up trying my favorite bourbon. I didn't waste any time on club soda (because I refuse to add that shit to fine bourbon), water, or the traditional garnishes, which include lemon peel, lemon zest, orange slices and cherrys (some recipes also call for sour cherry juice).

Please be aware and keep in mind that I love bourbon with a couple cubes. No water, no mixers... just very good whiskey. I truly enjoy it. I would rather drink a good bourbon than eat Kate Upton's pussy/asshole... Yes, I like it that much. One of my favorites is Woodford Reserve Double Oaked. It is a mid/high end bourbon that costs ~$60 a bottle (local taxes included). It is not cheap, but it is not Pappy Van Winkle expensive either.

I will give you what is considered a rough recipe, and you can base some assumptions on the others based on the ingredients above if I don't include them below, since I am kinda fucked up...

3-4 dashes of bitters (in some cases all orange bitters, in some 50/50 orange and plain, and some straight plain), 1/2-1tsp of sugar (again, straight plain or 2 cubes of plain, 50/50 white/brown or 1 cube of each), 2 Oz of bourbon, ice cubes and in some cases a splash of water or club soda... Again, fuck watering it down, so no club or water was used. Also, I read a shit ton of arguments about what a dash is. Some say 1/8 a teaspoon, some say 1/4. I decided in 1/4 as a dash because 1/8 didn't do shit for flavor or pulverization/liquification of the sugar cubes.

I tried it with cubes. I did not like cubes at all. I don't want to have to sit there and break up cubes for 20 minutes to have a drink. Cubes do not change the flavor over straight sugar/brown sugar. Don't waste the time. If you want cubes to try them, I will send you the trays of cubes I bought that were utter bullshit.

Straight bitters... Nope. I didn't get much off the straight bitters in my mix. It was a waste of $5. Even the 50/50 straight/orange was not a good drink.

So to simplify, buy orange bitters and granulated white/brown sugar. The process is simplified and the overall experience is much more pleasant.

Brown sugar is OK. I like the slight molasses flavor it imparts. I find that the molasses flavor has a bit too much of a back of the tongue hanging bittersweet taste that I like, but it is not my favorite. While I am not a big chocolate fan, I do like bittersweet dark chocolate, so consider that when you decide your mix.

To me, the best flavor is 1.5/1.5 tsp white granulated sugar/orange bitters to 4Oz of bourbon. It has a great bittersweet orange flavor that does not overpower the flavor of the bourbon. The bourbon stands right out in the forefront, but the aftertaste of the semi-sweet orange is a peasant addition to the strong flavor of the bourbon.

While I generally do not like bourbon mixes (aside from a sour) I will drink this from time to time. The benefits of this are:

• You do not cut down the bourbon much at all... I hate a drink that cuts the base liquor by 66%... I am a man, not a woman. I like liquor, not wine coolers, white Russians, or Stoli-Colling
  • You do get the sturdy flavor of a good bourbon without a lot of coloration. However, the aftertaste is a pleasant surprise.
  • It does have a  sweet aroma, making it pretend to be delicate, yet it fools you with a full flavored complex taste that is still taste bold on the tongue.
  • I can buy a cheaper liquor and still have a "high end" experiance.

The negatives are simple:

• It is a flavored drink. If you are a hard core straight liquor drinker this is not for you.
  • If your pocket is fat, this is a waste of time because you can afford a weekly fifth of Pappy 18 year at $1K/ bottle. If so, I will blow you for this pleasure. I drink 2-3 bottles of bourbon a week, thanks!

In the future, I will likely save the money and buy the Woodford Distillers Select (at $32 a fifth it is nearly 1/2 as expensive) to make these drinks. But they are worth considering.

Sounds petty good seth!!

This is why I don't vote. The whole left/right is pure bullshit to begin with. None of them give a fuck about anything other than their own and friends. It's simple.

The only way any of it will change is with revolution. Unfortunately the blind an uneducated multiply exponentially, and this plays into the hands of the powerful as they use the middle class to shower the lower with these entitlements effectively controlling the majority.

Ryan, do you have the militia required to take the USA over? If your goals are the same as mine, I will gladly join your revolt, as I do have a lot of legal weaponry in my home.

If not, I suggest you vote on the candidate in your area most likely to speak for you. Please, be aware that nobody will completely encompass your values. however, by not voting, you are essentially letting people you disagree with speak for you.

Up until recently I was not permitted to have any say in government. I was a felon since I was 18 and not deemed worthy of speaking for my beliefs. That was over 25 years that I would have begged for someone like you, with similar values (Ford love set aside ;)) to speak for me. Now that I can legitimately speak for myself, I feel it is imperative to let people know they should speak their piece if they are afforded the right to do so.

Please don't insult people like me who have been silenced for so long. Keep in mind, no one will agree with your beliefs completely. But you must, must, must step forth and vote your mind, if for no other reason then to respect those who are not afforded that right. I implore that of you, dude. Yur right to vote is huge, and I have been envious of folks like you for decades.

Sounds petty good seth!!

It is, Mikey!

Mike is an online buddy of mine for years. I hope everyone here is as accepting of him as they are of me. He is a good dude, with a unique sense of humor. He is also a fellow mod of one of the biggest car audio forums on the web not named SSA.

But he is still a cock muncher!

LMAO you butt pirate!!!...

You do have a cute little butt... I'll sail my galley up yours any day, sweet cheeks.

Lol mofo!!!!

:ghost:

Nice smiley!!!!

13 minutes left in this ghastly place...

easier to get one dollar out of a million ppl, than a miilion out of one person.  100 dollars out a thousand...etc. Either way your making a mill. 

I don't know how the fuck ppl complain about the recession. I have not missed a day of  work in over 10 years and make a 100+ an hour. 

ghastly place????

Then the spooks shall be put to silence till next season.

Damn I thought I was doing good at $47.50hr