Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Pent, didn't you get a promotion to a better shift or area or something?

haven't been employed since Christmas :lol:

That is crazy. I thought you were in a plant somewhere.

They keep me busy as fuck at this new shop. I have my own shop... no shit, my own shop. We have 3 buildings, and after my first day they moved a tech out of the shop I am in, giving me 4 hoists and essentially 2 flat stalls to see if I could work it. I can. But they are keeping me so busy I am exhausted when I get home.

I am glad of the pay schedule I chose. They offered me a flat salary or a commission based pay plus a bonus schedule based on gross profit. I figured with 12 lifts and heavy specialties in Euros, Jeeps, and Hybrids (all typically big spending vehicle owners) located right downtown in the business district that the commission/bonus schedule would be a winner. It is.

Just in commission I have earned as much in 3 days (Monday was the last day of the previous pay period, and I was learning how they did things, but my 1 day check was pretty nice) as I was making in my last shop in a week.

Needless to say, I am very happy about work right now. Fucking tired, but happy.

Seth that is such amazing news. Fucking winning.

Me

You

Peng was somewhere too....

Then J

Next that lazy butter sucker will have a good job.

:-D

I need a better job, any ideas?

Education or trained skill set?

Learn a service trade like nursing or go into business doing something you love.

They keep me busy as fuck at this new shop. I have my own shop... no shit, my own shop. We have 3 buildings, and after my first day they moved a tech out of the shop I am in, giving me 4 hoists and essentially 2 flat stalls to see if I could work it. I can. But they are keeping me so busy I am exhausted when I get home.

I am glad of the pay schedule I chose. They offered me a flat salary or a commission based pay plus a bonus schedule based on gross profit. I figured with 12 lifts and heavy specialties in Euros, Jeeps, and Hybrids (all typically big spending vehicle owners) located right downtown in the business district that the commission/bonus schedule would be a winner. It is.

Just in commission I have earned as much in 3 days (Monday was the last day of the previous pay period, and I was learning how they did things, but my 1 day check was pretty nice) as I was making in my last shop in a week.

Needless to say, I am very happy about work right now. Fucking tired, but happy.

Me

You

Then J

Learn a service trade like nursing or go into business doing something you love.

wife is a nurse, not for me. I'm a welder by trade and have a very mechanical skill set. Im at the max pay for my profession around here, but its still not enough for the toys i want. I like working with my hands and really like what I do for a living. Been debating on moving up to AK and weld on the pipelines. Still researching what would be best for the family as I can't be gone all the time.

Me

You

Then J

wife is a nurse, not for me. I'm a welder by trade and have a very mechanical skill set. Im at the max pay for my profession around here, but its still not enough for the toys i want. I like working with my hands and really like what I do for a living. Been debating on moving up to AK and weld on the pipelines. Still researching what would be best for the family as I can't be gone all the time.

Pressure welder?

Me

You

Then J

Pressure welder?
I ARC, TIG and MIG weld. Most of the welding done on pipeline is going to be TIG. I've been wanting to go back to school for a full AWS certification and thought about starting this fall.

Me

You

Then J

Pressure welder?
I ARC, TIG and MIG weld. Most of the welding done on pipeline is going to be TIG. I've been wanting to go back to school for a full AWS certification and thought about starting this fall.

I can't remember which, but one of the guys I use to ride dirt bikes with did work on boats or nuclear facilities since he had some certification, and he was living pretty comfortably.

Yeah, I welded generator casings for the Airforce and Navy for a while and it wasn't too bad for pay. I wouldn't say it was great, but I did alright for myself. I know guys around here were getting $50/hr building a couple ethanol plants, but that was only 2yrs worth of work and after that you would have to travel and I can't do that with a family.

Well that was the extent of my brain storming. :P

In the chat for a bit.

Bought some generic gold bond...holy she it I'm on fire. Someone upped the menthol lol

And of course you put it on your balls...

Yeah, I try not to pepper my balls. Ice water ball sack bath is where its at IMHO lol

Lesson learned...

I don't know about anybody else, but I wouldn't test a generic on my balls

Edited by ChILL

Haha it was cvs brand and I was feeling cheap. It felt fine for about thirty seconds, and then I started feeling the burn. I'll pay the extra few dollars next time.

Haha it was cvs brand and I was feeling cheap. It felt fine for about thirty seconds, and then I started feeling the burn. I'll pay the extra few dollars next time.

lol, I had a similar experience with icy/hot! DONT EVER DO THAT

Pent, didn't you get a promotion to a better shift or area or something?

haven't been employed since Christmas laugh.png

So "promotion" depends on your perspective....

Now let me welcome everybody to the wild, wild west

A state that's untouchable like Elliot Ness

The track hits ya eardrum like a slug to ya chest

Pack a vest for your Jimmy in the city of sex

We in that sunshine state where that bomb ass hemp be

The state where ya never find a dance floor empty

And pimps be on a mission for them greens

Lean mean money-makin-machines servin fiends

I been in the game for ten years makin rap tunes

Ever since honeys was wearin sassoon

Now it's '95 and they clock me and watch me

Diamonds shinin lookin like I robbed Liberace

It's all good, from Diego to tha Bay

Your city is tha bomb if your city makin pay

Throw up a finger if ya feel the same way

Dre puttin it down for

Californ-I-a

NOw I have to find that CD.

REALLY contemplating grabbing a 17-55 Canon or the 17-50 Sigma.

Mostly curious on how much the autofocus noise affects video.

The STM motor is silent Sean. I mean SILENT.

NO NOISE.

It makes the USM on the 50 sound like a jet enjine. For video it can't be beat despite the high F. I will see if I can scratch up some video for you.

And my concern is that next year Canon updates the now 7 yr old 17-55 with an STM

In which your only real concern is that the USM will drop in price. :)

REALLY contemplating grabbing a 17-55 Canon or the 17-50 Sigma.

Mostly curious on how much the autofocus noise affects video.

The STM motor is silent Sean. I mean SILENT.

NO NOISE.

It makes the USM on the 50 sound like a jet enjine. For video it can't be beat despite the high F. I will see if I can scratch up some video for you.

And my concern is that next year Canon updates the now 7 yr old 17-55 with an STM
In which your only real concern is that the USM will drop in price. smile.png
ie, I'll lose more when I sell it versus the Sigma.

Canon is $1200 - new lens makes it worth $700?

Sigma is $600 - new Canon STM makes it worth $400

I'd rent it for a year for $200 EASY. $500 is much harder to swallow.

So yeah, exactly.

Thought I would share a video for you guys. My gto vs my brothers m5 mustang gt

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j_mTn_SQT8I

Thanks for not embedding. I moss a lot of stuff in the hop because my iPad and android phone won't handle embedded for some reason

Preface: our neighborhood has no sidewalks, so I just walk the dogs in the street. Never allow them on to anyone's lawn/property.

So I'm walking the pups and all of a sudden Willie decides right then and there he's gonna take a nice big shit. A little old lady yells out to me "SIR! ARE YOU GONNA PICK THAT UP!?!?" to which I respond "No, ma'am!". I guess her son was there doing chores or some such so she went and got him.

"Sir! You're not going to pick that up!?!?" he asks.

"No sir, I'm not" I reply.

"That's against the law! I'm calling the police!"

"Public roadway, sir!"

"I'm calling the mayor about this!"

"Alrighty!" *waves*

Nosy neighbors are fun to mess with...