Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Buy a Porsche already. You keep looking for a truck that handles like a car or a car with the utility of truck. You are going to have to compromise somewhere. Just buy a Panamera and a cheap truck to tow with. Problem solved.

Nope, too cheap for the Panamera. Can't find one for less than $80k. :( Two vehicles means one outside or I build another garage stall....which if I were staying here isn't out of hte question.This is interesting:http://www.autosourcedallas.net/web/used/Cadillac-Escalade-2010-Addison-Texas/10561008/

Not saying I trust whomever built it, but I can't say I would think any Escalade owner dumping that kind of money into that thing would just let any old shop do it.

Buy a Porsche already. You keep looking for a truck that handles like a car or a car with the utility of truck. You are going to have to compromise somewhere. Just buy a Panamera and a cheap truck to tow with. Problem solved.

Nope, too cheap for the Panamera. Can't find one for less than $80k. sad.png Two vehicles means one outside or I build another garage stall....which if I were staying here isn't out of hte question.This is interesting:http://www.autosourcedallas.net/web/used/Cadillac-Escalade-2010-Addison-Texas/10561008/
Not saying I trust whomever built it, but I can't say I would think any Escalade owner dumping that kind of money into that thing would just let any old shop do it.
My thought exactly. Considering it is priced at about the parts costs for me to build one and is newer than I would it is attractive if done well. I have a call into the shop to see what sort of records they have.

Wow that's a great price, the original owner spent some money on that thing

That would be a tough one to sell if you decide to get out of it. That would be my biggest concern. badass forsure though

Tough one to sell in what timeframe? If I buy it, I'll keep it at least three years. Work will then have paid for $22k of it. I'd be only interested if they come down to at least $45k which means I'd have to sell it for >$20k to be okay. I think you could part it out for that...

Also one of those, not sure you want to sell. Perhaps keep it and get a car.

Just drove a Tundra, 4Runner & an Escalade. Thought maybe a $15k get my by could stretch/delay the inevitable. Not so amusingly the craptastic GM drove BY FAR the best of the lot. The Tundra is a fucking boat. Thought it would at least feel Japanese, but nope.

The TRD 5.7 Supercharger though is appealing...otherwise I wouldn't have gone. Since I was there I thought wth I'll tool a 4runner as they can be had cheap. Poop.

Might handle a shit ton better with a rear sway bar added on.I want the supercharger and sway bar for mine. The bar will come after christmas, supercharger some point in the future.J
Handles WAY worse than the Cadillac which shocked me completely. I figured it'd be an upgrade across the board. Sway bar is not the problem either. Calibration and ride height of the suspension are.

Well that makes sense. What type of calibration would you change on it?

J

Just drove a Tundra, 4Runner & an Escalade. Thought maybe a $15k get my by could stretch/delay the inevitable. Not so amusingly the craptastic GM drove BY FAR the best of the lot. The Tundra is a fucking boat. Thought it would at least feel Japanese, but nope.

The TRD 5.7 Supercharger though is appealing...otherwise I wouldn't have gone. Since I was there I thought wth I'll tool a 4runner as they can be had cheap. Poop.

Might handle a shit ton better with a rear sway bar added on.I want the supercharger and sway bar for mine. The bar will come after christmas, supercharger some point in the future.J
Handles WAY worse than the Cadillac which shocked me completely. I figured it'd be an upgrade across the board. Sway bar is not the problem either. Calibration and ride height of the suspension are.
Well that makes sense. What type of calibration would you change on it?

J

New springs, shocks, sways, links basically everything. Needs to be way lower and tightened up significantly.

It just felt HUGE compared to its American counterparts

I'd pay $45K for the Escalade. It's easily got $20K+ in aftermarket parts. You could easily return it to near stock condition later, sell parts, make some money and still have a decent vehicle.

I'd pay $45K for the Escalade. It's easily got $20K+ in aftermarket parts. You could easily return it to near stock condition later, sell parts, make some money and still have a decent vehicle.

Exactly my thought....if the fucker would call me back.

Need to go to the hardware store. Started to tear down the snowmobile engine about 20 minutes ago and realized I need a pin puller. Figure a bolt, some pvc and a washer and BAM. Bummer though as I wanted to only put on mechanic clothes once today.

Tonight I drill out the rivets and then I should be done with the disassembly.

I do have one question though for the motorheads here.

Bolt on the crankshaft that holds on the fly wheel is a bit hard to turn since I turn over the motor. Any trick to holding it still?

Actually 2 questions.

Would you rejet if your pistons looked like this?

IMAG0742_zps6026ed50.jpg

A little rich perhaps meaning I am leaving some snort on the table, but it is probably safe, no?

Let's see how my less than $2.50 puller works, lol. Off to grab some pizza, but later tonight will strip the rest down.

M5 here is one last suggestion, I have been down your road and had the same goals. The SRT Ram quad cab will tow over 10k and run 13's bone stock. It will out handle and out stop that Escalade. And can be had for 25k with sorta low miles. I put a Zex wet kit on mine and sprayed it with a 175 shot ( no tune needed they are so rich from factory) with that shot it put bus lengths on my good friends 2005 Porshe 911 Turbo S even from highway rolls.

Don't sell it short, go drive one. The viper big Tq makes for the funnest truck I ever owned. Screw gas mileage, it's a minor thing if added up honestly. I got 10mpgbin mine and I bet that Escalade is getting 13 at best.

M5 here is one last suggestion, I have been down your road and had the same goals. The SRT Ram quad cab will tow over 10k and run 13's bone stock. It will out handle and out stop that Escalade. And can be had for 25k with sorta low miles. I put a Zex wet kit on mine and sprayed it with a 175 shot ( no tune needed they are so rich from factory) with that shot it put bus lengths on my good friends 2005 Porshe 911 Turbo S even from highway rolls.

Don't sell it short, go drive one. The viper big Tq makes for the funnest truck I ever owned. Screw gas mileage, it's a minor thing if added up honestly. I got 10mpgbin mine and I bet that Escalade is getting 13 at best.

That thing is that fast?

What-the-fuck.

Following the success of the Ram SRT-10 regular cab, Dodge decided to introduce a Quad Cab version starting in the 2005 model year. The new Quad Cab was aimed at the performance truck enthusiast who wanted a performance pickup, but not at the expense of room for passengers and towing capacity. The Dodge Ram SRT-10 Quad Cab was fitted with a 4.56 final-drive gear ratio to improve low-end acceleration and was rated at 7,500-pound (3,400 kg) towing capacity. A body-color aluminum tonneau cover with an aerodynamic spoiler came standard on the Quad Cab. The Quad Cab was only offered with a 4-speed automatic transmission, a 48RE borrowed from the Ram Heavy Duty with Cummings turbo diesel the 48RE was rated to handle up to 700ft lbs of torque.