Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Anything below 60 is too cold!

What is the average temps your way at the moment?

Not sure, but it has felt like a blast furnace with high humidity.

Are humidity is down a bit at the moment.Still humid at night?

This will be a must see

http://www.merufilm.com/

...but mostly because it stars one of my best college buddies

Looks awesome.

This will be a must see

http://www.merufilm.com/

Just checked and it's showing at our local theater next month, got a big group of people that'll love it.

you mean our

you mean our

Yea on my phone..

you mean our

Yea on my phone..

off topic much?

you mean our

Yea on my phone..

off topic much?

In a off topic thread?

This will be a must seehttp://www.merufilm.com/

Looks awesome.

Agreed. The subject seems to be something I just don't have the gall to do.

J

What is for supper tonight you guys? smile.png

tube steak?

Are you saying that is what you are wanting for supper?

I was being for real.. Shrimp alfredo here.smile.png

Had rack of lamb sous vide then grilled on the egg, loaf of home made french bread, and some veggies from the farm (purple carrots, haricot verde, corn on the cob).

BEST corn of the year by far. Makes me REALLY want to drive North next weekend to chase it. The further N you go the better the corn. HUGE difference.

Bottle of Zin too.

Forgot about dessert. Baby Cantaloupe and a Honeydew. Picked yesterday and ripe as hell. I fucking hate both (if you stay in hotels 2 days a week....) but OMG I couldn't stop eating. What a fucking great growing year!!

Had rack of lamb sous vide then grilled on the egg, loaf of home made french bread, and some veggies from the farm (purple carrots, haricot verde, corn on the cob).

BEST corn of the year by far. Makes me REALLY want to drive North next weekend to chase it. The further N you go the better the corn. HUGE difference.

Will you eat from my farm? You know I will hook you up...But my farm will most likely yield feed for my cattle that you may purchase at your butcher,so all in all is the same.smile.png

I still have you bro I will give you a good discount on cattle..Sorry I don't plan to carry sheep at this timesad.png

Bottle of Zin too.

Forgot about dessert. Baby Cantaloupe and a Honeydew. Picked yesterday and ripe as hell. I fucking hate both (if you stay in hotels 2 days a week....) but OMG I couldn't stop eating. What a fucking great growing year!!

Luv cantaloupe and honeydew! As a fruit salad?

Will you eat from my farm? You know I will hook you up...But my farm will most likely yield feed for my cattle that you may purchase at your butcher,so all in all is the same.smile.png

I still have you bro I will give you a good discount on cattle..Sorry I don't plan to carry sheep at this time:(

I'll eat anything at its prime from anywhere. Protein, vegetation, I don't give a shit. That is what is ideal IMO. If you skip getting to the prime step then I am less and less interested the further away you get.

I butcher my own pigs, can hand select a cow any day of the week and get a lot of seasonal love from people who love food. I have no garden. When we redo my house that will change, but since I have so little sun it will be highly focused on not mass but flavor.

So far this year I don't have much for next which is unusual, but I am going to be down some space as we gut the house. I think I processed 162 cups of rhubab and will have corn, pumpkin, onion, tomato, squash, grapes, plums, apples coming in bulk soon....but there are a ton of holes this year sad.png

Part of the remodel is an outdoor kitchen and 8' or so slideable wall to open inside to out which will make bulk preparations a lot easier. I can't wait to hose down my cooking space lol.

If I get off my ass I'll buy a bow and take a deer and turkey this year as well. I'm somewhat sick of other peoples processing and figure if I shoot it I'll process it since half the work is done already. Doesn't hurt to have a bone saw, sausage stuffer, and industrial grinder at the farm either. That in nieces/nephews to force to clean them, lol.

Bottle of Zin too.

Luv cantaloupe and honeydew! As a fruit salad?
what is a fruit salad? Two separate things.

Cantaloupe was about the size of a fat softball. SUPER sweet. Honey dew had edible flesh holding the seeds. Unbelievable quality right now here.

If I get off my ass I'll buy a bow and take a deer and turkey this year as well. I'm somewhat sick of other peoples processing and figure if I shoot it I'll process it since half the work is done already. Doesn't hurt to have a bone saw, sausage stuffer, and industrial grinder at the farm either. That in nieces/nephews to force to clean them, lol.

You gonna send me some deer meat?

Your confidence in me almost exceeds my own, lol. I've shot a bow once. In a store testing them. Amusingly after three arrows I am pretty sure I could hit one where I'll hunt though. New tech is nuts. SO FUCKING easy.

Also realize my reason for wanting to hunt has nothing to do with my access to deer. I just want one that is shot right instead of for horns. Fuck old animals.

It feels great outside!!!

Your confidence in me almost exceeds my own, lol. I've shot a bow once. In a store testing them. Amusingly after three arrows I am pretty sure I could hit one where I'll hunt though. New tech is nuts. SO FUCKING easy.

Funny you mention it. I met a few others who switched to recurve because compound was "too easy".

IMHO that is a good problem to have.