Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I will be glad when I get home so I can get some homemade food. The only soup these phillipinos make have chicken feet in it.

Is it any good?

Good old home cooking on the farm.

I'm the same way. Don't like the full feeling. Can only eat two or three handfuls at a time. But I can eat every two hours.

I trained my body to be that way, then it all went to hell. It's about activity level, adapting to needs, and being active.

Our amounts of food were different though. I was in the 3500-7000 kcal level for 4-5 years. I burned off more than I ate though. I was losing pound after pound throughout the whole time. Sometimes i was gaining so much muscle it didnt make the scale move much thougb.

I only weigh ~142, but this exact time last year I was 125! trippy.gif

Holy shit! I haven't seen 142 since I was about 13. Even when I had cancer and lost all kinds of weight I only got down to ~160.

Eating throughout the day actually boosts metabolism. Perhaps you should try 2-3 large meals a day to slow down your metabolism.

Eating six small meals throughout the day, or 3 big meals will yield different metabolic rates throughout the day, but at the end of the day it's exactly the same. The thing that changes is the Thermic Effect of Food, which is the energy expended to digest and absorb the food. It's directly proportional to the amount of energy the food contains, 5-10% carb, 0-5% fat, 20-30% protein. Average those numbers together into 11.5%

meal one 1000kcal, TEF: 115kcal

meal two 1000kcal, TEF: 115kcal

meal three 2000kcal, TEF: 230kcal

4000kcal, total TEF: 460kcal

meal one 600kcal, TEF: 69kcal

meal two 600kcal, TEF: 69kcal

meal three 600kcal, TEF: 69kcal

meal four 600kcal, TEF: 69kcal

meal five 600kcal, TEF: 69kcal

meal six 600kcal, TEF: 69kcal

meal seven 400kcal, TEF: 46kcal

4000kcal, total TEF: 460kcal

At the end of the day the same amount of energy was used, and the metabolism is the same.

Now if one changed the composition of those meals than they could alter their metabolism somewhat, but that's getting into something else.

At least that's what I learned in Bio. :shrugs:

I am speaking strictly from my personal experience. I have been on and off again for ~30 years. Perhaps it flies in the face of what you learned, but it has proven to work for me. I'm honestly not even going to try to dispute your info, I just wanted to share what has worked for me. Take from it what you will.

Word. I was just going off what I learned in my class--which wasn't always right. shrug.gif

Side note: Of both eating habits which did you feel more satiated, or easier to eat less? From what I've read it seems eating less frequently w/ bigger meals is more satiating than multiple smaller meals throughout the day. I'm curious what you found since you've been doing it for a long time. Personally it holds true for me, which in this instance is good since I need all the help I can get.

If I am eating more frequently I always feel hungry. I have found very heavy intake of protein in a large meal keeps me full for long periods of time. Conversely, it seems if I munch all day I am always hungry. I even tend to eat in the middle of the night if I am eating multiple meals all day.

That's exactly how I feel. In fact I'll eat before bed, and in the middle of the night I contemplate getting up for more food haha.

All this talk of food has me wanting a bed time snack.

J

Eating again.

That car got skared!!

Just viewed the Skar forum for the first time. I gotta get me those super tweeters!!!!

So Matt, what Nespresso machine do you have?  

Aaron, two bug that need fixing.

1 - If you go to View New Content and then on the second page, and click on a thread it wont show the last unread post, but instead go to the start.

2 - If you click on an image it will pop-up, but you can't right click and download or view it and it's properties. Basically you can't download posted images. There was a great feature here, if you post a big image it will re-size according to your screen. Can you bring it back?

Well, Nespresso folks are useless.  I want to know how tall of a mug can fit in a Nespresso machine, the Citiz probably.  They can't tell me a simple dimension though of how tall of a mug I can put in there.  We've got the 16oz Contigo travel mugs and love them and don't want to have to buy new damn mugs to put in there, or pour into one to pour into a second.  They can tell me a 12oz mug will fit, but I want a height dimension.  

I also want to know where people get their .50-.68$/cup cost...  Looking at pods its 1$+ unless you buy in bulk.   

Anyone know where I can watch the Rousey UFC fight online for free? As much as I want to see it, I'm not spending fifty bucks.

I also want to know where people get their .50-.68$/cup cost...  Looking at pods its 1$+ unless you buy in bulk.   

Do they have refillable pods like the Keurig?

Going back to 2008, there was a dumbshit I designed a box for (for free) and he then asked me for a second box design. I asked him for money this time. 1 year passes, he turns into a whiny bitch and since then one of the retards hosting car audio competitions here always flaunts that in my face. Like I'm supposed to help every damn idiot on the face one the Earth for free and he always helped everyone. 

I'm either going to punch or elbow him straight in the face next time I see him or simply ignore his sorry ass. 

Going back to 2008, there was a dumbshit I designed a box for (for free) and he then asked me for a second box design. I asked him for money this time. 1 year passes, he turns into a whiny bitch and since then one of the retards hosting car audio competitions here always flaunts that in my face. Like I'm supposed to help every damn idiot on the face one the Earth for free and he always helped everyone. 

I'm either going to punch or elbow him straight in the face next time I see him or simply ignore his sorry ass. 

-"Hi, go fuck yourself. smile.png"

Aaron, two bug that need fixing.

1 - If you go to View New Content and then on the second page, and click on a thread it wont show the last unread post, but instead go to the start.

2 - If you click on an image it will pop-up, but you can't right click and download or view it and it's properties. Basically you can't download posted images. There was a great feature here, if you post a big image it will re-size according to your screen. Can you bring it back?

Not sure how to correct the post order issue.  As for the download, it will depend on the section sometimes or the user group.  I can check permissions on that.

People expect you to hook them up or they are owed something, and if you finally give in and give them a one time deal, they think they deserve it from then.