Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Just drove a Tundra, 4Runner & an Escalade. Thought maybe a $15k get my by could stretch/delay the inevitable. Not so amusingly the craptastic GM drove BY FAR the best of the lot. The Tundra is a fucking boat. Thought it would at least feel Japanese, but nope.

Yuk! I don't like the new 4runners at all!

rebate process on newegg is a bit of a pain. 

keyboard feels great though. the novelty of the clicking will probably wear off in a couple days

I have to admit the new ford trucks are 'nicer' IMO than the new chevy's.  But I don't buy new vehicles....

A couple of my coworkers have newer('11 or '12) F150 4x4's...the interior on those trucks are sweet(for an american truck).

Just drove a Tundra, 4Runner & an Escalade. Thought maybe a $15k get my by could stretch/delay the inevitable. Not so amusingly the craptastic GM drove BY FAR the best of the lot. The Tundra is a fucking boat. Thought it would at least feel Japanese, but nope.

Yuk! I don't like the new 4runners at all!

Doesn't really matter the era for me, the steering wheel PINS my legs down. Sat in an 09 as well just to see. NO legroom in those things if you have a long shin.

I will never buy a GM again but if it meant something better in the future I would put up with one. My company vehicles are GMC and I don't hate them.

I just don't like any of my options. Doesn't help that my buddy just bought a brand new GTS Cayenne either.

Which he will sell to me for wholesale when he is done with it.

Here is my problem in a nutshell:

I buy the CTT, my costs are:

$3k for power adders

$2k for winter tires & wheels

at the end of 3 years I "get" the opporunity to then buy a 9 year old truck for $25k. If it happens to be worth $30k I can keep the difference. If it is worth less than $25k I pay the difference.

I buy a Cadillac Escalade.

Opt 1: spend no money on power adders and run all seasons.

At the end of 36mo I can buy a 9 year old truck for $5k

Opt 2: add $7k in power adders and suspension, same result otherwise

Last option:

Infiniti FX50

At the end of 36mo I can buy a 6 year old truck for $5k or I can buy it out at anytime for my wife to drive

Or if I am really frugal I can get an FX35 and keep it at the end of the lease for free.

Or I could do a short lease on a Ford Sport Trac Adrenalin and own it in 2 years for no money.

No money is at least $1k as I have to have some residual, but whatever.

Amazing how much cheaper 07 Escalade than 08's. Boo to first year.

We had a 07 that was great and had no issues. After having the SRX for alittle over a year now she is wanting to get back into a Escalade. I am gonna try to make her wait till the lease is up in another 1.5yr but doubt that will happen. May just go ahead and try to put her in a certified 2010. 

How many miles were on it when it went away?

Had some leaves blow into my driveway last night. After I get done running around for my errands I play beat the snow and rake and rake and rake. Then do the sloppiest job of cleaning my garage ever. I'm not trying to find a way to get off the floor and into the shower...

However I haven't felt this heavy since the last time I did 6 pyramid sets peaking at 720 for 6 on the squat rack.

I think I'll just wait here until the wife gets home and spoon me broth and ibuprofen.

The light is fading bros.

Ryan you can have my tuner and O2 sensor.

Seth can have my bourbon.

What about the Honda?

How many miles were on it when it went away?

The 07 had 50k on it when we bought it and traded it in with around 60k, I know thats not long. 

The only thing negatively noticeable is the ultra light steering feel on the highway, it gives the Escalade a top heavy feeling. It is something that you get use to but even with saying that, we liked it enough to move back into one. I just want to find the right deal. My experience with our Cadillac dealer is awesome honestly, the warranty and service program is great. That 07 came with the diamond package that covered to 6 years or 100k miles bumper to bumper. I have taken them all in for minor issues and every time they offer to let me drive off in a loaner if I dont want to wait.

The only issue I had fixed with the 07 was a rear outside door handle, they replaced with no questions asked. And thats only because my daughter would jerk on the handle trying to open the door, lol. My SRX has only had the battery replaced. The CTS went in for the rear door gas shock, they ordered it and I drove a 2014 Escalade home and picked it back up the next day. After doing that there was NO difference in our 07 and the 2014 that I kept for a day.  

not sure why half way through my post the text got bigger, lol looks like I yelled the last part

What about the Honda?

I don't have a Honda.

I thought you had a CBR?