Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Sean, I seriously don't understand how you have enough time to cook in that way, work and have the children's.

Stefan, are you using natural PB? It tastes better and will actually mix with other ingredients unlike the processed shit.

They also have powdered peanut butter

Ugh, reading some of the rules of an upcoming Car audio event makes me facepalm. This to be exact:

-Two of the scores will be measured with the engine off.

-All scores in SPL class are measured with a predefined song.

So my alternator won't be charging. Lower voltage-risk for the equipment, lower watts output.

And they select a song for you, who cares your system is tuned at XX hertz. sleep.png

If you made your own chile powder and used that I am fine, but chili powder no fucking way.  I thought you guys were from Texas?

"1361373725">

>If you made your own chile powder and used that I am fine, but chili powder no fucking way.  I thought you guys were from

Texas?

guess what Sean, I ate Hormel Chili yesterday and was happy with it. your just to picky. I bet you have a herb garden in your basement in the winter so you always have the freshest herbs.

This is Sean's basement:

marijuana-hydroponics.jpg

I'm rich bitch!

Up-Smoke-Cheech-Chong_l.jpg

The Love Machine.  Exactly what we called my 68 :)

Chili powder = powdered chiles, salt, cumin, garlic, paprika; everything I already put in my chili

Predetermined mixes of spices are not spices and should never be used for anything.  Your own mix is viable, but if it isn't made fresh the day of use it is pretty much garbage.

Any and all premixed spice thingee's are ridiculous.  Read the ingredients, mix your own.  Most whole spices needed to be toasted a bit before use as well and start to fail miserably hours after toasting.  If you want to learn how to utilize spices learn to cook Indian food.  Even if they use flavors you don't like the techniques are golden.

Forgot how easy it is to rile you up when it comes to seasonings mamoru-tehe.gif Obviously I "roll my own", just saying that the spice blend in my chili uses (almost) all the same ingredients as store bought chili powder, so technically yes chili powder does belong in chili. Technically. peepwall.gif

A chili spice blend is not chili powder.

Chili powder = powdered chiles, salt, cumin, garlic, paprika; everything I already put in my chili

Predetermined mixes of spices are not spices and should never be used for anything. Your own mix is viable, but if it isn't made fresh the day of use it is pretty much garbage.

>Any and all premixed spice thingee's are ridiculous. Read the ingredients, mix your own. Most whole spices needed to be toasted a bit before use as well and start to fail miserably hours after toasting. If you want to learn how to utilize spices learn to cook Indian food. Even if they use flavors you don't like the techniques are golden.

ockquote>

Forgot how easy it is to rile you up when it comes to seasonings mamoru-tehe.gif Obviously I "roll my own", just saying that the spice blend in my chili uses (almost) all the same ingredients as store bought chili powder, so technically yes chili powder does belong in chili. Technically. peepwall.gif

The chili powder I got is mixed at the store I bought it. I actually thought I was buying a chili pepper powder. Finding fresh peppers is not quite possible now but maybe in the future. I still do my own cumin (when not in a pinch).

There are dried peppers everywhere.  No need to use fresh.

Sean, I seriously don't understand how you have enough time to cook in that way, work and have the children's.

I bet it takes me less time to make chili with all fresh ingredients than it takes you to make it with off the shelf stuff.

Knife skills are the key to cooking.  Obviously there aren't so many needed for chili, but nonetheless I am not slow at anything I do.

I bet it takes me less time to make chili with all fresh ingredients than it takes you to make it with off the shelf stuff.

Knife skills are the key to cooking.  Obviously there aren't so many needed for chili, but nonetheless I am not slow at anything I do.

hmmmmmmm....... resist!

Stefan, are you using natural PB? It tastes better and will actually mix with other ingredients unlike the processed shit.

They also have powdered peanut butter

Maltodexterin makes that easy.

hmmmmmmm....... resist!

I'm good for at least 15 seconds.

hmmmmmmm....... resist!

I'm good for at least 15 seconds.

RESIST!!!! 

Trying to get caught up on HAF.

Todd and I have been keeping the spammers under control.

Thank you.  I am working on banning over a 105 pages worth at the moment.

I need to get back in to cooking more.  The desire is there, just the time is not.

Sure would be hard with all the good places to eat in your area.

This is true.

The Cross Street Market would be enough for a couple months.

There are plenty of little places up the market we didn't hit.

I tried to ban them, but not having the ban power stopped me.

I need to get back in to cooking more.  The desire is there, just the time is not.

Sure would be hard with all the good places to eat in your area.

This is true.

The Cross Street Market would be enough for a couple months.

There are plenty of little places up the market we didn't hit.

I know as I have googled it and found I am planning an entire day there sampling everything.

No it was some processed shit we had in the pantry. I'll try that next time I'm at the store--thanks. I'll probably grab some nutella while I'm at it.

I am referring to the 2000+ that the system flagged on it's own.

I am referring to the 2000+ that the system flagged on it's own.

I can't see them, can I?

Only Admin

Life of Pi, good stuff.

As more time passed after I saw it, the more I felt jipped (sp?).

My wife will not eat vegis, so every morning, she gets a smoothie with a couple frozen strawberries, some OJ a cup of spinach (or other vegi that is mellow in flavor) and a scoop of protein. Usually an extra few ice cubes. Sometimes I will add milk or extra fiber.

She drinks it and it literally has increased her vegi intake by more than tripple I bet.

I do this every day, too. Not a lot of leafy green veggies, though. Can't stand most of them.