Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Got the Camry fixed, well, kind of.  Had a loose ground on the fuel pump plug.  Got that sorted out, and had an ignition issue.  Found some wear on the cap and rotor, replaced them, still there, pulled the plug wires and found #1 with a puddle of oil halfway up the spark plug tube.  I was wondering where my oil was going.  Said fuck it and washed it down with some brake clean, threw some plugs in it, and the damn thing was still running like shit, like one hole was out.  Popped the hood and noticed the #1 plug wire popped off.  Popped it back on, ran it, all good.  Headed to the store and the same shit.  Bitch kept building up pressure and popping out, so I'm not close to home and don't feel like limping home on 3 cylinders, so I busted out the drill and put a hole in the tube cover, and problem solved.  I love being able to improvise on throw away vehicles.  I just hope I can keep that hole lit for another couple weeks.

Just replace the VC gasket on it. Maybe $12 and 15 minutes of work. The tube seal is leaking.

I know that now.  You just don't know how badly I do NOT want to put any time into this thing.  I was quite upset I had to put a cap and rotor on it and that was all of 10 minutes and $12.

Send it to me, my daughter needs a fixer upper.

No, No, No.  This thing is far too rusty to bother with.  It's going to the crusher.

Maybe it and my truck should get together and make little rust buckets that have issues with firing on all cylinders.

And thats how british cars are born?  

Got the Camry fixed, well, kind of.  Had a loose ground on the fuel pump plug.  Got that sorted out, and had an ignition issue.  Found some wear on the cap and rotor, replaced them, still there, pulled the plug wires and found #1 with a puddle of oil halfway up the spark plug tube.  I was wondering where my oil was going.  Said fuck it and washed it down with some brake clean, threw some plugs in it, and the damn thing was still running like shit, like one hole was out.  Popped the hood and noticed the #1 plug wire popped off.  Popped it back on, ran it, all good.  Headed to the store and the same shit.  Bitch kept building up pressure and popping out, so I'm not close to home and don't feel like limping home on 3 cylinders, so I busted out the drill and put a hole in the tube cover, and problem solved.  I love being able to improvise on throw away vehicles.  I just hope I can keep that hole lit for another couple weeks.

Just replace the VC gasket on it. Maybe $12 and 15 minutes of work. The tube seal is leaking.

I know that now.  You just don't know how badly I do NOT want to put any time into this thing.  I was quite upset I had to put a cap and rotor on it and that was all of 10 minutes and $12.

Send it to me, my daughter needs a fixer upper.

No, No, No.  This thing is far too rusty to bother with.  It's going to the crusher.

Ok it was worth a try. :)

you asshole

Picking on the new guy. tongue.png

Jon started it.  He poured the sand in his vag, I just kinda rubbed it in.

you asshole

Picking on the new guy. tongue.png

Jon started it.  He poured the sand in his vag, I just kinda rubbed it in.

Always makes me wonder when some one asks questions like that.

Hiding.  It's two weeks away from being empty.  Damn if I don't want a vert though and to build it myself.   So much cheaper to buy built. 

I am going to put evil amounts of power to my evil!

You evil bastard.

Shit, I don't have any pics of that car anymore.

You evil bastard.

I guess I will be evilly under powering it. ;)

Hiding.  It's two weeks away from being empty.  Damn if I don't want a vert though and to build it myself.   So much cheaper to buy built. 

Hopefully someday I'll get the pleasure of picking one up all built up.

J

should i spend 120 bucks on a nice set of distro blocks or make my own style at home for 10 bucks.....

Make your own.

should i spend 120 bucks on a nice set of distro blocks or make my own style at home for 10 bucks.....

120$?  What do you want?  

10$ if you already have the material, taps, and drills maybe...  

i need sluminum chunk blocks (two) with 4 4/0 iputs on one side and 8-12 1/0 exit holes.....

kinda like this.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y231/AudioAnonymous/IMG_20130104_162856-1.jpg

and the home made ones will be kinda like this.... but better of course. but this is the closest pic i have found to explain what im thinking in my head..

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2173111/2002-chevrolet-cavalier/

Edited by bigjon

16 plain holes, 16 tapped holes, 4 countersunk holes, set screws included, and an engraving on top, 120$ seems pretty damn fair to me.  

I sure wouldn't do it for less than that.  

If you are serious about getting some made, PM me some specifics.  

i mean itsfair im not compaining.. and the rates i got were 105 from one guy and 115 from another.. both shipped ... both worth it no doubt.

but i guess im juat having a hard time choosing, im not above making home made shit if it works.. i do it all the time.. like my fuse holders.

may not be the best ever but it serves its fuction with out looking like trash imo.

case in point

2012-02-25_18-23-19_539.jpg

2012-02-25_18-59-52_233.jpg

2012-02-25_20-07-54_224.jpg

20121228_134816.jpg

or maybe it dose look like trash and im just out of touch because i made it.

Nothing wrong with your work Jon as long as you are happy with it. I have a machine shop and can make anything I want, that is why I would make my own.

ah thats nice!

I need a fucking Bridgeport.  A new lathe too.  Our fucking SB is a piece of shit.

I don't get it.  I rarely drink.  I'm through half a bottle of Disarrono and don't feel a thing.  WTF?