Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

???

I was joking, you said you will be doing any work on the vehicle...so I said oh shit your fucked lol
3. You're
4. you are
Very good Mikey, you want a cookie? Better yet you probably want an ice cold beer, if you aren't already intoxicated. biggrin.png
I am fucked up...You already know smile.png but I will still take a cold one!

So you're fucked up and tore the top half of your motor apart and put it back together? So your one of those alcoholics that can work when drunk huh?

Yep...smile.png  Already 12 or better!

The code ended up being a P0442, small evap leak. I couldn't remember if it popped up after I got gas or not. I disconnected the battery for 15 min and now the code is gone. We will see if it was just the gas cap.

On the other hand, my ABS/Brake light have been on for a while. The guy said that every wheel speed sensor says it is bad so it's probably the ABS controller. I know the front right one is bad as the guy that re-did my front end bushing re-installed it in such a way that the tire rubbed through it.

Who's doing the work on the car? Make sure before you throw money at the car that it is indeed a bad unit. For example on my truck the speed sensors always show 3mph since they require voltage to operate and never get to 0mph on the tech2 scanner. To the untrained eye seeing 3mph sitting still would be a huge red flag but in this case it's normal. ABS light can also mean bad wheel bearing so I would jack the vehicle up and grab the wheel at 12 and 6 and rock the wheel to see if there's movement. It only takes a little wobble to make the ABS sensor lose signal and even a millisecond of lost signal will trigger the ABS light/code.
I'll be doing any work on the vehicle.
Oh shit your fucked.
1. You're

2. Some probably know more about cars than you do smile.png

In college, know a descent amount about welding Tig,Mig,flux core, and stick...automotive is next semester, not because I plan to be an auto tech, but just because I want to be able to work on my own stuff

What settings and wire,gas mix ect... on a bobcat would you do if you was welding carbon steel that was 3mm in thickness? Say a pass that was over 100mm in length..
I have never welded with a bobcat welder before although my friend has one.. For Tig in the welding class we use straight aargon, for mig there are a few different machines 100% co2, a couple with aargon co2 mixture and a couple machines that have pulse mig settings. I have welded with all, but Back to your question on the Mig machines with 100% co2 I would run it around 19.5 volts and wire speed around 220-240 since the metal is thin either that or you could crank the volts up to around 20-22 but that would mean increasing the travel speed drastically if not youd burna hole it through...My first class welding I burnt a wholes through a good amount of 8th inch thick T-joint doing vertical up Edited by Stephen93s10

???

I was joking, you said you will be doing any work on the vehicle...so I said oh shit your fucked lol
3. You're
4. you are
Very good Mikey, you want a cookie? Better yet you probably want an ice cold beer, if you aren't already intoxicated. biggrin.png
I am fucked up...You already know smile.png but I will still take a cold one!

So you're fucked up and tore the top half of your motor apart and put it back together? So your one of those alcoholics that can work when drunk huh?

The alcohol stirs up the receptors in the brain and triggers my smarts...Trumps the dopamine glands by far and lets me release my expertise in many fields..cool.png

Question what is the purpose mixing aargon with co2 I know the mixed gas mig machines in shop run a lot hotter and throw more sparks than straight CO2 but whats the benifit? Deeper penetration?

The code ended up being a P0442, small evap leak. I couldn't remember if it popped up after I got gas or not. I disconnected the battery for 15 min and now the code is gone. We will see if it was just the gas cap.

On the other hand, my ABS/Brake light have been on for a while. The guy said that every wheel speed sensor says it is bad so it's probably the ABS controller. I know the front right one is bad as the guy that re-did my front end bushing re-installed it in such a way that the tire rubbed through it.

Who's doing the work on the car? Make sure before you throw money at the car that it is indeed a bad unit. For example on my truck the speed sensors always show 3mph since they require voltage to operate and never get to 0mph on the tech2 scanner. To the untrained eye seeing 3mph sitting still would be a huge red flag but in this case it's normal. ABS light can also mean bad wheel bearing so I would jack the vehicle up and grab the wheel at 12 and 6 and rock the wheel to see if there's movement. It only takes a little wobble to make the ABS sensor lose signal and even a millisecond of lost signal will trigger the ABS light/code.
Oh shit your fucked.
1. You're

In college, know a descent amount about welding Tig,Mig,flux core, and stick...automotive is next semester, not because I plan to be an auto tech, but just because I want to be able to work on my own stuff
What settings and wire,gas mix ect... on a bobcat would you do if you was welding carbon steel that was 3mm in thickness? Say a pass that was over 100mm in length..
I have never welded with a bobcat welder before although my friend has one.. For Tig in the welding class we use straight aargon, for mig there are a few different machines 100% co2, a couple with aargon co2 mixture and a couple machines that have pulse mig settings. I have welded with all, but Back to your question on the Mig machines with 100% co2 I would run it around 19.5 volts and wire speed around 220-240 since the metal is thin either that or you could crank the volts up to around 20-22 but that would mean increasing the travel speed drastically if not youd burna hole it through...My first class welding I burnt a wholes through a good amount of 8th inch thick T-joint doing vertical up

60% argon 40% co2 with the bobcat would be fine..I hate the fuckin wire feeders!!!But 5.5 and 220 on the wire speed on .45 stainless steel mix

Question what is the purpose mixing aargon with co2 I know the mixed gas mig machines in shop run a lot hotter and throw more sparks than straight CO2 but whats the benifit? Deeper penetration?

Really? you are in school for this?

Oxygen is used in small amounts as an addition to other gases; typically as 2–5% addition to argon. It enhances arc stability and reduces the surface tension of the molten metal, increasing wetting of the solid metal. It is used for spray transfer welding of mild carbon steels, low alloy and stainless steels. Its presence increases the amount of slag. Argon-oxygen (Ar-O2) blends are often being replaced with argon-carbon dioxide ones. Argon-carbon dioxide-oxygen blends are also used. Oxygen causes oxidation of the weld, so it is not suitable for welding aluminium, magnesium, copper, and some exotic metals. Increased oxygen makes the shielding gas oxidize the electrode, which can lead to porosity in the deposit if the electrode does not contain sufficient deoxidizers. Excessive oxygen, especially when used in application for which it is not prescribed, can lead to brittleness in the heat affected zone. Argon-oxygen blends with 1–2% oxygen are used for austenitic stainless steel where argon-CO2 can not be used due to required low content of carbon in the weld; the weld has a tough oxide coating and may require cleaning.

Hydrogen is used for welding of nickel and some stainless steels, especially thicker pieces. It improves the molten metal fluidity, and enhances cleanness of the surface. It can however cause hydrogen embrittlement of many alloys and especially carbon steel, so its application is usually limited only to some stainless steels. It is added to argon in amounts typically under 10%. It can be added to argon-carbon dioxide blends to counteract the oxidizing effects of carbon dioxide. Its addition narrows the arc and increases the arc temperature, leading to better weld penetration. In higher concentrations (up to 25% hydrogen), it may be used for welding conductive materials such as copper. However, it should not be used on steel, aluminum or magnesium because it can cause porosity and hydrogen embrittlement.

Oh shit your fucked.

1. You're

1. I do not know a lot about cars yet, so yes there are a lot of people that know more about cars then me including yourself.

2. What are you some kind of a fuckin English professor lol :P

he could teach english where he lives but it sure as shit ain't his first language

Really? you are in school for this?

Oxygen is used in small amounts as an addition to other gases; typically as 2–5% addition to argon. It enhances arc stability and reduces the surface tension of the molten metal, increasing wetting of the solid metal. It is used for spray transfer welding of mild carbon steels, low alloy and stainless steels. Its presence increases the amount of slag. Argon-oxygen (Ar-O2) blends are often being replaced with argon-carbon dioxide ones. Argon-carbon dioxide-oxygen blends are also used. Oxygen causes oxidation of the weld, so it is not suitable for welding aluminium, magnesium, copper, and some exotic metals. Increased oxygen makes the shielding gas oxidize the electrode, which can lead to porosity in the deposit if the electrode does not contain sufficient deoxidizers. Excessive oxygen, especially when used in application for which it is not prescribed, can lead to brittleness in the heat affected zone. Argon-oxygen blends with 1–2% oxygen are used for austenitic stainless steel where argon-CO2 can not be used due to required low content of carbon in the weld; the weld has a tough oxide coating and may require cleaning.

Hydrogen is used for welding of nickel and some stainless steels, especially thicker pieces. It improves the molten metal fluidity, and enhances cleanness of the surface. It can however cause hydrogen embrittlement of many alloys and especially carbon steel, so its application is usually limited only to some stainless steels. It is added to argon in amounts typically under 10%. It can be added to argon-carbon dioxide blends to counteract the oxidizing effects of carbon dioxide. Its addition narrows the arc and increases the arc temperature, leading to better weld penetration. In higher concentrations (up to 25% hydrogen), it may be used for welding conductive materials such as copper. However, it should not be used on steel, aluminum or magnesium because it can cause porosity and hydrogen embrittlement.

Yes but most of the time for lecture we watch boring steve blyle welding videos. I am more hands on then the type to sit and watch an hour video of someone welding

Oh shit your fucked.

1. You're

1. I do not know a lot about cars yet, so yes there are a lot of people that know more about cars then me including yourself.

2. What are you some kind of a fuckin English professor lol :P

he could teach english where he lives but it sure as shit ain't his first language
Where does he live sean

Don't fuck with his family they will drink yer blood

Has always lived there. Note his posting times ;)

If he wanted an answer to a welding question from wiki, he could have just looked on Wikipedia.

If he wanted an answer to a welding question from wiki, he could have just looked on Wikipedia.

Lol I noticed that when I read it... a direct paste from Wikipedia.

huh2.gif

Why is it a big deal that Mike copies and pastes his writings from Wiki?

Lol I noticed that when I read it... a direct paste from Wikipedia.

Yes it was....

That was easier than typing that shit biggrin.png

This post was brought to you by the LG G4 in brownish/tan leather.

"LG G4, fuck yeah!"

-LG G4 users everywhere

Seems as it is always a big deal..Sometimes I think of myself as the SSA whipping boy biggrin.png

Don't fuck with his family they will drink yer blood

Very true, we will!

I watched my god daughter be promoted to 1st grade. 

Its not, just thought he would answer in his own words given he welds as a proffesion

I watched my god daughter be promoted to 1st grade. 

Congrads bro!!!!!!