Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I do have a tendency to make everything difficult, but perfect.

I'd also like to as I pull up to the garage tell the house which lights to turn on, what music to turn on, thermostat change if I'm cold/hot, and so on. Like to see you do that with stock anything. tongue.png

My goal is to create an installation that the OE's will have in 5-10 years, but have it now. The technology exists, the only quesstion is will I follow through on the programming side to get it done.

Can't voice tune the radio yet, but haven't paid for the SDR touch with the built in presets either. That "should" fix it.

There is a company here in NO that had all that 10 years ago. The company was bought out by someone and it got squashed.

Sean and Matt here is something for you guys to check out if possible.

http://youtu.be/NkYST_rsTO4

Cool walkthru video, something we might be doing this year during our lights on night, for the scarrrrrrdy cats...

http://youtu.be/pJMCKTZ2udw

For those who live close to this area in Texas.

http://youtu.be/TFzcWxMtcdM

I feel like building/ putting together a little home audio set up for mainly music/movies.. I was looking into a kit like this from PE http://www.parts-express.com/projectshowcase/indexn.cfm?project=Tritrix and just build the cabinet myself and using one of my XCON 10's for the low end. Then using a home audio receiver or something like that to power it.. What do you guys think?

I like a TL design. Interested in this project

Yeah, I was thinking either a sealed box or a LLT for the XCON 10, I don't have my PC with me or i'd try and mess around in WinSD and see where that got me.. For the xcon I'm thinking one of the big plate amps from Dayton, and maybe either just a plain 2 channel amplifier or receiver.. not really sure where I should go.

Yeah, I was thinking either a sealed box or a LLT for the XCON 10, I don't have my PC with me or i'd try and mess around in WinSD and see where that got me.. For the xcon I'm thinking one of the big plate amps from Dayton, and maybe either just a plain 2 channel amplifier or receiver.. not really sure where I should go.

Would be cool to see.

Would be cool to see.

Do it and make a build log!

Not in love with the woofer on those, you may be able to do just as good if not better on CL...but then you wouldn't get to build them. Personally if I were going through all that effort though I'd up the ante on the drivers and of course design. Xcon will be fine, if you don't have it though up the cone area.

Not in love with the woofer on those, you may be able to do just as good if not better on CL...but then you wouldn't get to build them. Personally if I were going through all that effort though I'd up the ante on the drivers and of course design. Xcon will be fine, if you don't have it though up the cone area.

What would you suggest? I could use just a standard 2/4 channel amplifier and the Dayton plate amp for the XCON and then use a a Mini DSP for processing. or something.. not really sure where to go.

Bunch of Polaris guys I'd expect from the location. smile.png

If time allows and it is not too far away maybe you and Matt could let me know what you think of their work. Friendly group of poeple put this on.

What would you suggest? I could use just a standard 2/4 channel amplifier and the Dayton plate amp for the XCON and then use a a Mini DSP for processing. or something.. not really sure where to go.
If you only need one input the miniDSP can be a front end, for $11 you do get a volume knob. Pair of used CL amps and bam. If you want a receiver and to build a passive though it comes down to budget. Asking me is a bit brutal too, because the effort somehow always talks me up and up in budget.

Bunch of Polaris guys I'd expect from the location. smile.png

If time allows and it is not too far away maybe you and Matt could let me know what you think of their work. Friendly group of poeple put this on.

It is an hour North. If it weren't for my travel schedule and the kiddo's I'd go for sure. Perhaps though I can make a business trip to Poo and stop in smile.png

Anyone have experience applying a root and custom Rom/kernel to an Android?

I've read a bunch and think it looks rather easy. Just wondering if there are any perma-brick fuckups you can do.

Also curious how the CyanogenMod stacks up to stock JellyBean and if I should go that route or not.

I've read a bunch and think it looks rather easy. Just wondering if there are any perma-brick fuckups you can do.

Also curious how the CyanogenMod stacks up to stock JellyBean and if I should go that route or not.

What phone are you running? 

I had CM 10 on my Galaxy S2,3 and Note 2 and I rather liked it, however there were some downsides. On some phones it'll make the audio quite quiet which is rather annoying, some GPS will be quite slow. There is a lot you can do with CM10.. The battery life in my experience on multiple phones is rather lack luster IMO. With the standard power saving mode on my Note 2 stock I can easily obtain over a day of battery life. 

Honestly I would stick with a stock modified ROM (many come with alternative Kernels) and you'll be much happier. I'm currently running Jedi on mine and I absolutely love it, you get all of the stock features with no bloat and many many mods.

Edited by Julian

What phone are you running? 

I had CM 10 on my Galaxy S2,3 and Note 2 and I rather liked it, however there were some downsides. On some phones it'll make the audio quite quiet which is rather annoying, some GPS will be quite slow. There is a lot you can do with CM10.. The battery life in my experience on multiple phones is rather lack luster IMO. With the standard power saving mode on my Note 2 stock I can easily obtain over a day of battery life. 

Honestly I would stick with a stock modified ROM (many come with alternative Kernels) and you'll be much happier. I'm currently running Jedi on mine and I absolutely love it, you get all of the stock features with no bloat and many many mods.

Although a new Kernel can improve speed/battery life. 

If movies are on the bill, you want a multi channel. For music, stereo is perfect. Although I prefer true stereo, and in my system I do not run my subs for music... of course my mains are flat in room to ~33Hz... I'll need to look at F3 on the design you are looking at.

For $100? I think it is a pretty solid design and at one hell of a nice budget setup. Sure, they aren't Seas with Planers, but they aren't supposed to be. The TL design should work very well with the selected drivers. Ideally I would add a notch with the in room bump at 2K, but I understand the simplicity of the design.

There is always a concern about bricking when you root.

This is really where you want to go to learn about and phone modifications: http://forum.xda-developers.com/