Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I am too old for this shit. I keep telling myself, no more, but dammit. . . 3 hours of sleep is NOT enough.

Hmmm you are never too old and you can always catch up another day. That is how I roll. smile.png

The only time I can catch up is when I have Gavin, and then she just shows up at my door, pretty much naked, so no, I never catch up.

I guess I shouldn't be complaining about this, but damn, it's going to kill me.

#youngpuss@thedoorreadyisnotaproblem

Cowbow up and drink some coffee!

I order a AA mayhem 12 on march 15th from SSA, I'm wondering how long does the wait normally take? cause its almost been a month and I really wanna get my sub soon. 

As soon as the factory can crank it out.  They are working as fast as they can, they have been desperately trying to catch up to the huge rush. 

Pics NOW! What year also?

only an 04', but its like new. i'll upload some pics in a bit here

I've seen plenty of those for $10k and it's always made me think about it. Haven't driven one since 04 though, but I remember them having the best GM seat ever produced at that time.

10k???? Why don't I own one?

I wouldn't buy a 10k GTO. The ones that are taken care of are 15-20k. Still a lot of car for the money.

Well, I wouldn't buy one anyways. Not my kind of car

Do want, bad.

mercedes-benz-cla-das-coupe-2012-20131.j

Last time I remember drinking was at new years eve. (:

Sean, what are some of the most comfortable seats you've ever sat in, list some names? I wanna steal some shit whilst redesigning mine.

I LOVE the BMW M6 seats. Currently my favorites. The AMG seats in the ML are pretty sweet as well. Generally speaking soft seats suck, but support is key. The Volvo XC60 also has great seats.

GM's are the worst, by far. Amusingly I was in the seat design group yesterday and that is what they told me tongue.png

Usually I say AMG is better than BMW.

But even the "old" m6 seats were nice. I am an extremely broad guy though and AMG is usually better.

Odly enough Porsche seats fit wide guys really well. At least the three 996s were great.

Not my idea either, but the wife would love it. :-)

She likes American muscle cars. And since nothing I want is in our budget.....

I wouldn't buy a 10k GTO. The ones that are taken care of are 15-20k. Still a lot of car for the money.

I'm surprised in MI. I've seen nice ones here for that. Higher mileage sure, but that doesn't mean not well taken care of.

Do want, bad.

CLS has no room in it, can't imagine the CLA

Next week I am in town. For shits and giggles I am going to drive:

300 SRT8, M5, E63, CTS-V, Jaguar XFR and maybe something from the Bentley/Maserati dealer although they have Lambo's sitting in the window now so perhaps that'll win.

After waiting 4 months for leaf spring liner, I finally did a marathon afternoon and installed my new, custom springs. 2" taller relaxed, supposedly they should settle 1", so in the end 1" taller than stock. A smidge narrower and thinner material. But 5 leafs instead of 4. 

After 4 hours of work, I jack the rear axle up and the spring keeps bending and bending, eventually arching upwards worse than my old springs. I put the car back on its wheels and I gained less than 1/2" in height. 

$300 springs down the fucking drain. I want to go over at the guys shop and beat him senseless with the springs. What the fuck is wrong with people? If you make ends meat doing something, do it right. I had to tell him the steps between each leaf. A measly office rat has to tell a small business owner how to do his work right? Fuck this, if I had a furnace I'd build my own fucking springs. If you want something done right, you better do it yourself...

And just so it happens I need to carry 400 lbs to the country house tomorrow and I was hoping to not ride on the bumpstops with the new springs. The damn things compressed 1/2" with 170 lbs in the car. Stupid stupid stupid. 

Why the fuck don't we have something like National, Alcan or Deaver locally? Why the fuck can't we have a shop that does custom stuff RIGHT? I'd pay a premium for it, just do it the right. 

There's a local car brand which has a pickup, absolutely beautifully designed and built leafs: military wrap, nice arch, nice material treatment, overload leafs. But if you want a custom spring from where those are built, NOOOO, I can't get a custom spring. 

I need some Energy suspension bump-stops. At least as a band-aid so I won't bottom out on rock-hard, 15 year old bump-stops. 

At least in the radiator department we're covered, the people here build some kick-ass aluminum radiators

Do want, bad.

CLS has no room in it, can't imagine the CLA

I had to fold in half to get in. It was ok once inside.... but getting in was stupid. It was stupid, only really short and this guys need apply. Maybe as a coupe they will help give it more room. I don't give a fuck about those in the back in that kindnof car.

Next week I am in town. For shits and giggles I am going to drive:

300 SRT8, M5, E63, CTS-V, Jaguar XFR and maybe something from the Bentley/Maserati dealer although they have Lambo's sitting in the window now so perhaps that'll win.

That sounds like a fun time!

damn im already feeling good!