Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Gotta ask some price info from you guys. Looking for bar pricing here and what you consider to be a fair brand for each one.

Well mixed drink

Upper end mixed drink

Mid level shot

Top shelf shot

Draft beer

Bottle domestic

Bottle Import

Weekend cover charge

I would like quotes for a 'dive' bar, mid level, and if you visit them higher end bars.

The reason this is being asked is because of a business idea that has come up with family. We are seeing a niche that is not being utilized here, that people are willing to drive for, but would not have to if it was local.

J

I've paid $75 for a shot, but generally I like mid level drinks for the money. $10 for a good beer or shot is acceptable. I can get Sexual Chocolate for $10 a glass, Choklate, Creme Brulee, or Mokah for $6.50, and most other higher end micro beers for $6-8. Generally I see Double Oaked or entry level Pappy for $7-10. 23 year Pappy is $50-75 a shot, but extremely hard to find and rare. If you find it, spend the money for a shot. Fucking amazing, but enjoy it because IMO it is really only worth having a few times in your life. It is just too high IMO. You can find 12 and 18 year Pappy for ~$12-25 a shot, and 10 year for $7-10. Granted, all the drinks listed are limited run, and generally not in most joints, but they should be "top shelf" in most bars.

Covers vary by locale. I tend to stick to college bars and eateries for good micro beers, with no cover to speak of. My favorite local joints for beer are the Mellow Mushroom and Sticks and Stones. The high end liquors (sorry, I really only drink whiskey/bourbon) are generally best found in high end restaurants or top shelf specialty bars. In the bars, covers will be high. In a food joint, food will be pretty pricey.

My favorite kind of chest day.

Jennifer Aniston was sitting butt naked on your chest?

Wait, she has no chest

CAM00342_zps22ce89ee.jpg

Well, shit, you can't see the texture.

Doesn't mean for a short period of time you can break the curve, but keeping it is unusual.

You are potentially biting off A LOT

The main focus would be on the entertainment aspects. Music, wrestling, MMA (which is insanely huge down here), possibly some theatre. The LLC is established and has the connections, just need the building and finance to make something happen.J
How many years do you think this sort of establishment can stay "hot"?Sounds like a flash in the pan to me, but up here our rednecks are edumacated.

Honestly I think we could make a solid 10+ Year run down here as a mid level bar. High end would yield 10+ easily as well but alienate a lot of clientel.

The area is so diverse it is insane. For example one country bar often has a packed house in weekends, but runs no specials, and loses clientel due to shitty drinks.

J

Gotta ask some price info from you guys. Looking for bar pricing here and what you consider to be a fair brand for each one.

Well mixed drink

Upper end mixed drink

Mid level shot

Top shelf shot

Draft beer

Bottle domestic

Bottle Import

Weekend cover charge

I would like quotes for a 'dive' bar, mid level, and if you visit them higher end bars.

The reason this is being asked is because of a business idea that has come up with family. We are seeing a niche that is not being utilized here, that people are willing to drive for, but would not have to if it was local.

J

I've paid $75 for a shot, but generally I like mid level drinks for the money. $10 for a good beer or shot is acceptable. I can get Sexual Chocolate for $10 a glass, Choklate, Creme Brulee, or Mokah for $6.50, and most other higher end micro beers for $6-8. Generally I see Double Oaked or entry level Pappy for $7-10. 23 year Pappy is $50-75 a shot, but extremely hard to find and rare. If you find it, spend the money for a shot. Fucking amazing, but enjoy it because IMO it is really only worth having a few times in your life. It is just too high IMO. You can find 12 and 18 year Pappy for ~$12-25 a shot, and 10 year for $7-10. Granted, all the drinks listed are limited run, and generally not in most joints, but they should be "top shelf" in most bars.

Covers vary by locale. I tend to stick to college bars and eateries for good micro beers, with no cover to speak of. My favorite local joints for beer are the Mellow Mushroom and Sticks and Stones. The high end liquors (sorry, I really only drink whiskey/bourbon) are generally best found in high end restaurants or top shelf specialty bars. In the bars, covers will be high. In a food joint, food will be pretty pricey.

Trying to avoid food as a main focus, simply some snacky shit, or have a vendor outside selling food.

J

Two interviews tomorrow that I am eh about, with a third on Wednesday with The Hard rock Cafe that I am hoping for.

Let's see what happens.

J

Doesn't mean for a short period of time you can break the curve, but keeping it is unusual.

The main focus would be on the entertainment aspects. Music, wrestling, MMA (which is insanely huge down here), possibly some theatre. The LLC is established and has the connections, just need the building and finance to make something happen.J
How many years do you think this sort of establishment can stay "hot"?Sounds like a flash in the pan to me, but up here our rednecks are edumacated.

Honestly I think we could make a solid 10+ Year run down here as a mid level bar. High end would yield 10+ easily as well but alienate a lot of clientel.

The area is so diverse it is insane. For example one country bar often has a packed house in weekends, but runs no specials, and loses clientel due to shitty drinks.

J

Has ANY bar only venue there made a 10 year run? If so, what do they do?

Honestly I think we could make a solid 10+ Year run down here as a mid level bar. High end would yield 10+ easily as well but alienate a lot of clientel.The area is so diverse it is insane. For example one country bar often has a packed house in weekends, but runs no specials, and loses clientel due to shitty drinks.J
Has ANY bar only venue there made a 10 year run? If so, what do they do?

All of them have had some form of entertainment (tournaments in darts/pool, live music, big dance floor). The ones without do not last.

Hence focusing on the entertainment, and food is a side note. I know entertainment does not pack them in alone. You need booze to go with it.

J

has to be the rigt entertainment

how many have failed in the past ten years?

That I would have to get back to you on. I am uncertain. I know the number would vary greatly depending on radius, as Tampa is close enough to visit, but not quite enough to count usually.

Agreed. I have the idea of stealing a gimmick from studio 54 and once a month having a black tie, high end catered affair. Higher prices to get in, with more 'sophisticated' entertainment such as an orchistra or a dinner theatre.

J

That I would have to get back to you on. I am uncertain. I know the number would vary greatly depending on radius, as Tampa is close enough to visit, but not quite enough to count usually.

Agreed. I have the idea of stealing a gimmick from studio 54 and once a month having a black tie, high end catered affair. Higher prices to get in, with more 'sophisticated' entertainment such as an orchistra or a dinner theatre.

J

You should really research that before investing. MOST bars & restaurants fail within not so many years. And gimmicks are never consistent.

Not trying to discourage you J, I like the idea of starting a business a lot. That being said starting one that becomes successful needs to be the goal.

coffee.gif

Agreed. I have the idea of stealing a gimmick from studio 54 and once a month having a black tie, high end catered affair. Higher prices to get in, with more 'sophisticated' entertainment such as an orchistra or a dinner theatre.J
You should really research that before investing. MOST bars & restaurants fail within not so many years. And gimmicks are never consistent.Not trying to discourage you J, I like the idea of starting a business a lot. That being said starting one that becomes successful needs to be the goal.

I agree a good amount more research needs to be done, especially to formulate a proper business plan. The 'survey' of SSA is intended to simply provide an average baseline of what people expect to pay across the country. This is VERY important, as the area has so many tourists.

I take nothing of what you say as being discouraging, but rather encouraging me to do more homework to find out what will create a long lasting, profit generating business. I appreciate it!

J

Because straight pipes:

Because straight pipes:

You just made me want a Noble M600 again

Great motor. I do hate liking somethings Yamaha though.

coffee.gif

Make that 2 for me. Sorness in the chest set in last night and woke up very sore.

Gotta keep on keeping on. :)

:coffee:

Make that 2 for me. Sorness in the chest set in last night and woke up very sore.

Gotta keep on keeping on. :)

I couldn't have any this morning. After sleeping for a few hours I woke up to the sounds of thunder from my stomach. I gotta quit breaking and eating shit (processed) food.

J

I have found that pasta causes me issues.

Only when in Italian dishes. I cannot figure out why. Asian noodles never give me problems...

I'm perplexed.

Elliptical assembled. I hope it helps. It was a small fortune.