Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Exactly Sean.

The only reason I'm butt hurt is this extra stuff came on the tail of a conversation with my boss about how I need to be making more money.

Instead I have put on 2 months worth of miles on the car in 1 week.

My personal expenses are up and income is down.

I don't think an ultimatum is a good idea but this is the last "freebie" I'm going to do without some recompense.

I don't talk about it a lot are because I like my job and am exceptional at it. We are so short I have been managing 25% more than I am paid for since I took the promotion. There is literally no way for me to be paid for that extra work in my companies business model. I didn't care as I have my eyes looking upwards.

There is a big difference between doing extra work and being taken advantage of however.

What about a ocean wave?

I can't tell if your questions are serious.

But yes, water waves can be sine waves and most definitely ALL waves follow the same principles. It is a whopping 100 or 200 level class.

What about a trochoid?
off topic lol. The absolute value of a wave is not a wave. Rofl
Ok I am lost so a trochoidal wave is not a wave?

Not really bro.

It's more like lumps.

Lovely lady lumps.

"Look at the trochoids on Those fly THOTs".

Another method would be to slow cook smoke them on the egg at 105F or so. Take them off, crank the fan and then Brown them at 800+

Would love to do that but want to master the browning first.

If the egg is 105, at what temp would you pull the meat?

Another method would be to slow cook smoke them on the egg at 105F or so. Take them off, crank the fan and then Brown them at 800+

Holy shot snacks I need a stoker.

That's GD brilliant.

10 seconds at 800?

just flip it a bunch so it only heats the exterior. Butter bath first helps. That is how I use the egg...

Flip it a bunch? Not just twice?

Butter bath? Like melt some butter and dredge your steak through it?

Shouldn't butter burn when you throw it on a 800°+ grill?

105.  If the egg creeps then you have to time it and you will lose moisture, but if you lock it in at 105 you can let it go until equilibirum

That's GD brilliant.

10 seconds at 800?

just flip it a bunch so it only heats the exterior. Butter bath first helps. That is how I use the egg...

Flip it a bunch? Not just twice?

Butter bath? Like melt some butter and dredge your steak through it?

Shouldn't butter burn when you throw it on a 800°+ grill?

Shouldn't meat burn when you throw it on an 800 degree grill?  

TIme is your friend.  Note the flipping.  The only once doesn't apply in this method as you are not at all cooking the meat at that point but just charring the outside.  Maillard is your firend.

What about a ocean wave?

But yes, water waves can be sine waves and most definitely ALL waves follow the same principles. It is a whopping 100 or 200 level class.

What about a trochoid?

Just give up already.

you can flip as many times as you want, regardless of temp; just have to make it consistent. every 30 seconds, every minute, every two minutes, etc. etc.

That's GD brilliant.

10 seconds at 800?

Cool smoke until almost done followed by searing the bejesus outta it is the only way to go for beef/pork roast. Mmmmmmmmm

Had some American Wagyu flank and short rib cooked that way once, best meat experience I've had to date.

Would I loose any ability to perfect my browning by using thinner cuts of steak? I realize it's much easier to overcook the center, but it would give me more surface area to practice on per dollar.

Since i'm in a question asking mood. I'm looking to sharpen/replace my lawnmower blade. I've been told by a couple of people that it is easier to buy new than waste time sharpening. Is whatever pops up on Amazon good enough?

Going on a 21" Troy Bilt that has been a bad ass it's whole life.

Sharpen the blade yourself. An angle grinder should be more than enough to get you where you need to be.

Had some American Wagyu flank and short rib cooked that way once, best meat experience I've had to date.

What about that one time you posted the BBC wanted ad on CL?

What about a ocean wave?

What about a trochoid?

Just give up already.

On what?

End rant, no questions please. Just ignore me thinking out loud. :)

think out loud more. Best thing you can do. If I can Help let me know

Thank you. I appreciate the offer. :)

What about a ocean wave?

What about a trochoid?

Just give up already.

On what?

There's a reason behind quoting...

What about a ocean wave?

What about a trochoid?

Just give up already.

On what?

There's a reason behind quoting...
yes there is.

Contemplating a new headphone amp. I have decided on the company, now I need to decide on the amp. Woo Audio is a US company that specializes in headphone amps. I have it narrowed down to the  WA3 or the WA6

I need a little advice.

WA3

wa3-6.jpg

WA6

wa6-9.jpg

The WA3 goes for $600, the WA6 for $700. I don't need preamp outs and I will not buy their upgraded tubes. I have my research down on the tubes and rectifiers for each amp.

The WA3 is a OLT design, or an output transformerless design. This has a tendency to be extremely linear. But it has the drawback of needing really high impedance drivers to provide beneficial damping factor for the transformerless output design. Basically, it is supposed to be one of the nicest amps to pair with the Senn HD600, 650, 700, 800, etc. Plus it is $100 cheaper than the WA6, which means for the same money I can roll more tubes.

BUT!!!

Low impedance drivers do not offer the damping factor required to make the OTL design work to it's potential. I have a few "bucket list" cans I want, and some do not fall into the high impedance driver category necessary to facilitate the WA3. The WA6 ticks all the boxes for the HD600s, and my "bucket list" cans. Not only that, but my Momentums will fall into the "wrong amp, fucktard" scenario if I grab the WA3.

I was thinking about giving my son my current amp, and I really don't want a crowd of headphone amps on my nightstand. I also don't want to wind up with several DACs, and interconnects to further crowd my headphone amp area. Along with my nightstand I now have a rack with DACs, external HDDs, Battery backup, server, Pio Elite DV45A SACD/DVD/CD player, and 2 CD/DVD burners (I am a closet burner and have some really kick ass external burners).

So do I buy the WA6 as a future proof deal, even though I may never buy another set of cans? Do I buy the WA3 as it is really THE design I want to go with my current HD600 cans, with the realization that I may be fucking myself in the future?

You're killing me.

I am actually just trying to ignore those pics and posts.  I have nothing to add really and I don't want to know/lust so ignoring is healthier.

I do listen to tubes more than any other medium at the moment, but my amp has 2 EL-34 Groove Tubes and 5 AX7's in jackets so they are of unknown sort.

Dude, you need to roll. Groove Tubes belong in guitar amps (yeah, I get they are expensive, but you have them in the wrong application), and for a small bit of change you can grab the Mullard 12AX7s. There are SOOOO many EL34 options out there. It is such a commonly used tube there is no reason not to roll them. They will be cheap as well.

Contemplating a new headphone amp. I have decided on the company, now I need to decide on the amp. Woo Audio is a US company that specializes in headphone amps. I have it narrowed down to the  WA3 or the WA6

I need a little advice.

WA3

wa3-6.jpg

WA6

wa6-9.jpg

The WA3 goes for $600, the WA6 for $700. I don't need preamp outs and I will not buy their upgraded tubes. I have my research down on the tubes and rectifiers for each amp.

The WA3 is a OLT design, or an output transformerless design. This has a tendency to be extremely linear. But it has the drawback of needing really high impedance drivers to provide beneficial damping factor for the transformerless output design. Basically, it is supposed to be one of the nicest amps to pair with the Senn HD600, 650, 700, 800, etc. Plus it is $100 cheaper than the WA6, which means for the same money I can roll more tubes.

BUT!!!

Low impedance drivers do not offer the damping factor required to make the OTL design work to it's potential. I have a few "bucket list" cans I want, and some do not fall into the high impedance driver category necessary to facilitate the WA3. The WA6 ticks all the boxes for the HD600s, and my "bucket list" cans. Not only that, but my Momentums will fall into the "wrong amp, fucktard" scenario if I grab the WA3.

I was thinking about giving my son my current amp, and I really don't want a crowd of headphone amps on my nightstand. I also don't want to wind up with several DACs, and interconnects to further crowd my headphone amp area. Along with my nightstand I now have a rack with DACs, external HDDs, Battery backup, server, Pio Elite DV45A SACD/DVD/CD player, and 2 CD/DVD burners (I am a closet burner and have some really kick ass external burners).

So do I buy the WA6 as a future proof deal, even though I may never buy another set of cans? Do I buy the WA3 as it is really THE design I want to go with my current HD600 cans, with the realization that I may be fucking myself in the future?

You're killing me.

Get one!

This will be the third year in a row.

They requested my resume because they want me in their building to build a maintenance team.

Sometimes redundant interviews year after year will take the wind out of your sails.

My opinion?

I gather you are good at what you do. This is really not a guess, rather an observation of how you carry yourself, your obvious work ethic (I've not seen very many people always working and completing so many different tasks so efficiently), how you are involved with your family, how you choose to keep and maintain your possessions, and so many other things I have gathered over the years of knowing you, reading your posts, seeing your pics...

I know I am good at what I do as well. I know I would not be giving them the time of day, at this point. If you don't hire me when I first interview with you, I will give you another chance. The guy you hired instead of me didn't work out, but by now you should know my reputation. On my second interview, this is your last chance. If you don't hire me this time, you are missing out on the best candidate for the job, and now it's an insult. You want me to come back for a third shot? You are going to have to pay dearly for my services now.

I did that in my current job. I went in, the guys in the shop saw me and knew who I was. They hired someone else the first time, but he was told by the fellas how good I am. The next time, I walked in to the office and informed them that I had been there before, and this was their last opportunity to hire me.

They jumped at the chance to hire me.

You are obviously a worthy candidate for whatever it is you choose to do, Neal. This is not some internet ass kiss or butt fluff, it is truly how you come across. Don't ever let anyone step on you like this again. If you want to go through with the interview, as you have not given them an ultimatum, do it... but let them know that this is their last opportunity at the rate they are currently offering you.

Since i'm in a question asking mood. I'm looking to sharpen/replace my lawnmower blade. I've been told by a couple of people that it is easier to buy new than waste time sharpening. Is whatever pops up on Amazon good enough?

Fucking 5 minutes on a grinder beats spending money on a blade.

I have blades I have been sharpening for 15 years. My deck is 52 inches, 3 blades. I have 2 sets I interchange every month. My blades are always sharp, and rather than spending ~$80 for a set of blades a couple times a year, I just sharpen.

A simple 45 degree angle works best, and always check balance.

takes less time to sharpen than to go to the store

Contemplating a new headphone amp. I have decided on the company, now I need to decide on the amp. Woo Audio is a US company that specializes in headphone amps. I have it narrowed down to the WA3 or the WA6

I need a little advice.

WA3

wa3-6.jpg

WA6

wa6-9.jpg

BUT!!!

You're killing me.

I am actually just trying to ignore those pics and posts. I have nothing to add really and I don't want to know/lust so ignoring is healthier.

I do listen to tubes more than any other medium at the moment, but my amp has 2 EL-34 Groove Tubes and 5 AX7's in jackets so they are of unknown sort.

Dude, you need to roll. Groove Tubes belong in guitar amps (yeah, I get they are expensive, but you have them in the wrong application), and for a small bit of change you can grab the Mullard 12AX7s. There are SOOOO many EL34 options out there. It is such a commonly used tube there is no reason not to roll them. They will be cheap as well.

Contemplating a new headphone amp. I have decided on the company, now I need to decide on the amp. Woo Audio is a US company that specializes in headphone amps. I have it narrowed down to the WA3 or the WA6

I need a little advice.

WA3

wa3-6.jpg

WA6

wa6-9.jpg

BUT!!!

You're killing me.

Get one!

the amp I listen to most is a guitar amp :)

105.  If the egg creeps then you have to time it and you will lose moisture, but if you lock it in at 105 you can let it go until equilibirum

I need to get a egg.sad.png