Welcome to the IHoP v.2

OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!!!!

You know I'm too practical some times. It will look cool without a doubt :neil:

BWVJiCE.jpg

Dtayshz.gif

Smxi8xB.gif

RH5p219.gif

wtf?  I thought there were background checks

I'm the same way. Don't like the full feeling. Can only eat two or three handfuls at a time. But I can eat every two hours.

I trained my body to be that way, then it all went to hell. It's about activity level, adapting to needs, and being active.

Our amounts of food were different though. I was in the 3500-7000 kcal level for 4-5 years. I burned off more than I ate though. I was losing pound after pound throughout the whole time. Sometimes i was gaining so much muscle it didnt make the scale move much thougb.

I only weigh ~142, but this exact time last year I was 125! :trippy:
Holy shit! I haven't seen 142 since I was about 13. Even when I had cancer and lost all kinds of weight I only got down to ~160.

Eating throughout the day actually boosts metabolism. Perhaps you should try 2-3 large meals a day to slow down your metabolism.

Eating six small meals throughout the day, or 3 big meals will yield different metabolic rates throughout the day, but at the end of the day it's exactly the same. The thing that changes is the Thermic Effect of Food, which is the energy expended to digest and absorb the food. It's directly proportional to the amount of energy the food contains, 5-10% carb, 0-5% fat, 20-30% protein. Average those numbers together into 11.5%

meal one 1000kcal, TEF: 115kcal

meal two 1000kcal, TEF: 115kcal

meal three 2000kcal, TEF: 230kcal

4000kcal, total TEF: 460kcal

meal one 600kcal, TEF: 69kcal

meal two 600kcal, TEF: 69kcal

meal three 600kcal, TEF: 69kcal

meal four 600kcal, TEF: 69kcal

meal five 600kcal, TEF: 69kcal

meal six 600kcal, TEF: 69kcal

meal seven 400kcal, TEF: 46kcal

At the end of the day the same amount of energy was used, and the metabolism is the same.

Now if one changed the composition of those meals than they could alter their metabolism somewhat, but that's getting into something else.

At least that's what I learned in Bio. :shrugs:

Interesting. The other factor in larger meals is the fact we cannot digest massive amounts of protein all in one setting. Same with fat. It just goes through the tube.
Any idea on how much protein? I've heard people say 30g, but I don't believe that.

Yeah actually. .. and it is highly dependant on insulin/igf/GH levels. After a work out I bet with some fast sugars you could put back 50-60 grams on the high end. Maybe more maybe less.

As for average meals, if your metabolism and enzyme levels are good and high I would bet 40.

I'm the same way. Don't like the full feeling. Can only eat two or three handfuls at a time. But I can eat every two hours.

I trained my body to be that way, then it all went to hell. It's about activity level, adapting to needs, and being active.

Our amounts of food were different though. I was in the 3500-7000 kcal level for 4-5 years. I burned off more than I ate though. I was losing pound after pound throughout the whole time. Sometimes i was gaining so much muscle it didnt make the scale move much thougb.

I only weigh ~142, but this exact time last year I was 125! :trippy:
Holy shit! I haven't seen 142 since I was about 13. Even when I had cancer and lost all kinds of weight I only got down to ~160.

Eating throughout the day actually boosts metabolism. Perhaps you should try 2-3 large meals a day to slow down your metabolism.

Eating six small meals throughout the day, or 3 big meals will yield different metabolic rates throughout the day, but at the end of the day it's exactly the same. The thing that changes is the Thermic Effect of Food, which is the energy expended to digest and absorb the food. It's directly proportional to the amount of energy the food contains, 5-10% carb, 0-5% fat, 20-30% protein. Average those numbers together into 11.5%

At the end of the day the same amount of energy was used, and the metabolism is the same.

Now if one changed the composition of those meals than they could alter their metabolism somewhat, but that's getting into something else.

Interesting. The other factor in larger meals is the fact we cannot digest massive amounts of protein all in one setting. Same with fat. It just goes through the tube.
Any idea on how much protein? I've heard people say 30g, but I don't believe that.

Yeah actually. .. and it is highly dependant on insulin/igf/GH levels. After a work out I bet with some fast sugars you could put back 50-60 grams on the high end. Maybe more maybe less.

As for average meals, if your metabolism and enzyme levels are good and high I would bet 40.

I'd be curious to see some studies on it. From an evolutionary perspective it just doesn't make sense. Kill an animal, eat a large portion, and only absorb a quarter of the energy. I know protein digestibility isn't 100% either.

That's gonna depend on the protien. Just bc your meal has 50 grams of protiens doesn't mean they are all digestible. For example corn, only about 60 percent of its protien is digestible.

That's gonna depend on the protien. Just bc your meal has 50 grams of protiens doesn't mean they are all digestible. For example corn, only about 60 percent of its protien is digestible.

That too.

That is kind of miss guided Stefan. They would kill an animal and feas on frezh food all day and preserve the rest.

That was when we statted killing big animals. Before that we rarely killed big animals as the work wasn't worth how much we would waste.

I've always heard 50-60g protein in a single meal

Which is what I limit my protein shakes to

I only weigh ~142, but this exact time last year I was 125! trippy.gif

I am speaking strictly from my personal experience. I have been on and off again for ~30 years. Perhaps it flies in the face of what you learned, but it has proven to work for me. I'm honestly not even going to try to dispute your info, I just wanted to share what has worked for me. Take from it what you will.

I've always heard 50-60g protein in a single meal

It's within the realm of reason for sure. Again depends on the source and your stomachs ability to digest.

I am speaking strictly from my personal experience. I have been on and off again for ~30 years. Perhaps it flies in the face of what you learned, but it has proven to work for me. I'm honestly not even going to try to dispute your info, I just wanted to share what has worked for me. Take from it what you will.

Word. I was just going off what I learned in my class--which wasn't always right. shrug.gif

Side note: Of both eating habits which did you feel more satiated, or easier to eat less? From what I've read it seems eating less frequently w/ bigger meals is more satiating than multiple smaller meals throughout the day. I'm curious what you found since you've been doing it for a long time. Personally it holds true for me, which in this instance is good since I need all the help I can get.

Edited by stefanhinote

That is kind of miss guided Stefan. They would kill an animal and feas on frezh food all day and preserve the rest.

That was when we statted killing big animals. Before that we rarely killed big animals as the work wasn't worth how much we would waste.

Partially, but 30g protein from meat is not that much--certainly less than an average steak don't you think?

Started and finished the book American Sniper today, I enjoyed it.

Monster day, still going.  Just now with a glass of merlot to finish up. 

Word. I was just going off what I learned in my class--which wasn't always right. shrug.gif

Side note: Of both eating habits which did you feel more satiated, or easier to eat less? From what I've read it seems eating less frequently w/ bigger meals is more satiating than multiple smaller meals throughout the day. I'm curious what you found since you've been doing it for a long time. Personally it holds true for me, which in this instance is good since I need all the help I can get.

If I am eating more frequently I always feel hungry. I have found very heavy intake of protein in a large meal keeps me full for long periods of time. Conversely, it seems if I munch all day I am always hungry. I even tend to eat in the middle of the night if I am eating multiple meals all day.

I eat all night some nights.

I eat all night some nights.

I'm sure she would say otherwise.

I work nights most of the time. :)

Zim zam.  But I am hungry for a great sandwich.

Just had some chicken noodle soup. Home made and full of vegetables.