Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Any of you guys use a foam cannon on your vehicles? Seems like the ultimate pre-soak, but I want to be sure before I drop some serious money on it. Also, is it better to get the kind for a pressure washer or a water hose?

Amazon has the chemical guys version and some sort of knock off. All the reviews for the knock off are good, but recent....

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=foam+cannon

Washed the SUV for the first time today. It NEEEEEDS some serious sealant. Paint is in pretty good shape, but there ain't no way you could Duke's of Hazzard that hood!

Midnight here and its still 80 outside, and about 100+ inside, fucking poor insulation and no central heat and air, FUCK!!!! Im uncomfortable

Any of you guys use a foam cannon on your vehicles? Seems like the ultimate pre-soak, but I want to be sure before I drop some serious money on it. Also, is it better to get the kind for a pressure washer or a water hose?

Amazon has the chemical guys version and some sort of knock off. All the reviews for the knock off are good, but recent....

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=foam+cannon

Ask yourself if you're okay with the film from tge detergents drying on your paint.

There's no need for a presoak. Rinse the loose dirt with water from the hose, then wash normally. Simplest and best way. If you have stubborn spots like bugs, rub some car wash directly on and let sit for a couple minutes, then scrub.

Rainy, rainy day...I would love to go back to sleep..

without a pressure washer they are pointless.

I use one, although it does not speed up your wash at all. 2 bucket wash is still 10000% necessary.

Ask yourself if you're okay with the film from tge detergents drying on your paint.

Indeed, you have to be really quick to have that not happen. I spend too much on gravel due to the inlaws and find that when you have a really dirty car it does help the high pressure water get the dirt off in my rinse. That and it is fun. Other than that it doesn't really benefit the wash in a way that makes it a must buy.

Spend the same money on nice towels, a mitt, good soap, buckets, strainer and such and you are better off. A high pressure water source is a must IMO though.

You're fucking nuts. You're telling me you do paint cirrection, yet you use a pressure washer on your vehicle?

That's equivalent to you spending an hour prepping for a meal and then cooking it via a microwave.

Pressurized water, even at low pressure, can and will damage the paint. You are effectively etching the surface, not to mention blasting contaminants and water into the paint.

You're fucking nuts. You're telling me you do paint cirrection, yet you use a pressure washer on your vehicle?

That's equivalent to you spending an hour prepping for a meal and then cooking it via a microwave.

Pressurized water, even at low pressure, can and will damage the paint. You are effectively etching the surface, not to mention blasting contaminants and water into the paint.

I wonder what tip he uses?

Better than flappy slappy car washes.

I also don't know how you would deal with MN weather without pressure washing.

Rainy, rainy day...I would love to go back to sleep..

Your weather seems to be the weather I have 12-18 hours later

You'd rather rub the salt off? No way.

With simple rinse and wash like I posted before. MN weather poses no different necessities of washing.

I should clarify, it isn't like I am using 4000psi lol. I have a really wide tip on a really shitty 2400psi unit and stand back. For a power reference, I use it to clean my hands and feet/legs off when done too.

You'd rather blast the salt into your paint?

You don't rub salt unkess you're using just water. Rinse the loose shit with a hose, then wash with car wash. The detergents encapsulate dirt, salt, and contaminants, and the rinse washes away. It's that simple.

I should clarify, it isn't like I am using 4000psi lol. I have a really wide tip on a really shitty 2400psi unit and stand back. For a power reference, I use it to clean my hands and feet/legs off when done too.

Still too high, and even dumber for using it on your skin. Anything over 30psi and you can create an embolism.

You don't rub salt unkess you're using just water. Rinse the loose shit with a hose, then wash with car wash. The detergents encapsulate dirt, salt, and contaminants, and the rinse washes away. It's that simple.

Then why does hand washing seem to scratch the paint?

Anytime you touch the paint, you scratch it. Washing it . Will scratch and degrade it. There's nothing you can do to stop that. All you can try to do is lessen the damage and protect it inbetween cleanings.

Anytime you touch the paint, you scratch it. Washing it . Will scratch and degrade it. There's nothing you can do to stop that. All you can try to do is lessen the damage and protect it inbetween cleanings.

I find keeping it waxed helps a lot.

Hola H0ppers

J

No soap, no high pressure, then the salt does NOT come off.

Still too high, and even dumber for using it on your skin. Anything over 30psi and you can create an embolism.

What is 30psi at 10'? I realize I have a lot more than that, but if it hurt I wouldn't use it on my body. Was trying to relay how my washer is setup.

Rinsing is better than rubbing. Once you add pressure than you can say whether you are rinsing or rubbing the lesser pressure is better. At the same pressure I'll take a rinse over rub any day as by default you are not pushing the dirt around.

Hola H0ppers

J

Sup bro!

No soap, no high pressure, then the salt does NOT come off.

Perhaps on the undercarriage, but it's not an issue on paint. The salt naturally erodes with water and the residue is washed away by the detergent. It's simple.

My winters are no different than yours minus a coupke extra weeks of snow. I know there is no need fir a pressure washer.