Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

WERD!

4 hours ago, sandt38 said:

To add to this, a nightclub would still be defenseless. In almost every state you will find that CCW laws include a disarm clause for any licensee in an establishment that sells and serves alcohol. So a nightclub, by it's very nature, would be a gun free zone.

Just like there's nothing stopping you from driving a car without a license or insurance, there's also nothing stopping you from stashing a gun in your pants before you go to a night club.

Thats what shitty holsters gets you.  

wearing sweatpants didn't help either

Edited by Penguin4x4

Tons of Ticketmaster vouchers; nothing in Texas but a handful of shows at the old Starplex in Dallas

Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration; that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather.

Discovered a very specific "feature" troubleshooting my parent's TV setup.

One HDMI input is hooked to a DirecTV receiver, and one set of RCA inputs is hooked to a old ass DVD player. The DVD player has a manual power button; switch off puts it into standby mode, switch on energizes the player. There is no on/off via remote, just playback controls.

With the switch off DirecTV works, but when you hit the switch the HDCP in the DirecTV receiver kicks on and displays a "TV does not support this program's content protection" error message. Apparently, the DirecTV receiver can detect when the RCA input on the television receives signal.

Fascinating.

For clarification, the DVD power switch is a latching switch, aka a push-to-make/push-to-break switch, like the power switch for the NES; hence the reason you can't remotely turn it on/off.

Edited by Penguin4x4

9 hours ago, topgun said:

If one can't safely and competently handle/carry a firearm when socially drinking, they can't do it sober.  

9 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

WERD!

If one is handling a firearm while drinking they are not doing it safely. As much as I like to drink I will NEVER touch or carry a firearm while drinking.

I can't believe you condone alcohol and firearms together.

I regularly clean and maintain firearms while drinking alcohol. I just make sure to lock up all the ammo beforehand.

Again, totally legal to drink and carry in Texas provided you aren't intoxicated or appear to be intoxicated. Kind of fucked up, but there you go. :shrug:

7 hours ago, Penguin4x4 said:

http://i.imgur.com/atUoaJL.jpg

Remember... with great power, comes great responsitrilitrance!

3 hours ago, Penguin4x4 said:

Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration; that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather.

Dreaming of that face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

On my back and tumbling
Down that hole and back again
Rising up
And wiping the webs and the dew from my withered eye.

I have been trying to post my collection of pictures of my garage in my build log, but I keep getting error500.

Anybody else running into this?

I believe everyone should be educated on proper gun handling in school. Hell if I remember correctly we were taught gun safety in 8th grade. All this media craze just amazes. If we could educate more people, then these people wanting to cause terror may rethink their action.

They should fear us not the other way.

Drains get set tomorrow and concrete gets done on Monday!

Today marks 20 years of marriage. Holy shit life is sure flying by!

18 minutes ago, nem said:

I believe everyone should be educated on proper gun handling in school. Hell if I remember correctly we were taught gun safety in 8th grade. All this media craze just amazes. If we could educate more people, then these people wanting to cause terror may rethink their action.

They should fear us not the other way.

No gun safety, though we did learn butchering and proper meat handling. Oh, and acetylene balloons.

More than a few Christian "feats of strength" and abstinence only seminars, too. Got in a lot of Game Boy play time because of them.

A few naps too, if I recall.