Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Sooooo..... The power from my wall doesn't have a plug. Just wires in conduit.

Do I "need" to install a wall plug?

yes..a female 220 outlet.. You will have two hot legs that will read around 110-115 volt each and a ground hot legs should be black ground will be green and if they are a white that is your common" if it is used"
OMG, DUDE please don't do any electrical work.

Matt, shoot me a PM if you need clear, correct instructions.

Used a real camera this time.

DSC04172.jpg

You can see my only shitty seam too.

And where I touched up the damn paint!

I can't on my phone. Looks great!

Thanks Ryan.

It is bugging me, I must fix it.

My daughter is getting an award for academics and attendance.

Thanks Ryan.

It is bugging me, I must fix it.

No problem. I'll send ya a Yanks hat to wear to the game!

My daughter is getting an award for academics and attendance.

Cool man..Congrads!!

The two hots both won't be black...

Uhh...Coming from the breaker box it should huh2.gif  Should be two 110,115 or 120 whatever voltage you receive from your transformer outside.. By "NEC" all hot legs should be "black in color so both hot in a 220-240 should be black.... Pigtail on dryer may be different..I have dealt with 110,220,3-phase..ect.ect...for a long,long time..

If I had to guess his if he back tracks the wiring, will come back to the box and be on a 2 pole single through breaker with two "black" 110-120 hot legs on it.

Hmm, just got notice that my LG G4 is on a UPS truck on the way to my house?

So much for the June 8th email T-mobile sent me. It better come either before 3 or after 4.

Oh snap!

You lucky dog!

There is a mail in rebate. To LG for a free extra battery 32gig card and extra charger.

128gb card...

That's from T Mobil. LG directly is doing the battery, charger and a 32 gig MicroSD

So it's hard-wired versus a plug correct?

Yes. Is there a reason I cannot hard wire the new one?

No there is not.....You may wan't to consider the proper outlets for future references In case if you need to move it,repairs ect....Would be like buying a microwave or a TV and strait wiring it to the breaker box.."for example".

If you do hard wire even if you have 4 wires in your conduit  if its 4 it will be 2 black 1 white and a green...Two black are hot legs,"white will be neutral used in 110-120 situations with is not the case so put a wire nut on it and a good wrap or two of black tape" and green will be your ground..

If you were closer I would detail your SUV and make it shine better than new.

Random question, what should I look for in a detailer, and what is a 'fair' price? Looking at a wash, clay barring, and a good wax. Plus the interior.

While it has been 'washed' a few times recently, she hasn't had a good thourough detailing aince I moved.

J

If you do hard wire even if you have 4 wires in your conduit  if its 4 it will be 2 black 1 white and a green...Two black are hot legs,"white will be neutral used in 110-120 situations with is not the case so put a wire nut on it and a good wrap or two of black tape" and green will be your ground..

Massive difference in power usage. Massive difference in power options.

J

Massive difference in power usage. Massive difference in power options.

J

Only thing the neutral would be used for coming from the conduit would be to feed a 110-120 v AC to  24 v DC transformer for some PCB's I have seen different applications in my time...All I can suggest is look at the wiring schematics..If it has a spot for the neutral than hook up accordingly..

Single phase will read full line voltage between both lines, and half potential from line to ground/neutral.

An AC to DC conversion will require a power supply, not just a transformer.

All residential control voltages are AC. The only time you will see DC is if there are computerized controls, but the unit will have a power supply for this. Everything else will be AC with the step down transformer, or many just use 120 via the line to neutral.

Single phase will read full line voltage between both lines, and half potential from line to ground/neutral.

All residential control voltages are AC. The only time you will see DC is if there are computerized controls, but the unit will have a power supply for this. Everything else will be AC with the step down transformer, or many just use 120 via the line to neutral.

What I was getting at...I have done more of these then everybody combined in IHOP has had birthdays easy.

http://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/07427891

Double post..

All transformers have a power supply going in whatever the case may be..."to step up or step down"..

What I was getting at...I have done more of these then everybody combined in IHOP has had birthdays easy.

http://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/07427891

I knew what you meant. This is a simple multi-tap step-down transformer. For an AC to DC conversion, you need to rectify the waveform which would necessitate a power supply versus a transformer as you stated.

All transformers have a power supply going in whatever the case may be..."to step up or step down"..

All will have a supply, but not a power supply.