Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Sean is correct.  Let the pictures be slightly darker and then you have more room to add light.  Blown out you can do nothing.  Darker can help you.

My shooting makes me less likely to shoot at 100ISO.  It is absolutely just as important but it's also unrealistic for moving people who are not in studio level lighting.

I broke down and bought a smart thermostat. I got an ecobee 3 for $185. My energy company has a special energy savers program where I will get back $150 this month then $30 every September. Almost a no brainer except they do have the ability to bump your thermostat up 1-2* during peak usage (day time) but you can immediately bump it down when you want.

1 hour ago, MKader17 said:

I broke down and bought a smart thermostat. I got an ecobee 3 for $185. My energy company has a special energy savers program where I will get back $150 this month then $30 every September. Almost a no brainer except they do have the ability to bump your thermostat up 1-2* during peak usage (day time) but you can immediately bump it down when you want.

Sounds like a good value!

6 hours ago, dem beats said:

ISO at 100.

That's super cute.

Out of my last 3000 shots I bet more than 500 of them are at 100.

...but that wouldn't be any babys

Of my last 10k shots i bet 8k were of people/living things that are moving.

I hate when Im chosing blur or near u usable grain as the aperature is already capped and no one can sit still. I got a splid chance of holding for 1/8 second if I have IS.

7 hours ago, dem beats said:

Dont do it.  You would like a 7dmkii more.

Its a better camera for you.

I know. :(  Just shot the 5M3 this weekend and it made me want a full frame.  The deal on that I saw was absurd and could probably flip it right away for more...but also don't like the M4 or S.  Not sure Canon understood their buyer in that move, or I don't anyways.

40 minutes ago, dem beats said:

I hate when Im chosing blur or near u usable grain as the aperature is already capped and no one can sit still. I got a splid chance of holding for 1/8 second if I have IS.

You are lucky you are shooting older subjects.  1/50th usually means blur on kids, 1/200 is normally "safe" but even then I get them doing wacky shit that fucks up pictures.

Impatiently waiting for my camera. The lens went from one USPS location to another and then back to the original so I'm getting nervous.

Thought you had it already...was wondering where the test shots were

Ordered everything right before the weekend so the holidays really slowed things down.

14 hours ago, ///M5 said:

You are lucky you are shooting older subjects.  1/50th usually means blur on kids, 1/200 is normally "safe" but even then I get them doing wacky shit that fucks up pictures.

Plenty of kids. I just take a different aproach. 

I treat them like wildlife.

Despite all the shit im going through im turning into something much better than I was.

I lost >200 pounds and people would comment, "Have you lost some weight?".

The last 10 pounds or so changed everything.  I can't power lift heavy with the calorie reduction I am at now, so I have started working my gymnastics and martial arts.  Also I have been getting some spine straightening at my massage place. The small posture changes have been intense.  I havent had this much attention since I was 21. 

My ego is starting to take up entire rooms.

I am so freaking frustrated right now with my items shipping. 

(The Good)

Camera - Fed Ex - Will be delivered tomorrow

(The Bad)

Wife's Phone - When I submitted my order I realized that Swappa used my PayPal address, which is my previous address. I literally noticed this as I hit the purchase button and even tried to cancel the transaction. I immediately contacted the seller AND Swappa. I eventually got a reply from the seller saying it had been fixed. Fast forward to Friday and the phone arriives in my old town and is now listed as forwarded. Meaning I have to wait 7-10 days for it to get to my forwarded address, which is my mom in law's place an hour away....

Lens - After watching my lens go from Millersville MO to St Louis to Hazelwood MO BACK to St Louis BACK to Hazelwood and then finally returning to Millersville over the holidays I contacted USPS who said the destination was not my house. I talked to the seller who called the post office. Turns out the package was misread by the PO which sent it bouncing around... yay.

Sounds like a bit of Ryan's car luck

:Doh: bought some blue paint Aidan picked out....but it's purple.

uc?export=download&id=0B474U_UrwvNaOGFTO

may have to get some Viking horns

He is bummed.  I looked at the damn cap and not the instructions.  Supposed to be shot over chrome.  Who the fuck shoots chrome blue?

And of course I used a black primer