Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

The most random shit ever pops up on here. Love it.

Signed my girls up for softball again, this will be my 5th year coaching. Fun shit

the 2014 version of the Grand Cherokee SRT looks even more appealing than previous years.

Changes from 2013?

You know what would be a funny gag? Have Aaron change Sean's account settings for email notifications for the hop. ROFL

where the hell did this come from, I disappear on a snowmobile backpacking trip and I get this shit?

So, who has a good idea solution for a cheap signal generator for 50-350Hz sine wave to output into an amplifier without having to pull a computer in with the setup.

I use my phone and a free app

My dad's looking in to a new fish knife. Nothing high dollar or for making sushi with, just for cleaning fish. Something along the lines of a standard $20 food service knife should work fine, yes? Dexter-Russell, et al.

130-136.jpg

P94812_small.jpg

I like RADA knives. Very Cheap and their filet knives are very flexible. Make sure you get one of their quick edge sharpeners.

image-6_zps3ee48ded.jpg

image-6_zps64959494.jpg

I just threw a few of those away. You can't cut butter with them.

Maybe you just need to find a redneck around your parts to teach you how to sharpen a knife.

861098_474156062650631_587754119_o.jpg

what a fucking surprise.  A moron with Skar stuff.  Who'd a thunk it?

Admit it, you're envious. You want that in the M5...

The headlights look good.

Honestly the best deal is a used Porshe Cayenne Turbo. You can pick them up for high 20's to mid 30's. I'm talking one that snickered 100k. The motors are bullet proof also

Speaking of shrimp, where is Sean. I suck at cooking shrimp so I purchased a few pounds. Need recipes and technique tips.

I'm back.  DON'T overcook them.

My dad's looking in to a new fish knife. Nothing high dollar or for making sushi with, just for cleaning fish. Something along the lines of a standard $20 food service knife should work fine, yes? Dexter-Russell, et al.

130-136.jpg

P94812_small.jpg

I like RADA knives. Very Cheap and their filet knives are very flexible. Make sure you get one of their quick edge sharpeners.

image-6_zps3ee48ded.jpg

image-6_zps64959494.jpg

Maybe you just need to find a redneck around your parts to teach you how to sharpen a knife.

http://www.tormek.com/en/machines/t7/index.php

Awesome investment. I bought the master kit after my friend showed me his. I am making some nice extra cash sharpening everything from kitchen knives to turning tools. It comes with bandages, and they are pretty much required the first time you check the edge.

There is a T3 for non-commercial use, which is considerably less expensive.

130-136.jpg

P94812_small.jpg

image-6_zps3ee48ded.jpg

image-6_zps64959494.jpg

Okay, you called me out on that.  After filleting one fish you can't cut butter with them.  Any blade will take an edge, keeping it is what makes a knife worthwhile.  I am not willing to spend more time sharpening than using something.

the 2014 version of the Grand Cherokee SRT looks even more appealing than previous years.

Changes from 2013?

Biggest change is going from Chrysler's 65RFE transmission to ZF's 8HP transmission. Brand new infotainment and interior bits; they seem rather proud of the steering wheel. Towing capacity is now 7,200 pounds, 35-75 mph acceleration is reduced by four seconds, both presumably because of the new trans.

861098_474156062650631_587754119_o.jpg

what a fucking surprise.  A moron with Skar stuff.  Who'd a thunk it?

Admit it, you're envious. You want that in the M5...

Sold the M5 nearly 3 years ago.  Bought an 07 AMG ML63 instead :)

0-60 and Quarter mile times are supposedly both improved as well.

The headlights look good.

Honestly the best deal is a used Porshe Cayenne Turbo. You can pick them up for high 20's to mid 30's. I'm talking one that snickered 100k. The motors are bullet proof also

That was my other option when I bought my car.  Problem is they haven't depreciated a 1$ since Dec 2010.  Stupid I didn't buy one.  Now the new ones fetch way too much dough to be on the drawing board when my lease is up in Dec :(

130-136.jpg

P94812_small.jpg

Awesome investment. I bought the master kit after my friend showed me his. I am making some nice extra cash sharpening everything from kitchen knives to turning tools. It comes with bandages, and they are pretty much required the first time you check the edge.

I was just looking at getting one of their Hand Tool kits for Father's Day. Spooky.

Shot of the sled with all my gear as I returned.  Gone for 4 days, missed more than half a day due to some bullshit and a run to the ER for surgery, managed 750 miles and this is all that I carried. :)

IMAG0218_zps464e45af.jpg

Managed 1300mi in the past 10 days and 2000 in the past 20.  Finally a real winter!  Still hasn't been ideal, but at least I've got a few miles on.  If I can add another 1k then I'll be happy.

Oh I see, you have to buy the machine too. Boo. Think I'll stick to finding a Lansky or Wicked Edge type system.

Mostly what I carried was tools and oil

4 pairs of socks, 4 pairs of underwear, swimsuit, two pairs of extra gloves, 2 extra balaclava's, one neck gaiter, a toothbrush and deodorant.  Enough tools to rebuild the sled on the side of the road if required and parts were available.

I prefer to hand hone.  Have some Japanese wetstones.  You can shave with one of my knives.  The others almost.

You know what would be a funny gag? Have Aaron change Sean's account settings for email notifications for the hop. ROFL

where the hell did this come from, I disappear on a snowmobile backpacking trip and I get this shit?

Just randomly came into thought, and found it hilarious. :D

130-136.jpg

P94812_small.jpg

I was just looking at getting one of their Hand Tool kits for Father's Day. Spooky.

Oh I see, you have to buy the machine too. Boo. Think I'll stick to finding a Lansky or Wicked Edge type system.

I was gonna ask which machine you had.

You can actually get a bench grinder jig to use their jigs with your grinder.

http://www.tormek.com/en/accessories/bgm100/index.php

But you really want a low speed grinder. The low speed of the Tormek and the water cooling eliminates bluing and temper damage. The T3 is relatively inexpensive for what it does.

I prefer to hand hone.  Have some Japanese wetstones.  You can shave with one of my knives.  The others almost.

I always said the same thing. I have been a stone sharpener for over 40 years. I sharpen my work knives with a stone, and I always test shave my arm (my wrists are always stubble). I have a co-worker who is a knife hound, and whenever he buys a new knife he gives it to me immediately to have me hand sharpen it. Lately he has taken to Spydercos, so they aren't cheap knives. He recently bought some really nice damascus steel knives (very nice, and amazing to sharpen I might add). But the simple fact is, the Tormek will absolutely kill any hand hone I have ever seen.

Shot of the sled with all my gear as I returned.  Gone for 4 days, missed more than half a day due to some bullshit and a run to the ER for surgery, managed 750 miles and this is all that I carried. smile.png

IMAG0218_zps464e45af.jpg

Managed 1300mi in the past 10 days and 2000 in the past 20.  Finally a real winter!  Still hasn't been ideal, but at least I've got a few miles on.  If I can add another 1k then I'll be happy.

Sounds like a fun adventure--aside from the ER visit. Did you bring a backpacking sleeping bag?

Just randomly came into thought, and found it hilarious. biggrin.png

Amusingly at one point I did that to myself :P