Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Other place to look is QBP. Quality Bike Products out of Minneapolis. They pretty much supply more half or more of what every bike shop in the US sells.

If it is canti's and mtb spacing you have on your hubs there should be a ton of forks floating around from the 90's that were removed in favor of suspension forks. I've looked like hell for mine and can't find it. sad.png Ritchey fork which was pretty much the bomb for 93.

Hmm, this is a Sharp 6.5" LQ065T9DR51U for which I cannot find dimensions. Trying to figure out how big of an open frame monitor I could put in it's place. Height will be the kicker...

DSC00032.jpg

Obviously not needing the keys below and the cd slot above will help, but outside of going to a dealer with a measuring tape which will only get me "close" I am at a loss.

I'm not relocating the buttons above and below either.

I love the fact that the screen support is square, will be super easy to fab something up as I won't have to do a glass mold...as long as it fits in the same space. If it is taller I suppose I could cut some wood to fit the spot and do a build-up/out from glass. If I do that though the question then become at what angle do I do it to maximize the viewing for the driver smile.png

Adrian, if you find a fork here and want to have me include it with the rest of your shipment let me know. I haven't tested yet, but am 99% sure all systems are go. Will do as soon as I hear from you at latest.

At some point buying retro frameset will be cheaper than a fork.

Of course there is always Nashbar. http://www.nashbar.com/bikes/Product_10053_10052_174894_-1___

I can't remember if you had road or canti brakes and that is road. Hell I have no memory of what your bike is.

Canti brakes, regular mtb spacing. I couldn't find anything worthwhile used since I need it 1" threaded and a 220 mm steerer tube. The Dimension and Kona forks where the only ones good and I needed to thread them. Plus they are worth more than what I payed for the bike. I found a fork locally which seems like it's Cromoly, just as much thread as needed, not 2/3rds of the steerer tube threaded, slightly thicker tube walls. 

So it's fixed, for now. I'll probably spring for a new frame in 1-2 years :)

Chromoly is logical for a fork as the ultra light material isn't as strong when you crash it.

Adrian, if you find a fork here and want to have me include it with the rest of your shipment let me know. I haven't tested yet, but am 99% sure all systems are go. Will do as soon as I hear from you at latest.

Now that you mention it, the only thing I'd need extra is a boost gauge, so once I put all the details on paper and get the go-ahead we will do the deal :) 

Chromoly is logical for a fork as the ultra light material isn't as strong when you crash it.

After this breakage I went and bought a helmet. No more riding in the woods without a helmet. 

Now that you mention it, the only thing I'd need extra is a boost gauge, so once I put all the details on paper and get the go-ahead we will do the deal smile.png

Now that you mention it, the only thing I'd need extra is a boost gauge, so once I put all the details on paper and get the go-ahead we will do the deal smile.png

forks, boost gauge, speakers, and cocaine?:D

any one ever used a cheap turbo timer like this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-APEXI-TURBO-TIMER-NA-TURBO-Black-Control-Blu-ray-word-LED-Pen-Size-/181116975725?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a2b69ba6d&vxp=mtr

im looking at it for my "new to me" wrecker, it has an old school no computer 5.9 cummins with a 6 speed, it has lots of power. and when i come off the hwy i hit my house, and shut her off most time with out letting the turbo cool off, my other truck i never worried about it, but with this one as hard as i have been driving it i think it may be a good idea

Best turbo timers in my opinion use an exhaust gas temperature sensor. But I see no reason for that not to work.

Come off the high-way, use engine braking and your EGT's will drop crazy fast.

My sled will drop from 1300 to 400F in about 10 seconds. Of course there is a LOT less mass.

I saw some drag sleds racing the other day and thought about you. One of the guys on one of the quad forums drag races sleds in 600 and 700 classes. It is amazing to see him jerking the skis off the ground 2-3 feet easily.

After this breakage I went and bought a helmet. No more riding in the woods without a helmet.

I started wearing one when I snapped my first frame.

Mine will pull the ski's a couple feet at around 60-70mph. Until then I don't get traction.

Freaking acad2004. angry2.gif

I use Draftsight...because it's free.

I started wearing one when I snapped my first frame.

Yeah, my weekend could have ended a lot worse had I not payed attention to all creaks, groans and moans. First thing after I got home was to go get a helmet. 

This looks like an interesting frame:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Saracen-Tufftrax-Frame-1995-steel-retro-vintage-red-mountain-mtb-bike-bicycle-/380620503393?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item589ebff961

Tange double butted, appears to be welded, oversize headtube (I can fit modern forks). 

But this one is kick-ass:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/voodoo-bizango-18-frame-reynolds-853-tubes-White-Xc-Hardtail-/230966373379?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item35c6ab2c03

Reynolds 853 tubing, same effective top tube length as my current bike. 

There are a few Giant Reign frames on eBay that are fairly cheap. If buying another frame I wouldn't stay with a rigid one.

US is almost out of the question for buying a bike. I want to ride regardless of weather so the less maintenance parts (bushings, suspension), the better for the snowy season :) 

I was looking at the Euopean link you posted.

I have about 3,000 miles on my Giant off road. I use it solely for mountain riding. Half of which is riding on snow plowed roads and trails. Beside typical yearly maintenance I have only went through a set if tires.

Hey everyone, new to this site but not new to audio. I hope I can learn and maybe even help a little too.