Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Front inner fenders on the Miata are changed. woot.gif

I seen one on craigslist here a few days ago..I will see if I can find it..

Why would he want it, he already changed them???

I was talking about a whole parts car for cheap...I was posting from my phone.

Sooooo..... The power from my wall doesn't have a plug. Just wires in conduit.

Do I "need" to install a wall plug?

yes..a female 220 outlet.. You will have two hot legs that will read around 110-115 volt each and a ground hot legs should be black ground will be green and if they are a white that is your common" if it is used"

OMG, DUDE please don't do any electrical work.

He's our very own expert in: computers, electricity, welding, turbos, transmissions, cars and maybe in nutrition laugh.png

Thank you! wub.png  I knew there was a few people on here that appreciated me. Not to toot my on horn but you left out women,I would not say I am a expert in nutrition but I do know enough to get by and stay fit.

laugh.png 

Good show man smile.png

Or, no comprende

huh2.gif

Got more work done last night

IMAG1922_zpsw1wi0u4n.jpg

How is the Kno Knoise? Is that Kolossus or resonance control?

I appreciate the offer but I live in the land of Vampires. 

IMAG1922_zpsw1wi0u4n.jpg

Resonance control. I've never installed other deadener so I can't do any kind of comparison, but this stuff was very easy to use and pretty thick. I don't have any speakers hooked up yet but from the knuckle test on the panels it sounds much better. I foam filled the voids on the back wall so it gives a nice thud instead of a symbol crash...

Here's a progress pic from Saturday that shows what kind of coverage I did on floor and roof. The c pillars and back wall were untreated at the time of this picture

IMAG1897_zpsg9kry2s9.jpg

Edited by ILuvJDM

I appreciate the offer but I live in the land of Vampires. 

lol

When I bought the front inner fenders I posted on the UK Miata Facebook group and somebody there is always willing to chop up a Miata they are parting. Cheap shipping too. 

IMAG1922_zpsw1wi0u4n.jpg

Resonance control. I've never installed other deadener so I can't do any kind of comparison, but this stuff was very easy to use and pretty thick. I don't have any speakers hooked up yet but from the knuckle test on the panels it sounds much better. I foam filled the voids on the back wall so it gives a nice thud instead of a symbol crash...

Here's a progress pic from Saturday

IMAG1897_zpsg9kry2s9.jpg

Not bad.

Plus the bodywork guy is anxious to form metal by hand. 

Shipping to Dracula's home would be SUPER cheap

IMAG1922_zpsw1wi0u4n.jpg

Here's a progress pic from Saturday that shows what kind of coverage I did on floor and roof. The c pillars and back wall were untreated at the time of this picture

IMAG1897_zpsg9kry2s9.jpg

You do realize that while your work is nice looking that it is horrible overkill and way past diminishing returns. Having 100% coverage is necessary for MLV but not deadener. Work looks GREAT though.

You do realize that while your work is nice looking that it is horrible overkill and way past diminishing returns. Having 100% coverage is necessary for MLV but not deadener. Work looks GREAT though.

yeah I realized that after I already bought 160sqft of deadener... back before I started this project I did a ton of research on deadening and it usually brought me to older threads, some of which were on here. Back in the day the preferred method was what I did here with 100% coverage and sometimes double or triple layers, but apparently methods and science have changed since late 2000's. Since I already had the deadener, I just decided to do 100% coverage and according to the knuckle test it helps resonance on the panels with 100% coverage better than just 25%. This might not apply to actual music or any actual scientific  testing, but I did notice a difference by ear so I went ahead and finished what I started. This was my first time deadening so like any project, I learned a lot and will use a different strategy going forward.

Thanks for the compliments though, I try to pull of quality work with everything I do

Edited by ILuvJDM

The code ended up being a P0442, small evap leak. I couldn't remember if it popped up after I got gas or not. I disconnected the battery for 15 min and now the code is gone. We will see if it was just the gas cap.

On the other hand, my ABS/Brake light have been on for a while. The guy said that every wheel speed sensor says it is bad so it's probably the ABS controller. I know the front right one is bad as the guy that re-did my front end bushing re-installed it in such a way that the tire rubbed through it.

Who's doing the work on the car? Make sure before you throw money at the car that it is indeed a bad unit. For example on my truck the speed sensors always show 3mph since they require voltage to operate and never get to 0mph on the tech2 scanner. To the untrained eye seeing 3mph sitting still would be a huge red flag but in this case it's normal. ABS light can also mean bad wheel bearing so I would jack the vehicle up and grab the wheel at 12 and 6 and rock the wheel to see if there's movement. It only takes a little wobble to make the ABS sensor lose signal and even a millisecond of lost signal will trigger the ABS light/code.

I'll be doing any work on the vehicle. I'll double check everything before hand. I've installed too many wheel bearings for the truck (damn lift that requires offset wheels).

The code ended up being a P0442, small evap leak. I couldn't remember if it popped up after I got gas or not. I disconnected the battery for 15 min and now the code is gone. We will see if it was just the gas cap.

On the other hand, my ABS/Brake light have been on for a while. The guy said that every wheel speed sensor says it is bad so it's probably the ABS controller. I know the front right one is bad as the guy that re-did my front end bushing re-installed it in such a way that the tire rubbed through it.

Who's doing the work on the car? Make sure before you throw money at the car that it is indeed a bad unit. For example on my truck the speed sensors always show 3mph since they require voltage to operate and never get to 0mph on the tech2 scanner. To the untrained eye seeing 3mph sitting still would be a huge red flag but in this case it's normal. ABS light can also mean bad wheel bearing so I would jack the vehicle up and grab the wheel at 12 and 6 and rock the wheel to see if there's movement. It only takes a little wobble to make the ABS sensor lose signal and even a millisecond of lost signal will trigger the ABS light/code.

I'll be doing any work on the vehicle. I'll double check everything before hand. I've installed too many wheel bearings for the truck (damn lift that requires offset wheels).

Wheel bearings are not my friend either, but gotta pay to play I guess.

DSC_0073_zps9f8ab2f4.jpg

I got some serious stomach cramps going on! sad.png

Obviously some of the scratches in the plastic would need some real work

yeah I realized that after I already bought 160sqft of deadener... back before I started this project I did a ton of research on deadening and it usually brought me to older threads, some of which were on here. Back in the day the preferred method was what I did here with 100% coverage and sometimes double or triple layers, but apparently methods and science have changed since late 2000's. Since I already had the deadener, I just decided to do 100% coverage and according to the knuckle test it helps resonance on the panels with 100% coverage better than just 25%. This might not apply to actual music or any actual scientific  testing, but I did notice a difference by ear so I went ahead and finished what I started. This was my first time deadening so like any project, I learned a lot and will use a different strategy going forward.

Thanks for the compliments though, I try to pull of quality work with everything I do

Well it also has some mass...just not much compared to MLV. Got it, might as well use it.

Any hope to fix some of these blemishes without re-paint? http://s1269.photobucket.com/user/michaelkader17/library/Car%20Photos?sort=3&page=1

Thin stuff disappears even if deep, thick and deep will need paint.

What makes the most difference in making them dissapear besides painting?

J

The heat from the rubbing of the clay bar will put the paint into a plastic state and allow it to roll over into the scratch from all sides causing it to close up.  This doesn't make it not exist, but it does allow it to be undetectable to the eye.  Sealing and waxing over that will give the time to the paint to stress release and stay rolled over the scratch and not open back up and the sealer makes it so water and contaminates don't get in the remaining scratch causing localized corrosion.  

If you believe that I've got some ocean front property to sell you too.  :)

Damn, you had me going Mike.

huh2.gif

biggrin.png