Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Ungh. I have to work in Coon Rapids today. I need some cowbow boots.

Get some Elephant hide ones.  :)

Be prepared to drop 400$ though.  

Do you have to have the emotional capability of a 4 year old to buy Blues Audio stuff? Seriously, my 4 year old is more capable of a discussion where he is misapplying information.

Aaron - I just perused the store and couldn't find shirts. Mark's Polo shirt thread made me look for a tee.

That being said, an upsell idea for you. Perhaps in the checkout you could add a "would you like to add an SSA T-shirt, bumper sticker, coffee cup or whatever the fuck" before the pay button. Bet you'd get a fair amount of ancillary sales that are all advertisements as well.

That is due to a few factors.  The merchandise link at the top had to be switched out for the electrical.  I have been trying to get t-shirts going for months, but there is always something else that gets in the way that is more important.  The checkout isle is a good idea, I have to see if our store has that feature available.  We need to do another large run of t-shirts, hats, stickers and now 3-button shirts.  We have a good amount of "dickeys" shirts still.

Side note, Mark is working on a new store lay out.  Getting REALLY freaking sick of sonicelectronix and woofersetc. going after brands we carry.

Well, she was in a wheelchair chair, but yes, that is what I am thinking.

All I know is I am going to.start doing crosswords every day when I am 40. Watching grams go down that road was tough. Grandpa has kept it solid until now, but I can tell he is kind of powering down. Not depressed, but just doesn't have the drive to keep his brain active.

Either way I would love to give him a photobook, and maybe the whole family one. I might take a couple days off and drive to see my family up north and get some portraits and maybe some sneaky action shots.

I think the whole family would like it.

Crosswords are great, but other areas need to be stimulated as well. Puzzles, photo hunts, and just general brain training are huge helps.

J

Side note, Mark is working on a new store lay out. Getting REALLY freaking sick of sonicelectronix and woofersetc. going after brands we carry.

You gotta blame that on the manufacturer and not the outlet. A smart manufacturer would have a good rep firm to dictate who gets to carry product without watering down the brand.

Get some Elephant hide ones. :)

Be prepared to drop 400$ though.

Are they country trailor bling? I just need them to impress the blue color folks out here.

Side note, Mark is working on a new store lay out. Getting REALLY freaking sick of sonicelectronix and woofersetc. going after brands we carry.

You gotta blame that on the manufacturer and not the outlet. A smart manufacturer would have a good rep firm to dictate who gets to carry product without watering down the brand.

They don't have a rep firm, those sites are approaching them directly. 

I understand your plight, but if they have the resources to do so in our capitalist economy, then what is the problem. I have to agree with Quentin. Rep firm or no, it's the manufacturer's responsibility. If Zed or Sundown don't want their products sold on other sites, it's up to them. Unfortunately for SSA, you're too small to matter in the grand scheme and we all know how people love a cheaper price.

Fuck Sonic Electronix. They make it damn hard to make a living for everybody.

I've bought almost everything from Sonic. Good prices, no hassle, and it shows up to my door step in two days.

I should also say everything was stuff SSA didn't carry.

Edited by stefanhinote

Though I've also bought three icons from the ssa store.

If SSA has the product that I need then that's where I'll buy it. I did order some headphones from sonic not too long ago, and they were at my house in less than 48 hours.

I understand your plight, but if they have the resources to do so in our capitalist economy, then what is the problem. I have to agree with Quentin. Rep firm or no, it's the manufacturer's responsibility. If Zed or Sundown don't want their products sold on other sites, it's up to them. Unfortunately for SSA, you're too small to matter in the grand scheme and we all know how people love a cheaper price.

Oh yeah, I fully understand... whore it out is always > loyalty ;)

I'm just glad I haven't messed with car audio in a while. After looking at invoices I spent WAY too much over the last few years.

I'm just glad I haven't messed with car audio in a while. After looking at invoices I spent WAY too much over the last few years.

I swear I'm done this time....I really hope that's the case at least.

I try and show loyalty as much as possible, but sometimes it just comes down to dollars.

J

Would a spare tire and jack stored inside an enclosure cause anymore noise than being outside the enclosure? The tire and jack would be secured down.

It's sort of a crazy idea I got the other day, but I could fiberglass an enclosure over the spare tire area, make the top panel (speaker baffle) bolt down with window sealer around it, and keep the spare and jack inside. The enclosure would raise the floor of the cargo area by a few inches probably, but then the speaker would clear the spare tire, and I'd have space. Then I'd need to keep a screwdriver or ratchet to undo all the bolts/screws holding the top panel down to remove and get access to spare. It would be a lot of work, but it could be a good project later this year when I get an itch to make something. I always have to be working on a project whether it be on computers or with my hands outside. :D

Or just mold the tools into the baffle.